What do we have in common?

JFaison

Reaction score
So I've been fretting over how to find my niche in the Deaf community being a "hearie" and all (I've been called a lot of things before, but 'hearie' is a new one!) and being faced with that huge wall of differences between Hearies and ...um, Deafies?? :lol: (Sorry, not meant to be offensive, just figured it followed suit.)... and then it hit me, all revelation style. The ability to hear may just be the only difference! And yes, I know this sounds ridiculous, but humor me if you will. You are witnessing the inner workings of my overburdened brain. So then I said to myself, why don't you get on there and post a list of things you're interested in and see what you have in common with everyone. And so here you have it. A breakdown of all things Jenn.

1. I am slowly but surely making the change to all things - ok MOST things - organic and/or natural.
2. I am a crafter, albeit not a very active one.
3. I like to scrapbook. Same category as crafting??..maybe...
4. My life is overscheduled, but I like it that way.
5. I'm a couponer, but not an extreme couponer. I know how to stack coupons and such as that, but I do not, nor will I ever have the desire to purchase 272 bottles or packs of ANYTHING in one shopping trip.
6. I used to slalom ski. (Before my parents moved to Florida and took their ski boat with them :roll:) It's been a few years since I've tried it, but I bet I could still make a few runs.
7. I love to learn and research about lots of stuff. Most recently (like the last 5 years or so) about natural cures/remedies, energy healing, etc.

Ok, so there's a little bit about me. :wave:

So I've been fretting over how to find my niche in the Deaf community being a "hearie" and all (I've been called a lot of things before, but 'hearie' is a new one!) and being faced with that huge wall of differences between Hearies and ...um, Deafies?? :lol: (Sorry, not meant to be offensive, just figured it followed suit.)... and then it hit me, all revelation style. The ability to hear may just be the only difference! And yes, I know this sounds ridiculous, but humor me if you will. You are witnessing the inner workings of my overburdened brain. So then I said to myself, why don't you get on there and post a list of things you're interested in and see what you have in common with everyone. And so here you have it. A breakdown of all things Jenn.

1. I am slowly but surely making the change to all things - ok MOST things - organic and/or natural.
5. I'm a couponer, but not an extreme couponer. I know how to stack coupons and such as that, but I do not, nor will I ever have the desire to purchase 272 bottles or packs of ANYTHING in one shopping trip.
6. I used to slalom ski. (Before my parents moved to Florida and took their ski boat with them :roll:) It's been a few years since I've tried it, but I bet I could still make a few runs.
7. I love to learn and research about lots of stuff. Most recently (like the last 5 years or so) about natural cures/remedies, energy healing, etc.

I have the last bit underlined and in bold in common with you. I'm uh, how to say this without coming off as an odd ball here...I'm into energy work, healing...:laugh2:

the rest, no.

I have the last bit underlined and in bold in common with you. I'm uh, how to say this without coming off as an odd ball here...I'm into energy work, healing...:laugh2:

the rest, no.

Hey, it's a start. We both learned something new about someone today. And just think, nobody threw objects across the room just to start a conversation. Awesome.

Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto, except that I don't like it that way.

Being primary caregiver to my mother takes a lot, also being the driver for my MIL adds more and then I home school 2 teenagers as well as keep hubby as healthy as possible.

I like dogs.

I also like any electronic with a brain that interacts with me.

Also I collect Crocs, Birkenstocks, and Converse shoes.

I like winter hats that have earflaps and characters on them. I have Domo, Marvin the Martian, Kermit, an Owl... These are commercial. I also have a handmade one made especially for me by one of our members. It has purple yarn with Peruvian dogs marching around it.

i like to learn about natural remedies too, for health issues. :)

1. i have a love for food. i cook everything from scratch..and i'm always trying different kinds of food lebanese, greek, japan, you name it
2. i like to travel (but wish i could do more of it), i love to explore new things in different places
3. i would like to be a social worker for children someday
4. i have two cats and wish i could adopt more animals.
5. i have an obsession for Swarovski jewelry

my email actually is deafie@____ :)

I'm a full out Organic/All Natural/Know where you get your food from guy.

Being primary caregiver to my mother takes a lot, also being the driver for my MIL adds more and then I home school 2 teenagers as well as keep hubby as healthy as possible.

My mother doesn't need a caregiver at this point in her life, but if/when she does, it will be me. My MIL and I...well, we won't even go there. My kids are all young, but I am their primary care giver...who would have thought that a person could have 2 part time jobs, go to school full time, and STILL (for all intensive purposes) be a full time SAHM? That's what happens when your jobs are as the Children's Director at church, the teachers' aide for the K4 class at your kids' school, and go to college all online. My kids are with me all day every day. It's exhausting, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, what kind of changes have you/are you making in the natural and/or organic direction?

I like dogs.

I like winter hats that have earflaps and characters on them. I have Domo, Marvin the Martian, Kermit, an Owl... These are commercial. I also have a handmade one made especially for me by one of our members. It has purple yarn with Peruvian dogs marching around it.

I love my Blackberry and my laptop, but I'm not very proficient with electronic devices beyond the basics. I own 2 pairs of Crocs. I love quirky accessories like the hats, but I'm more drawn to the handmade variety. A lady from my church made me a scarf last year and it's one of my faves.

1. i have a love for food. i cook everything from scratch..and i'm always trying different kinds of food lebanese, greek, japan, you name it
2. i like to travel (but wish i could do more of it), i love to explore new things in different places

I cook as much as I can from scratch, but I stick to down home comfort foods mostly. I made a mean pot of chicken and dumplings just the other night. A friend of mine asked me how I made it and I told her it all starts with an organic chicken and a pot of water. I think I lost her at that point. :giggle:
I also love to travel, but don't get to do it much. I've never even been out of the country. I have gone to NYC the last 2 years with some girl friends. That's practically like a different universe when coming from south Alabama!

Not a big animal fan per se, but I do think they should be respected.

Swarovski jewelry is gorgeous, but WAAAAAAAY outta my budget.

I LOVE fun hats. Especially warm ones since I have no hair, and am usually cold. I home school my kids, love to run, play guitar,shoot, unicycle, read, work with kids, eat good chocolate , play games, and spend time with my friends.

:wave:I'm also very involved in holistic health/organics for both humans and two dogs in household; am familiar with CAM which includes a variety of modalities involving energy and body work. While I don't personally "do" body work for others, I've read about different aspects of these things. I meditate and feel energies. Hubby and I have been part of a CSA and I'm a co-op owner <member - health food store>. I love farmer's markets and get most of my produce there in the Summer.

I also love to travel but so far as internationally have only been to Canada. I have traveled extensively in the U.S.

not into clothes, jewelry, shoes or anything like that.

work out extensively, love martial arts and Zumba

dog trainer-

7. I love to learn and research about lots of stuff. .

:

I like dogs.

1. i have a love for food.
4. i have two cats and wish i could adopt more animals. (I have 2 dogs, and LOVE animals)

I also love to travel

Thing's I have in common with the above are in the quote's

1.) I love car's, I am absolutely fascinated with anything with an engine and wheels (motorcycles, cars, planes, trains, etc)

2.) I love my dogs

3.) I enjoy technology (computers, games, cell phones, etc, etc)

4.) I thoroughly enjoy traveling (love going to big cities and just walking around for hours and seeing different stuff, most recently spent a week in Chicago and had a blast)

I been a caregiver to two dogs , nursing one back to health, I was a health aide for 9 years and enjoyed doing that,
I can hear as long as I wear a HA.
I love animals, and natures and love to take walks in the woods with my dogs
I love to read and keep up with the current events .
I am being paged by my dog , he want me to play with him!!

Hi! So funny to find you on here I am in your ASL class this term. I am also trying to meet people in the deaf community because I figure thats the best way to really learn the most ASL

Lol good I'm not the only one!

I covered my iPod touch with swarovski flat backs

And to talk about swarovskis... I have cases and cases of their stuff... Not sure what I'm going to do with them.

I like dogs.

i have been noticing these hats more and more, especially in stores like Newbury Comic and Spencer's. i think they're cute. i don't have any but would love to buy one- like leopard, tiger, or fox

Back