What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I learned?

Discovered the famous 'humpbot' in YouTube which reminds me of somebody who will respond to anything and gets excited too easily over any objects in front of it.

That these things are named Giant Isopods.

Not a photoshop..
isopod_450-1.jpg

giantisopods_doritos1.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeOSXtBCY30[/ame]

What I learned?

Discovered the famous 'humpbot' in YouTube which reminds me of somebody who will respond to anything and gets excited too easily over any objects in front of it.

I like it how he did a slap

I learned that giant isopod is like a giant bedbug

Japanese Sea Monster... My god, cannot believe these things...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcodzcCFJ28&NR=1]YouTube - Japan sea monster[/ame]

Yeah I figured. I larrrrrrrrrrrrv ice cream like no other.

Still wouldnt drop $50 to ship some ice cream.. :P

I think I'd drop $50 to get smoked salmon. It's my favorite fish! I plan to get some frozen ones to see how they are today. I love country ham but there's no way to eat it all. If I were to hold a big party, this is what I'd get and I'd use tons of brown sugar and cloves on it. :drool: It's worth every penny, believe me!

I think I'd drop $50 to get smoked salmon. It's my favorite fish! I plan to get some frozen ones to see how they are today. I love country ham but there's no way to eat it all. If I were to hold a big party, this is what I'd get and I'd use tons of brown sugar and cloves on it. :drool: It's worth every penny, believe me!

I don't think you meant getting it but they don't freeze smoked salmon, do they?

Preservation?

Prevention of bacterial growth?

Who knows....

people have done stranger things...lol

Oic, why is freezing SMOKED anything necessary?

:hmm: Smoked doesn't mean it is like beef jerky which is really dried.

There is moisture in smoked salmon and it can mold and rot.

So if you don't live in a metropolitan area with a kosher deli and you need it shipped to you, freezing is probably better than nothing.

Preservation?

Prevention of bacterial growth?

Who knows....

people have done stranger things...lol

Haha, yeah but I thought smoked was preservation itself, lol. Maybe I was thinking about smoked AND dried. At minimum, I'd put it in tins and keep in a cool dark place. Freezing sure wouldn't hurt but I was wondering why.....

So if you don't live in a metropolitan area with a kosher deli and you need it shipped to you, freezing is probably better than nothing.

Oic now, Botti--your'e right. Thanks

^^^^ That is what I learned today!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back