What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed! Medicare doesn't cover dentist which is crazy! Teeth are the door to your health!

I have no insurance and a simple cleaning costs me $170! Ridiculous.

Oh no! I have medicare. I hope they accept this insurance.

Unfortunately a lot people can't afford to go to the dentists today, I see a lot of older people that work in stores like K Mart ,Shaw's and MB missing at least 2 or 3 front teeth . It cost so damn much to see a dentist if you have no dental coverage.
Yes, it is hard. We don't have any dental insurance. We have to pay cash for all our dental work.

Agreed! Medicare doesn't cover dentist which is crazy! Teeth are the door to your health!

We get our cleanings done for $25 at the dental hygienist school. They do excellent work. We can also get X-rays done there for $25.

Also ask about senior discounts, cash discounts, and dental schools. Also, any prescriptions we get we ask the dentist to write out then we take them to the drug store. Our Tricare medical insurance does cover the pain and antibiotic prescriptions even though they are for dental reasons. Maybe you can do that with Medicare. :dunno:

Also ask about senior discounts, cash discounts, and dental schools.

Cash discount worked. I did ask for that last time and they did give it to me. A measly $5.00 off. LOL.

I'll look into dental schools. Depends how far that is from me.

Look for a college or university with a dental department
Students will do the work for cheAper

Do believe...(as a friend told me)...since you have Medicare...have the Dentist attest that your dental procedure is "medically necessary" to your health....then Medicare will pay the bill.....

A fellow worker went to Mexico and got what would have cost over $7,000 done here in Alaska for just under $3000. I got a chuckle out of the part where he went in for a checkup on his return so his Dentist could have a look at the money he did not make.

Reminds me of one of the neighbors (who absolutely drinks tooooo much). Got into a conversation with her about the Dentist...she showed me 2 teeth that were missing (bottom gum)... and I asked..."did you have them extracted?....She said "No. I pulled the dang things myself!"....I said..."Oh?...how did you do that?"...she said..."I got a bottle of Jim Beam, drank it...and pulled them out with Pliers..."....:shock:...she said at the time she could not afford a dentist....

Believe back in the old days, that's what they did...but THESE days?....

:shock:

i learned that if you have a small SD card that comes from digital cameras as 'junk addition' never throw it away...glad I didn't Had bought a digital camera some 7 years ago it was small 2GB, never used it i just keep it, lying around...thinkiing I might need it for the camera, come the android smartphone i used that instead, still didnt thtow it out(SD card) then last night i read on the on-line manual from Panasonic how to update the firmware, they used SD cards, not SDHD, or XCHD, none of the 'advanced stuff' I looked about, holy crap!, that 'junk' is the exact type i NEED to use, no need to rush out buy one...very glad...to do what i normally do "keep it never know when I might need it" (my motto) and no im not a hoarder, not even boarderline, just when it comes to unusual electronic junk, i DONT THROW it away, bit it phone charger , I keep it,,, helped a freind some 2 months ago she ran out of charge while away (from her home) I had ti somewhere in electronic junk drawer, presto! its there....

so that's what i learned...if some odd or seemingly out of date bits that Might work on something else...keep it...KEEP IT
just store it in a box or a spare drawer or tools shed in box (electronic plugs/card even card reader...

i learned that if you have a small SD card that comes from digital cameras as 'junk addition' never throw it away...glad I didn't Had bought a digital camera some 7 years ago it was small 2GB, never used it i just keep it, lying around...thinkiing I might need it for the camera, come the android smartphone i used that instead, still didnt thtow it out(SD card) then last night i read on the on-line manual from Panasonic how to update the firmware, they used SD cards, not SDHD, or XCHD, none of the 'advanced stuff' I looked about, holy crap!, that 'junk' is the exact type i NEED to use, no need to rush out buy one...very glad...to do what i normally do "keep it never know when I might need it" (my motto) and no im not a hoarder, not even boarderline, just when it comes to unusual electronic junk, i DONT THROW it away, bit it phone charger , I keep it,,, helped a freind some 2 months ago she ran out of charge while away (from her home) I had ti somewhere in electronic junk drawer, presto! its there....

so that's what i learned...if some odd or seemingly out of date bits that Might work on something else...keep it...KEEP IT
just store it in a box or a spare drawer or tools shed in box (electronic plugs/card even card reader...

I bought 10 SD cards 2 or 3 years ago ... one of the black friday specials so I got 5 - 4GB and 5 - 8GB cards since they were $3 - $4 each not counting the 4 SD cards I already had. My cell phones take the microSD though.

Last edited:
Learned that respectyoda is full of bull due to his screenname respect what a joke! He has NO respects for everyone.

:eek2:

what happened?

-----
Smart idea on the sd cards! I have a box FULL of cords, cables, extension cords, adapters and other electronic stuff. :eek:. I just had to go buy a new USB cord for my phone (charging cord) as the one that came with the phone is now frayed badly at the phone business end plug.... I don't know what to do with the cord though. Plug I'm keeping (USB adapter)- hate to toss it into an already overflowing landfill..lol.

I learned what verbose meant. I could think of some people who makes a verbose statement.

learned that I still need to turn in my college transcript and copy of my CPR card for my application to the radiography program. Have until the 19th to get them in, and until the 24th to get my midterm grades in for the pre-requisite classes I need for the program and am currently taking. ew, midterms after spring break. why can't we do midterms BEFORE spring break, then we can enjoy spring break without worrying about midterms!

Have you tried going to a dental school? It's a lot cheaper.

A bad tooth can cause an earache or a heart attack. If you get x-rays that could cost $200 or more . I have some dental coverage from Mass Health but I had only it used 3 times . The last Mass Health dentist did a horrible job in cleaning my teeth so I pay out of my pocket and go every 6 months so it cost a lot . I been lucky and had not needed as filling in years but I my have to replace some as they're old. I used to go Tuft dental school in Boston and I had a very cute student working on my teeth. I was very flirty with the guy :naughty: . I needed a needle and the student had something behind his back and I took a peep and next thing I knew was waking up with a wet paper towel on my forehead and saw as bunch of people standing in front of me . I asked what happen I was told I had passed out when I saw the needle . I did not feel so flirty after that.
It does cost a lot going to Tuft dental school but not anymore. You could try checking out some dental schools and see if they do dental work on the public .

Today, I learned of a simple way of using CSS to change the color of the default black bullets for a list. I liked using the list-style-image attribute, but I learned that I can use the :before selector for the list item. Awesome!

This week TCS had to pay $210 for his panoramic X-ray and exam. His extraction Monday will be $220. His medications (antibiotics and painkillers) were $5 each (Tricare prescriptions). We don't know yet what the cost will be for either a bridge or implant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back