What do we have in common?

i like crafts.
i am over scheduled. (i make time by not sleeping)
i devour books like someone eats french fries
im a hearie

I collect vintage Pyrex.
I love going to thrift stores. They're full of hidden treasures.
I am an avid reader.
I break into bell towers just to gaze at the stars.
I love mountains and want to live in a log cabin.
I think/act like a hearie.

My mother doesn't need a caregiver at this point in her life, but if/when she does, it will be me. My MIL and I...well, we won't even go there. My kids are all young, but I am their primary care giver...who would have thought that a person could have 2 part time jobs, go to school full time, and STILL (for all intensive purposes) be a full time SAHM? That's what happens when your jobs are as the Children's Director at church, the teachers' aide for the K4 class at your kids' school, and go to college all online. My kids are with me all day every day. It's exhausting, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, what kind of changes have you/are you making in the natural and/or organic direction?

I have switched from a total omnivore to being total vegan and I buy organic products as much as possible. I have, in the past, taken cat hair (he had an angora Persian at the time) and spun it into yarn for knitting. I have been taking fresh herbs that I buy, and using part, but also rooting part to put into pots for growing more. I do all my cleaning using vinegar or baking soda.

Hummm, here goes..
I like going sans ha
thrift stores and garage sales are fun
knitting is awesome because I love the geometry, crochet, tat, beading by loom and table weaving are ok but not challenging like knitting is.
I collect vintage knitting patterns and very old cookbooks. I read them like novels. I have an embarrasing amount of old cookbooks and never enough knitting books.
My dogs are my surrogate children and I have granddogs too. ha!
I like working with kids, especially the troublesome ones. I find they are not trouble at all most of the time.
Hugs rule.
My family is the most awesome part of my life.
My friends are a very close second.
I am late deaf but very happy to be proudly deaf.
I like bald men, which is most convenient for a certain old fella that I know very well. lol

Am an avid reader
Loves to shop online when I'm home, but loves to shop at outlet malls whenever I'm in the US.
Loves to travel.
Dreams of doing nearly all extreme activities.

Can't think of anything else.

So I've been fretting over how to find my niche in the Deaf community being a "hearie" and all (I've been called a lot of things before, but 'hearie' is a new one!) and being faced with that huge wall of differences between Hearies and ...um, Deafies?? :lol: (Sorry, not meant to be offensive, just figured it followed suit.)... and then it hit me, all revelation style. The ability to hear may just be the only difference! And yes, I know this sounds ridiculous, but humor me if you will. You are witnessing the inner workings of my overburdened brain. So then I said to myself, why don't you get on there and post a list of things you're interested in and see what you have in common with everyone. And so here you have it. A breakdown of all things Jenn.

1. I am slowly but surely making the change to all things - ok MOST things - organic and/or natural.
I am slowly moving to organic and natural foods too.
2. I am a crafter, albeit not a very active one.
I LOVE making things, especial wood working and wine making.
3. I like to scrapbook. Same category as crafting??..maybe...
4. My life is overscheduled, but I like it that way.
mine too... not sure I like it though.
5. I'm a couponer, but not an extreme couponer. I know how to stack coupons and such as that, but I do not, nor will I ever have the desire to purchase 272 bottles or packs of ANYTHING in one shopping trip.
I am so bad I never look for or save coupons.
6. I used to slalom ski. (Before my parents moved to Florida and took their ski boat with them :roll:) It's been a few years since I've tried it, but I bet I could still make a few runs.
I love downhill skiing and cross country skiing (ya not the same thing... I know)
7. I love to learn and research about lots of stuff. Most recently (like the last 5 years or so) about natural cures/remedies, energy healing, etc.
I think we have lost some of the natural remedies by blindly adopting new remedies that make a corporation wealthier.

Ok, so there's a little bit about me. :wave:

A few more to add of my own!
I love sports but my body is really out of shape from years of work and long commutes.
I secretly like politics!!! (shhh - it's a secret)
I love to travel but I need someone with me - I hate being alone.

:cool2:

I have switched from a total omnivore to being total vegan and I buy organic products as much as possible. I have, in the past, taken cat hair (he had an angora Persian at the time) and spun it into yarn for knitting. I have been taking fresh herbs that I buy, and using part, but also rooting part to put into pots for growing more. I do all my cleaning using vinegar or baking soda.

How cool is that?!

I started fresh herbs (and some vegetables) from seed this year and had a garden. It didn't produce enough to sustain our family vegetable consumption, but it was a nice supplement.

I also do my cleaning with vinegar and baking soda...and lemons. I also have been making my own laundry detergent for the last 4 years or so.

How cool is that?!

I started fresh herbs (and some vegetables) from seed this year and had a garden. It didn't produce enough to sustain our family vegetable consumption, but it was a nice supplement.

I also do my cleaning with vinegar and baking soda...and lemons. I also have been making my own laundry detergent for the last 4 years or so.

What recipe do you have for that? I am beginning to have more and more issues with laundry detergent with my allergies. Would you mind sharing with me?

Sure! I use 3cups Borax, 3 cups Arm&Hammer Washing Soda, and 1 bar Fels-Naptha laundry soap. I grate the soap to powder amd then just mix it all up in a container. Wala!

Sure! I use 3cups Borax, 3 cups Arm&Hammer Washing Soda, and 1 bar Fels-Naptha laundry soap. I grate the soap to powder amd then just mix it all up in a container. Wala!

Thanks!! Will have to find the Fels-Naptha soap and make sure I am not allergic. I am allergic to most soaps and cleaners.

Thanks!! Will have to find the Fels-Naptha soap and make sure I am not allergic. I am allergic to most soaps and cleaners.

I switched to the homemade detergent because my daughter has super sensitive skin and even the "free&clear" detergents were causing her to claw her skin. This hasn't bothered her, but everyone is different. I also use white vinegar instead of fabric softener. It reduces static but also rinses out any soap residue. (And no, you can't smell the vinegar after your clothes are washed.) Besides all that, I now only spend about $45 a YEAR in detergent as opposed to $520. ($10/bottle of brand detergent x 52 weeks since I used a bottle a week!)

Other options for the soap part are Zote soap (which I found made my whites dingey -- spelling?) and Dr. Bronner's Castille soap.

Soap nuts are supposed to be a healthy alternative as well, but I've never used them.

Back