What do you want done with your remains when you leave this life

Great thread I hope it keeps going, and we can explore all our ideas and wishes.
As for me

(Drags cigarette, inhales deeply, exhales smoke in the shape of hoichi again dancing to oblivion)

Like all stupendous bad asses buried with much pomp and fan fare in the the Vatican of course

Last edited:
I get dibs on burning my bod to make indefinable smoke the next time they announce a new Pope.

reba you Mormon what do they believe apart from eternity married to earth husband be my idea of Hell...you burner or burury

All joking aside though, and I did want this thread to be some what serious, my post about being buried in the Vatican of course would be a cool idea, and shit you never know.
But in all honesty and truth that is not my wish, my minions and legions of followers and fanatics who will follow hoichi I'm so itchy, to the bitter end may entomb me in the Vatican, but again that is not my wish.

So then
To keep this thread from spinning out to absurdly I will post my actual wish.
On my property which is 56 acres of forest along the Niagara river, (just slightly of. Side road not far from frenchmans creek) I have 4 hundred ever green trees along with other multiple species of trees. But it is in this forest, within and surrounded by my beloved evergreen trees I wish for my remains to be left not buried, for the animals to feed of when the time comes.
It will be Illegal, and the state which is the coldest of cold monsters can charge me all the damn wAnt which I think is one of the most fitting ends for my remains, breaking the law on my exit from this ugly fallen cruel World to oblivion.
I want the coyotes, I want the birds my loved owls, to feed off me, I want the white tale deer to nudge me with there cute wee snouts, I want the wasps to crawl along my dead face, i want my charming crows to peck my dead stone eyes from my sockets, i want my spirit horse to rest along side me, before his rush towards eternity. I want the rain to fall upon my remAins as a veil of fickle memory and meaning, i want the moons redolent and radiant gentle light shower upon me enough to be visible for a moment alas one instant as I was. I want my soul to drink deeply from the lake of memory, oh maiden let me dance and wander through out forever in your forest of memory, so I can be a M.G.S.. (It is not a typo)

(Drags cigarette breaths deeply, exhales smoke in the shape of what could be considered a monk in the habit of st Benedict, of the tradition of solomses. I turn my head to the sun,)

Amongst the forgotten. Nothing other then a profound shadow.

That is my wish,
But I have feeling my minions and followers will go for the gold and thus the Vatican it will be.

Last edited:
that ideal way...freedom of seas or something like yours hoichi...all those trees sounds ideal place to live....the green burial site near me is like forest and wildlife live in People go there just to enjoy peace and you not know it was cemetery..i don't want to go into local cemetery peoples dogs crap on them...
try give up those enjoyable cigs or you be there before your time(as I creep off and hide to have my faggie everyone thinks I given up)

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

caz12 said:
reba you Mormon what do they believe apart from eternity married to earth husband be my idea of Hell...you burner or burury

??? I'm NOT Mormon.

Burial. I do not have where nailed down. I like the idea of hoichi. My tree farm is where I have spent many happy days working on the land and I have the spot. The whether I can keep the place in the family is something I have to get sorted out. Timberland tax rates have gone up. If not there I would like to be near my Dad on his windswept hunk of hillside here in Alaska.

There is another thread that we had talked about our Death and burial and cremation. Hoichi, you just repeat the same thing from the other thread ages ago.

As for me, I would rather be cremated so that my ashes will return to Mother Earth. Mother Earth had taken care of our needs for shelter, food, and other necessary needs to survive. That is my appreciation to Mother Earth for doing wonderful things for me.

I don't like the idea of being buried under the ground (coffin or boxed). Beside, it is a tradition in our Native culture that we get cremated. Some tribes preferred being buried, that is their decisions. :)

I cant donate my organs if not i would. Becuase of that just whatever is the cheapest cor my family or may e i would have paid for it somehow before that happens. But if its a burial i hope they dont take a presit or something like it.

I can't either-- because of my allergies and meds. I did some research on organ and blood donations, and turns out if you are taking meds or have allergies, you can't donate blood.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

I'm only asking about your beliefs regarding mode of disposition of your remains. After all, that's the topic of this thread.

Everyone's decision about their remains is according to their beliefs.

I'm not asking what your theology is; only about the mode of burial, if there's something specific about how it's done.

If there isn't, that's fine. :)

Not me , I am Jewish and we're buried but I am going to be cremated . My dad wanted to be cremated too but the Rabbi would not allow it. My mom wanted to be buried in a red dress so we brought one for her but her could not be buried wearing it . She had to wear something white. We told the red dress would put in her coffin and he could put it on when she got to heaven. :roll: I think being buried is a wasted of land.

Not me , I am Jewish and we're buried but I am going to be cremated . My dad wanted to be cremated too but the Rabbi would not allow it. My mom wanted to be buried in a red dress so we brought one for her but her could not be buried wearing it . She had to wear something white. We told the red dress would put in her coffin and he could put it on when she got to heaven. :roll: I think being buried is a wasted of land.

Being buried is not a waste of land for we all are made out of dust that came from the Earth and will return to dust after death.

How you want your remains handled at your demise is up to your own beliefs. If you want to be cremated that is your personal belief that you are entitled to.

Cemetaries are not just places to bury people and memorialize them. They also provide quiet green spaces that remain undeveloped.

How you want your remains handled at your demise is up to your own beliefs. If you want to be cremated that is your personal belief that you are entitled to.

Cemetaries are not just places to bury people and memorialize them. They also provide quiet green spaces that remain undeveloped.

Fremont neighbors upset homes will be built on an old cemetery | abc7news.com

There had been cemeteries that been build over , it will happen more with population growing all the time.

yea like hundreds of years

It can take anywhere from 8 years to 80 years for bones to decay as it is all based on the environment, where the bones are (i.e. in a box or in a bag), if there is a presence of microscopic organisms, and so on. The point still remains that the entire body does return to dust.

Ummm.. Then wouldnt cremation makes your body into dust mich faster? Sorry not trying to insilt anyone belifs just wonder on it...

Back