What do you do for a living?

Wirelessly posted

Sign Language and Spanish interpreter

I am a PhD candidate, my research is in bioinformatics, similar to genetics. At work, I engage with computers, not people (I don't have to talk).

I do home home health care, and teach fitness to 4,5, and 6I year old home schooled kids. I LOVE my jobs!

Software Systems Developer

I have been IT professional for more than 15 years.

IT lead for corporate in house medical clinics.

The good - I get to travel around the country (maybe around the world soon :fingersx:)

The bad - Lots of phone support. :blah:

The worst - this bunch is the most computer illiterate group I have ever supported... grrrr :type:

I'm with the boring paperwork crowd - bookkeeper. Sometimes have small contract jobs teaching and recently finished up 1 year contract job editing newsletters for local deaf association.

The good - I get to travel around the country (maybe around the world soon :fingersx:)

The worst - this bunch is the most computer illiterate group I have ever supported... grrrr :type:

Side note, Someone forward me helpdesk e-mail and here is the message:

"Hi y'all, a clear case of ESTO (equipment superior to operator), I do not know how to listen to my voice mail.

Thanks,
Jerry"

Sigh..

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

SneakerNet said:

Side note, Someone forward me helpdesk e-mail and here is the message:

"Hi y'all, a clear case of ESTO (equipment superior to operator), I do not know how to listen to my voice mail.

Thanks,
Jerry"

Sigh..

Leave them a voice message with instructions!!! He he he. (Sorry, very bad herie joke)

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

Leave them a voice message with instructions!!! He he he. (Sorry, very bad herie joke)

We have many instructions on our intranet and even can google it... it's there. I told and show all the new employees where to find info about all of our equipments, computers and such... everything is there... then someone asked a stupid questions....

I work in a senior citizen home. I'm beyond miserable there. I can NOT wait unntil I can say the words "I quit."

I get paid to hike, play in the water, drive in the mud and dirt, and I have been known to hike in a burned/burning wilderness from time to time for more fun hiking adventures.

As for me, I used to do graphic design. My specialty was package design.

I don't do that much anymore... my main job is mom to my 13-year old, very happy, special needs boy. I teach water aerobics two mornings a week. I also design and create my own jewelry as well as make glass beads and silversmith work.

Back