What do you agree that Sex-offender parents pose dilemma for schools?

Should parents who are registered sex offenders be allowed on school grounds?

• No, registered sex offenders should be banned.

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Yes, banning registered sex offenders is an unfair because it belongs past.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • No, parent's criminal background has nothing do with school authority.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Yes, parent's criminal background should be focus by school authority.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I don't know/not sure

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Others

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
If trouble is coming your way, do what animals and humans have done for centuries. Fight or flight.

Rodney King not only have the one videotape evidence but 4 videotape evidence of what was being done to him.

I don't tell people what to do because I am not getting paid to tell people what to do. I tell my opinion and that is what I been doing ever since I been in AD in 2005. ( The reason why I haven't been posting for a long time was because I was out of the country.)

The "It's not my problem" attitude has been around for years, just because one person doesn't care about something doesn't mean another person does.

It's a shame that some of the members who are disagreeing about the court system are the same ones that are saying, "Pull out of Iraq!"[/QUOTE]

Can you please explain where you see the connection?

Comparing the American court system from 40 years ago to the most recent shows how far America has come in terms of race and the court system.

Not bad.

It hasn't come nearly as far as you would like to believe. I am old enough to have lived through that 40 year period, and therefore have a very real comparison base.

It hasn't come nearly as far as you would like to believe. I am old enough to have lived through that 40 year period, and therefore have a very real comparison base.

40 years is a long time. Of course one's memory does get selective over time doesn't ?

If trouble is coming your way, do what animals and humans have done for centuries. Fight or flight.

Rodney King not only have the one videotape evidence but 4 videotape evidence of what was being done to him.

I don't tell people what to do because I am not getting paid to tell people what to do. I tell my opinion and that is what I been doing ever since I been in AD in 2005. ( The reason why I haven't been posting for a long time was because I was out of the country.)

The "It's not my problem" attitude has been around for years, just because one person doesn't care about something doesn't mean another person does.

It's a shame that some of the members who are disagreeing about the court system are the same ones that are saying, "Pull out of Iraq!"[/QUOTE]

Can you please explain where you see the connection?

Just hop onto any of the "End the War" threads that we have in AD and you can see the connection.

I don't think that asking an older child to help with younger siblings is neglectful, either, nor is it grounds for charges to be filed. But the previous poster had questioned why the parents weren't helping the child in the bathroom, so that's why I said, "if". So if a parent is being neglectful it is the parent that should be charged, not the child.

Oh I got it and agree with you on this.

Because I am not a judge. If you want to know why judges are holding perps until court date--ask them. Each have their own reason.

That isn't even what I asked you. Let me try to rephrase the question and see if you get it. Why are there more African Americans arrested, convicted, and sentenced to prison than in proportion to the number of African Americans in the population? These are not exact percentages, but African American males between the age of 18-35 make up approximatley only 10% of the total U.S. population, but they make up 45% of the current prison population. How do you account for that disparity?

This doesn't having anything to do with holding people until a trial date. This is conviction and incarceration. And injustice.

And I didn't ask how a judge would explain it, I asked how you would account for it, based on your claim that the justice system is fair and unbiased.

40 years is a long time. Of course one's memory does get selective over time doesn't ?

No, one's memory does not get selective over time. But judging from your answers to my questions, the inability to understand and answer questions happens quite young, as well as the tendency to make broad generalized statements without sufficient knowledge or experience.

That isn't even what I asked you. Let me try to rephrase the question and see if you get it. Why are there more African Americans arrested, convicted, and sentenced to prison than in proportion to the number of African Americans in the population? These are not exact percentages, but African American males between the age of 18-35 make up approximatley only 10% of the total U.S. population, but they make up 45% of the current prison population. How do you account for that disparity?

This doesn't having anything to do with holding people until a trial date. This is conviction and incarceration. And injustice.

And I didn't ask how a judge would explain it, I asked how you would account for it, based on your claim that the justice system is fair and unbiased.

Total inflation of numbers.

There are 2 million people in the prison system today. That is 1/4th the population of New York City. That is not many people.

Like the education field where college professors have sexual relations with students, or high school teachers accepting bribes to pass students, good cops vs. bad cops, there are good, bad and ugly in every profession.

Including the court system.

No, one's memory does not get selective over time. But judging from your answers to my questions, the inability to understand and answer questions happens quite young, as well as the tendency to make broad generalized statements without sufficient knowledge or experience.

It's been documented that the older the person is, the selective their memory is. Older people can remember certain events with clarity and other events, they can't remember.

Some older people would prefer to remember their "happier" moments instead of the "fact" of the said moments.

It also applies to the young but more prevalent in the older population.

or was in jail? j/k :giggle:

lmao Cheri that was a good one.

You know Byrdie what you just posted back at Cheri, in real life would have earned you a sexual harrassment charge had Cheri called the police. BUT because we were online, you can type things like that.

Would you believe that what you just typed to Cheri could have earned you having to register as a sex offender?

Now where is the justice in that?

Total inflation of numbers.

There are 2 million people in the prison system today. That is 1/4th the population of New York City. That is not many people.

Like the education field where college professors have sexual relations with students, or high school teachers accepting bribes to pass students, good cops vs. bad cops, there are good, bad and ugly in every profession.

Including the court system.

Once again, you are refusing to answer a direct question, so I will assume that you are simply unable to explain the inequities and the discrepancies based on race and SES. So much for your claims that the justice system is unbiased and fair.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt at first, thinking that perhaps you did not understand exactly what I was asking. But, since I have rephrased it three times, and still you talk around the question without ever answering it, it is clear that you do understand the intent of my question, but simply are not able to answer it without contradiciting your earlier claims of fairness.

It's been documented that the older the person is, the selective their memory is. Older people can remember certain events with clarity and other events, they can't remember.

Some older people would prefer to remember their "happier" moments instead of the "fact" of the said moments.

It also applies to the young but more prevalent in the older population.

That has absolutely nothing to do with selective memory, but with the function of short term and long term memory. And only in the cases of neurological pathology is memory in older individuals affected.

Selective memory is a psychological coping mechanism, and can and does occur at any age.

Once again, you are refusing to answer a direct question, so I will assume that you are simply unable to explain the inequities and the discrepancies based on race and SES. So much for your claims that the justice system is unbiased and fair.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt at first, thinking that perhaps you did not understand exactly what I was asking. But, since I have rephrased it three times, and still you talk around the question without ever answering it, it is clear that you do understand the intent of my question, but simply are not able to answer it without contradiciting your earlier claims of fairness.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Corrections Statistics

The above is a link to the DOJ statistics of prisoners. If African American people are going to break the rules which causes a breakdown in the society, then you are going to jail.

Do the crime, do the time.

Amazing that that you are crying foul because of inflated numbers of racial inequalities of the judicial system.

It's obvious a symptom of the "bleeding heart liberal". :roll:

Back