What Does Christmas Mean To You?

GarnetTigerMom

Reaction score
WHAT DOES CHRISTMAS MEAN TO YOU?

I would love to hear what does christmas means to you and how you feel about it and what it means to you and how do you think christmas got started in the first place? Let hear your input. :ugh3:

christmas mean to me to be with family and show how much i love them (all of them in my family)

Christmas to me and my family is not just giving or receiving present, they are a dime a dozen, whats more important is family, present and deceased. Donating to The Salvation Army, whatever I can afford to spare, every time I see a red bucket. They do good work for a whole lot of people who otherwise wouldn't have such a good holiday.

yes right i plan to lit 3 candles for 3 family members that i lost this year to honor them during the holidays

I love Christmas because it is so nice to see people give those poor homeless family, orphanages, and whoever needs a supportive, money, and love.

We did gave some a bit pricy money, food, and some clothes to some poor families. A several times, we gave a bunch of pop cans to some families when we don't need pop cans anyway. :D:D

I always to give many presents to my family and, sometimes, I do give some things to some people.

Also, we sometimes go to some party for just fun because its so special holiday.

Thanks to Jesus' birth day because that day is always blessing. <3

Bah humbug!

Christmas means nothing to me!

*grunts*

*walks away*

Sorry, you'll have to forgive Scrooge. Just ignore him.

Me? It means different things depending on my point of view.

From a family point of view, it means being together with my relatives and having all kinds of fun such as gifts, food, games, etc.

From a friendly point of view, it's a holiday where we all have the opportunity to get together when getting together is difficult throughout the year.

Christmas time for me is a time for family. I try and show my children that christmas is a time for giving from the heart and not just material things in the store. I have them donate to the salvation army bucket and they help me buy a presnet for a needy child. We also donate to the food drive at school.

Christmas time for me is a time for family. I try and show my children that christmas is a time for giving from the heart and not just material things in the store. I have them donate to the salvation army bucket and they help me buy a presnet for a needy child. We also donate to the food drive at school.

That great. I do that too to give away cans food to the poor as well. It show that we care. Christmas for me is about revisiting those childhood feelings. Sitting around the lounge, outside in the sun, hanging around the BBQ, just having a blissful day off to be naive, having the wonderful 2pm nap before dinner (early dinner late lunch).

To me, Christmas means to share and love. :)

I feel a spirit of adventure not just for the passing joys of Christmas, but for an eternal Christmas, a great story where—as C. S. Lewis put it at the end of the Chronicles of Narnia—every chapter will be better than the one before.

I love that book! lol

Celebration for birth of Jesus Christ.

Christmas is a Christian holiday that celebrates the birth of Jesus. This feast was created by the pope to promote Christianity and remove pagan festivals celebrated at the winter solstice. Christmas has always been represented by religious ceremonies and gifts and greetings exchange. In my dad side of the family they come from Italy and christmas lasts three days, from December 24th till 26th. However, Christmas traditions vary from one region to another one and, depending on the region it is Babo Natale (Father Christmas) or the "Gesu Bambino" (Little Jesus) who brings gifts on December 25th. The Italian Christmas dessert is "Panettone".

So as american, The Saturday after Thanksgiving, Santa Claus is coming to announce the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. American people love to celebrate Christmas and set up a decorated Christmas in their home. Children hang empty stocks empty on the fireplace and on the Christmas morning they find them filled with candy and small toys.

Interesting huh? :)

I do believe in Christmas "birth of Jesus Christ" and "SANTA CLAUS" !!!! I love both.

I feel a spirit of adventure not just for the passing joys of Christmas, but for an eternal Christmas, a great story where—as C. S. Lewis put it at the end of the Chronicles of Narnia—every chapter will be better than the one before.

I love that book! lol

Really? Sounds interesting book :) And yupp Christmas is very spiritual, I agree ;)

Christmas reminds me of the birth of Jesus Christ and His Salvation for us. It also means that God with us. :)

It's nice to give some foods/clothin'/Christmas presents to the needy family who couldn't afford to buy nice things for their children/family. And, also it would be nice to see them to enjoy their special Christmas spirit.

Christmas means alot to people than anythin' in the world. :D

Christmas is one of my favorites. Christmas is all about love and giving, not just material giving, but yourself. Key part of Christmas, even tho, Jesus isnt born that day, but remember of His Birth, by giving up all His glory to come down to become human like us, and the one i love is to hear/see the songs of christmas about the birth of Christ, Incarnate, Emmanuel. Very inspirational and lively within the soul. Tragically, christmas is too commercialize as of materialistic and the strain of humongous of people going thru. Thinking by not giving much of material part by believing by saying "thats not true love". WRONG! It's about all of "me", not as of me me me atttitude, but how much I give myself toward others, as of unconditional love. To many condition with an "IF" or "depend". Love to see friends and family get together with love, forgiveness and encouraging/edifying. That's the true Christmas.

Peace, love and Joy!

Christmas means to remember Christ's birth and to remember him helps us to bring joy, peace and love.

Also to remember his attributes help us to serve people who need feel uplifting love, peace and joy.

I remember the times we were living in Nebraska, I was probably 11 or 12 yrs old, my deaf native american brother and I were at the same age. My brother walked to home from school, there were few boys bullying him and had to beat him up. I don't know why they did that. Maybe because he was different to them. Anyway, my brother ended up having a broken nose. My dad was a doctor and my dad took him to ER. My dad wanted to talk to the boys but he ended up talking to a leader of the group who hurt my brother, the boy was also native american. He wanted to talk to him and his mother. He learned that the boy's family was very poor and the father ran off long time ago. My dad just wanted to tell them that my brother and my family wanted to forgive them for what the boys did. The next thing I saw bunch of presents back of our van, we were able to meet the family and gave them presents. That's kind of example I always remember my father's love and that brought the boy and my brother to peace and everyone was jumping with a joy. :) Just love christmas!!

Back