What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had totally corgotten today was pi day. Cool. Now what do i do in pi day...

I had totally corgotten today was pi day. Cool. Now what do i do in pi day...

pi you mean irrational number day or apple??
I learn nothing today but if you answer my question then I learn something

irrational number day hope sun was out:)now I learn something to look at google a bit more:)

I not sure if it celebrated here, it maybe I just not heard of it

irrational number day hope sun was out:)now I learn something to look at google a bit more:)

It is a day that doesn't just celebrate any irrational number, but solely PI.

PI when rounded to only two digits after the decimal point is 3.14. March is order 3 in the sequence of months starting with January. Then 14 is obviously the day in March. Thus, why 3/14 is PI day!

what is so funny about PI ≈ 3.14?

It is just my nerdy laugh. It annoys me when people say PI equals 3.14. I have to often tell them that PI does not equal 3.14. It is accurate to say PI is approximately 3.14. :giggle:

PI when rounded to only two digits after the decimal point is 3.14. March is order 3 in the sequence of months starting with January. Then 14 is obviously the day in March. Thus, why 3/14 is PI day!

It is just my nerdy laugh. It annoys me when people say PI equals 3.14. I have to often tell them that PI does not equal 3.14. It is accurate to say PI is approximately 3.14. :giggle:

of course I get it now..Most people here would say 14..3 that why not understood do now...thank god we do date this way as not to sure many would celebrate it

of course I get it now..Most people here would say 14..3 that why not understood do now...thank god we do date this way as not to sure many would celebrate it

One thing I know for sure is that many geeks/nerds are celebrating this day. On one website that sells geeky merchandise, they have dropped prices of some products to $3.14! :giggle:

Oh. Poor you. It's close enough number.

I learned that the State of IL is gonna try and restore dental insurance for adults.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

It was playing dead. I was calling her and she wouldnt move until i put food on tank. (I had been training her to play dead but i thought she had not understood at thing). It tricked me and now she is swimming around and having fun.

It was playing dead. I was calling her and she wouldnt move until i put food on tank. (I had been training her to play dead but i thought she had not understood at thing). It tricked me and now she is swimming around and having fun.

Oh, okay. She must've been bored, and wanted to have fun with you.

Mark

I learned that I need to keep careful maintenance of my wiring for my TV and cable box. My TV lost power, as did my cable box, and turns out that the TV's power cord wasn't fully connected, and my cable box wiring became disconnected, which wasn't supposed to happen, and I have since re-connected it and secured it.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back