What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I've been missing out with VRS all these years!! (great with VCO on my PC!)

Tried ZVRS today (for a doc appointment and later discussing a potential job). still debating on if I should go for the Sorenson number (still no reply to my application well unless I call Customer Service- I don't do well with any CS except in written form lol)

That I've been missing out with VRS all these years!! (great with VCO on my PC!)

Tried ZVRS today (for a doc appointment and later discussing a potential job). still debating on if I should go for the Sorenson number (still no reply to my application well unless I call Customer Service- I don't do well with any CS except in written form lol)

My friend-- you need to CALL them. They themselves told me that those who follow up immediately after applying for a number get approved quicker. I've done this several times for friends who have applied for ntouch PC or ntouch mobile, and it's not hard to do. Easy, really.

I learned something about my ex - boyfriend it's not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I learned that my cholesterol is too high, my calcium level is too high, and my potassium is too low. :(

I learned I have more foods that I am not supposed to eat due to health issues.

To not try to fix ingrown toenails on my own. :Oops:

I do my own, but I must not be doing it right as I keep having to do it. I also have crossed toes which causes toenails to not grown straight.

Yes, that was little TMI and I apologize.

I do my own, but I must not be doing it right as I keep having to do it. I also have crossed toes which causes toenails to not grown straight.

Yes, that was little TMI and I apologize.

I googled that. :eek3: Another good reason not to wear high heeled shoes.

I made the mistake of following an online video which just made the situation worse. What I found out from a podiatrist is that I should soak my feet several times a day and put a bit of cotton underneath the part that is growing in.

EDIT: I learned that water boiled in the microwave can explode and that you should always put a wooden skewer in the water.

I googled that. :eek3: Another good reason not to wear high heeled shoes.

I made the mistake of following an online video which just made the situation worse. What I found out from a podiatrist is that I should soak my feet several times a day and put a bit of cotton underneath the part that is growing in.

EDIT: I learned that water boiled in the microwave can explode and that you should always put a wooden skewer in the water.

Speaking of water blowing up in microwaves-- we nearly blew up a microwave cooking dinner (one of my housemates was making it-- I was on Z5 discussing something when this happened), and I saw popping, like fireworks, and I immediately told my housemate to cease using the microwave, and he asked why, and I showed him. We have since gotten a new microwave, and the old one was either recycled or tossed. If I had not caught that when I did, pretty good chance I wouldn't be sitting here telling the story.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

Speaking of water blowing up in microwaves-- we nearly blew up a microwave cooking dinner (one of my housemates was making it-- I was on Z5 discussing something when this happened), and I saw popping, like fireworks, and I immediately told my housemate to cease using the microwave, and he asked why, and I showed him. We have since gotten a new microwave, and the old one was either recycled or tossed. If I had not caught that when I did, pretty good chance I wouldn't be sitting here telling the story.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

Seriously, is there any freaking thing that happens to you in your life that if it would have allowed to have played out you "might not have been here telling the story?!!" Good dear god, you over-exaggerate on EVERYTHING don't you? Even placing aluminum foil in a microwave will create sparks and some disturbances... maybe cause a fire, but it wouldn't have KILLED you! There is nothing in a microwave mechanically that can cause it to EXPLODE, only things you microwave can really blow up and that's what the door to protect you is for... :roll: Even things you microwave that could cause harm would be grapes, CD's and things you just don't microwave anyway unless you're curious or a dumbass... maybe both... Seriously, a microwave wouldn't have killed you and made you not be standing here today to tell the story you IDIOT! STOP THINKING EVERYTHING COULD HAVE KILLED YOU!!!

medium_duncecap.jpg

OMG!!! I walked my dog in the storm!! I could have been killed!!! There was rain coming down and trees blowing. I better count the hairs on my head to make sure they are all there.

**okay - I am fine now.

OMG!!! I walked my dog in the storm!! I could have been killed!!! There was rain coming down and trees blowing. I better count the hairs on my head to make sure they are all there.

**okay - I am fine now.

:lol:

Here is some tmi. I found a permanent solution to ingrown toenails.

My Grandmother had them, my Dad, had them, and then it was my turn. I remembered watching my Grandmother. She was one triple tough little lady. When I was a little boy she showed me the proper way to cut toenails and explained the misery and suffering she had gone through. My Dad as well. So I did what was right from the beginning and they still went bad.

It is hard to beat genetics. Anyway I am going on. A few years ago I was in the podiatrist office going through the pain of another side clipping and I just idly asked say Doc can you just hack these mofo's out and that will be the end of the bs? He said oh yeah no problem.

It is kind of a gory thing not worth watching really. He cut out the three offending toenails and then stuck a cauterizing tool in where the roots were and stirred it back and forth. I was able to walk just fine after a few days. Not once have those toenails bothered me since. It was over.

We do not need toenails at all.

My Grandmother had them, my Dad, had them, and then it was my turn. I remembered watching my Grandmother. She was one triple tough little lady. When I was a little boy she showed me the proper way to cut toenails and explained the misery and suffering she had gone through. My Dad as well. So I did what was right from the beginning and they still went bad.

It is hard to beat genetics. Anyway I am going on. A few years ago I was in the podiatrist office going through the pain of another side clipping and I just idly asked say Doc can you just hack these mofo's out and that will be the end of the bs? He said oh yeah no problem.

It is kind of a gory thing not worth watching really. He cut out the three offending toenails and then stuck a cauterizing tool in where the roots were and stirred it back and forth. I was able to walk just fine after a few days. Not once have those toenails bothered me since. It was over.

My sister had that done to both of her big toes, but I don't think my situation is bad enough to go through that. :Ohno:

We do need toenails, even fingernails as there are two reasons why. They act as protective plate and enhance sensation of the fingertip. The fingertips have several nerve endings in them which allow us to receive volumes of information about the objects we touch. The nails act as a counterforce to the fingertip as it provides even more sensory input when an object is touched.

We do need toenails, even fingernails as there are two reasons why. They act as protective plate and enhance sensation of the fingertip. The fingertips have several nerve endings in them which allow us to receive volumes of information about the objects we touch. The nails act as a counterforce to the fingertip as it provides even more sensory input when an object is touched.

Um, mother had 5 different doctors tell her that her toenail was not needed at all. She had the nails from both big toes removed and we find she need more done as well. MIL will also be having some removed. They want to do mine, but are concerned since I cannot take any pain medication at all.

Um, mother had 5 different doctors tell her that her toenail was not needed at all. She had the nails from both big toes removed and we find she need more done as well. MIL will also be having some removed. They want to do mine, but are concerned since I cannot take any pain medication at all.

I was not talking about any specific person, but generally speaking from a biological standpoint that mankind needs toenails. Even creatures have fingernails and toenails. We were truly fearfully and wonderfully designed. :)

Try filing them down (yes, this will take a few minutes), clipping nails will create sharp edges risking skin injury. Hope that gives you some relief til then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back