What do Vegetarian eat on Thanksgiving Day?

Deafilmedia

Reaction score
Since they won't eat Turkey or Ham.

Do they eat cranberry jellies, stuffing without chicken stock, sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie with no eggs in it? Green beans casserole?

Do Vegetarians feel left out on Thanksgiving Day?

Pek1?

Anybody?

Nope. I believe we eat a turkey or pig for Thanksgiving is kinda rude to the turkeys or pigs, it's like "Thank you, turkeys and pigs, for letting us eat you!". I know it might sounds funny, but to me, it's kinda of ridicilious.

Do they eat cranberry jellies, stuffing without chicken stock, sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie with no eggs in it? Green beans casserole?

Yes. I am crazy about the smashed potatoes and gravy, also don't forget there is some of vegetarians who ate the eggs, there is varies kinds of vegetarians.

Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian- a person who don't eat meats, but eat eggs and diary.

Lacto Vegetarian- a person who don't eat meats and eggs, but eat diary.

Ovo Vegetarian- a person who don't eat meats and diary, but eat eggs.

Vegan- a person who ONLY eat anything that are not meat.

Fruitarian- a person who only eat anything that does not hurt the plants or any living objects.

I know there is more, but that's all I can think of.

For just not eat the meats? Nah I don't feel that way ;)

There is a Tofurky, a "turkey" made entirely of tofu. Vegetarians can and do eat eggs, diary because it doesn't involved killing animals to get those. Some do eat fish but I don't. Vegans don't eat eggs, diary and fish. There are plenty of dishes that we can use. Subscribe to a vegetarian magazine and you will be surprised at the recipes. I won't be surprised if you found some new favorites.

There is a Tofurky, a "turkey" made entirely of tofu. Vegetarians can and do eat eggs, diary because it doesn't involved killing animals to get those. Some do eat fish but I don't. Vegans don't eat eggs, diary and fish. There are plenty of dishes that we can use. Subscribe to a vegetarian magazine and you will be surprised at the recipes. I won't be surprised if you found some new favorites.

Tofurky? I guess I am going to try that! :)

Nope. I believe we eat a turkey or pig for Thanksgiving is kinda rude to the turkeys or pigs, it's like "Thank you, turkeys and pigs, for letting us eat you!". I know it might sounds funny, but to me, it's kinda of ridicilious.

It's more like, thank to Indian for taught us to plant corn with fish under ground to make corn so yummy. And thank for be union as team or family. :cool:

oh wait... does veg wouldn't eat corn if been grow with fish? Hmm... That gonna be interest question. heh

It's more like, thank to Indian for taught us to plant corn with fish under ground to make corn so yummy. And thank for be union as team or family. :cool:

Corns are wonderful, I would be thankful if they offer the corn that does not hurt any of living objects :)

oh wait... does veg wouldn't eat corn if been grow with fish? Hmm... That gonna be interest question. heh

Well we will have to look at the back on the corn's bag to make sure it wasn't! ;)

well it is easy... if living with a Vegetarian partner or family member....

Just cook everything veggies and bowl of cranberry sauce.

And cook tofurkey for vegetarian person and turkey for me.

And make homemade Sweet Potato Pie or Pumpkin Pie without eggs and dairy.

Depend on how the vegetarians and carnivores will compromise.

that sounds really lame to have thanksgiving without turkey or ham. I can't live without them. That's my opinion, anyhow. I doubt tofurkey taste as good as real turkey. I love the juicy turkey as long it's cooked right. :)

my evil plan is, blend turkey into look like muffin and have them eat it without realize there is meat. BWHAHAHAHA

Do they eat cranberry jellies,
Yes

stuffing without chicken stock,
Yes

sweet potato pie
Just sweet potatoes and not pie.

or pumpkin pie with no eggs in it?
Yes

Green beans casserole?
No. Just green beans and not casserole. And other pie and spinach casserole with carrots = my favorite.

Not me. I really like Thanksgiving with my family and dogs.

well it is easy... if living with a Vegetarian partner or family member....

Just cook everything veggies and bowl of cranberry sauce.

And cook tofurkey for vegetarian person and turkey for me.

And make homemade Sweet Potato Pie or Pumpkin Pie without eggs and dairy.

Depend on how the vegetarians and carnivores will compromise.

I don't care about turkey and don't need tofurkey (I ate tofurkey once - it was ok but veggies are better). Everyone eats turkey but I eat enough without turkey so no problems. I eat dairy also for the calcium - and the ice cream! :laugh2:

I don't care about turkey and don't need tofurkey (I ate tofurkey once - it was ok but veggies are better). Everyone eats turkey but I eat enough without turkey so no problems. I eat dairy also for the calcium - and the ice cream! :laugh2:

do you eat cakes with ice cream?

Can you stand it when somebody eat meat? Do you find that disgusting?

If you have kids, would you feed them meat? Or what?

I can stand it when somebody eats meat. I don't find that digusting. And I eat cake with ice cream because I eat dairy - not a vegan (no meat AND no dairy) and just a vegetarian (just no meat). I replied to your parenting thread.

I can stand it when somebody eats meat. I don't find that digusting. And I eat cake with ice cream because I eat dairy - not a vegan (no meat AND no dairy) and just a vegetarian (just no meat). I replied to your parenting thread.

there is egg in ice cream. that's still meat in there, isn't it?

there is egg in ice cream. that's still meat in there, isn't it?

Kaitin just said vegetarian which does eat dairy like milk, cheese, eggs. Vegans don't eat any diary nor eggs.

You don't kill the hen to get an egg, right? That is why vegetarians can eat eggs and diary. Some do eat fish but I don't because I have always hate fish.

Can you stand it when somebody eat meat? Do you find that disgusting?

If you have kids, would you feed them meat? Or what?

Good questions. Sometimes I do find it disgusting if a person eats meat. Only if they are ignorant about diet and overweight..

I would let my children eat meat. But I would make sure they are educated about nutrition. The pros and cons of EVERYTHING.

Like EVERY rightful parent should.

I don't eat any animal products (basically vegan) but I do use honey on occasion which most vegans don't (I don't consider a bug an animal, and I'm not eating the bee anyway, although I get that honey has bee byproducts in it---it has health benefits though).

Anyway, for Thanksgiving I get out the roasting pan so there's all the fanfare around the big main course---then I fill it with a huge gorgeous stuffing in the middle with all the vegetables (potatoes, carrot, onions, tons of garlic, lots of parsley, etc.) in it---sometimes I'll add a layer of the vegan turkey (I like Tofurkey slices---I'm not into the tofurkey itself), then bake that with sage and the whole bit.

I make sweet potatoes as a dish unto itself and brussels sprouts (NEVER overcook 'em or they get gross).

I make a gravy out of pureed garlic, onion, and white bean with a typical roux (olive oil and a bit of flour) with veg broth as the deglazing agent. It's yummy.

We do cranberry sauce, salad, big loaf of garlic bread (lightly olive-oiled, no butter) and pumpkin pie for dessert.

I haven't eaten the traditional turkey dinner for 16 years and I sure don't miss feeling like I'm gonna die after eating the full-fat gravy and the turkey, etc. Now holiday meals are fun, and pretty filling, but you don't want to go to sleep after.

Back