What do you want done with your remains when you leave this life

It can take anywhere from 8 years to 80 years for bones to decay as it is all based on the environment, where the bones are (i.e. in a box or in a bag), if there is a presence of microscopic organisms, and so on. The point still remains that the entire body does return to dust.

a bag? we're not talking about a body secretly hidden away by a murderer...

a person was prepared by a mortician... and buried in a coffin.... and a cemetery is usually maintained by a groundkeeper.... bones will decay to dust in probably hundreds of years.

Ummm.. Then wouldnt cremation makes your body into dust mich faster? Sorry not trying to insilt anyone belifs just wonder on it...

The body consists of mostly fluids while cremation would evaporate all of that the bones would remain but be very brittle. They take those and run them through a crusher to turn it into a finer substance.

The body consists of mostly fluids while cremation would evaporate all of that the bones would remain but be very brittle. They take those and run them through a crusher to turn it into a finer substance.

a crusher? oh wow I didn't know that. that doesn't sound like a comforting thought.... I hope I don't get processed like that.... I prefer the Viking way... which is little bit similar to how it's done in Buddhism.

I will physically remain forever - roped, stuffed, mounted, and nailed to the wall! :P

e599c771837e391f8acab59d784551c7.jpg

That is rather ... disturbing :shock:

a crusher? oh wow I didn't know that. that doesn't sound like a comforting thought.... I hope I don't get processed like that.... I prefer the Viking way... which is little bit similar to how it's done in Buddhism.

A paragraph on this page describing cremation ...

HowStuffWorks "The Cremation Process"

"Once the body is completely burned, the chamber is then cooled and the cremated remains, which are often still recognizable as human skeletal remains, are swept with a long-handled hoe or wire-bristle broom into a tray. A powerful hand-held magnet is run through the ash to pick up metal parts left behind, such as fillings, plates and hip replacements, which can interfere with the grinding process. The metal parts are disposed with other biological material or recycled [source: Ellenberg]. The bones and remnants are put into a grinder, or cremulator, that uses ball bearings or rotating blades, like a blender. The remains are pulverized and poured into a plastic, lined container or an urn of the family's choice."

A paragraph on this page describing cremation ...

HowStuffWorks "The Cremation Process"

"Once the body is completely burned, the chamber is then cooled and the cremated remains, which are often still recognizable as human skeletal remains, are swept with a long-handled hoe or wire-bristle broom into a tray. A powerful hand-held magnet is run through the ash to pick up metal parts left behind, such as fillings, plates and hip replacements, which can interfere with the grinding process. The metal parts are disposed with other biological material or recycled [source: Ellenberg]. The bones and remnants are put into a grinder, or cremulator, that uses ball bearings or rotating blades, like a blender. The remains are pulverized and poured into a plastic, lined container or an urn of the family's choice."

definitely not the way I want to go..... :eek3:

Ummm.. Then wouldnt cremation makes your body into dust mich faster? Sorry not trying to insilt anyone belifs just wonder on it...

I was talking about how long it would take for a body to disintegrate into dust if it is buried.

Cremation does turn a body into dust which further proves that the body is made from dust! However, I don't believe in cremation as it does a dishonor/disservice to the body.

I can't either-- because of my allergies and meds. I did some research on organ and blood donations, and turns out if you are taking meds or have allergies, you can't donate blood.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

Not true. I know plenty of people who have donated that are on allergy medications and things like that. If they are on illegal drugs, then they don't accept the donations. With all my allergies and such, I am still able to donate if I choose to. I don't for my own health reasons.

Not true. I know plenty of people who have donated that are on allergy medications and things like that. If they are on illegal drugs, then they don't accept the donations. With all my allergies and such, I am still able to donate if I choose to. I don't for my own health reasons.

I just checked the American Red Cross for blood donation, it appears you are correct. However, because my meds can cause my blood sugar to drop low, it's not a good idea to do so, anyways.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

Cremation. I don't think the "dead" can alter any decision made by others re: "disposal".
Why get "unduly excited"?

Just an idea

Attachments

• 1621859_735810653106912_78206419_n.jpg
    1621859_735810653106912_78206419_n.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 7

It is not necessarily about whatever method is the cheapest as it is all about paying proper respect to the dead.

And sometimes those methods are super expensive. I guess cuz cor me its not ao much about how you end up but the memories you leave behind to those who are still alive.

was talking to my friend about this, done nearly everything together known her all my life,only invite for one of us..This is sad subject

Many good ideas and respectively the religion arrangements ... me?? I would like to be cremated and expense paid trip for the family (from life ins) to fly to St Lucia and get on a boat aand scuba dive "Superman's flight" my favorite dive spot and drop me down to bottom. They sell burial device u put ash in and it looks like aa cement square that is placed on bottom.. as a reminder of all tthe wonderful dives I've taken with family.

I'd like to be either buried in Fremantle cemetary in Western Australia, or be cremated and have my ashes scattered back in my place of birth in England.

My Wife has her own opinion. She says if I die before she does (highly likely!!) she'll have my body stuffed and seat me at the kitchen table in front of the Laptop holding a glass of red wine - cos that's what I do most of the time anyway.......... according to her :)

Back