What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
800 years today Magna Carter signed...kING John was a bit of bad king all his nobles had to reign him in abit king Richard lion heart his brother he not much cop either spent his time sorting palastine out...not a lot changed..just had add the bits bc americans not up on british history:)

My auto spell check underline misspelled words in red and mices and deers , are showed that way. I know there is 'NO' 'S' at end of these 2 words .

My auto spell check underline misspelled words in red and mices and deers , are showed that way. I know there is 'NO' 'S' at end of these 2 words .

Polices is a word, WDYS, only not the way you use it. It isn't plural for a group of policemen or women. You can use it this way, as a verb......"the group polices themselves in a chaotic situation".

Just a little lesson for the day, thanks to Prof Annie, :giggle:

Last edited:
I think ally cat is smiling now...mine shows misspelling unfortunately my spell checker don't work....I split all my infinatives but hey so did shakesphere

Annie would it be better say 'look them cops they never get anything right'i got thick cockney accent I am told, I tend to spell how it pronounce and spelling well off..i rather lazy on corrections I make terrible assumption people understand me when they don't...I think wdys understand me better now

Well, Caz, I like your cockney accent, but I do puzzle over what you say sometimes. I eventually figure it out. Love you anyway!! :lol:

just ask annie..I have habbit of thinking other people know what I thinking about.You not be the first to say that annie.it a failing on my side I guess bit of arogent

I think ally cat is smiling now...mine shows misspelling unfortunately my spell checker don't work....I split all my infinatives but hey so did shakesphere

I am not even certain what a split infinitive is, although I can spell it.

Not much of a deep thinker here, but really good at things like spelling due to eidetic memory.

You have interesting thoughts that keep it entertaining. :)

to be honest bot nither do I but two most famouse are 'to be or not to be that is the question'the other 'to boldly go where no one gone before'star trek

to be honest bot nither do I but two most famouse are 'to be or not to be that is the question'the other 'to boldly go where no one gone before'star trek

Infinitives are verbs with to in front of it... to jump, to play, to go, to write so on...

To split it You are placing another word nineteen to and the verb...this is generally an adverb...

So the infinitive of to boldly go... is to go... the split comes from adding boldly in between to go....so you have to boldly go...

Hope that makes sense...

Polices is a word, WDYS, only not the way you use it. It isn't plural for a group of policemen or women. You can use it this way, as a verb......"the group polices themselves in a chaotic situation".

Just a little lesson for the day, thanks to Prof Annie, :giggle:

No **** Annie! if you notices I did not say anything about Polices !!! I see we can't use certain words here anymore.

Then does this mean men that are "well endowed " are more likely to be abused .:hmm:

I saw on my local news that the polices are worried the 2 convicted will hijack a car or hold a family hostage to get more money to buy weapons

and kill the whole family . The polices and FBI needs to find these monsters fast!

:hmm:

No worries. My posts weren't directed at you at all.

I learn tonight Roy Orbison would be 80.one of the best and as I just been to elvis and Roy o to see young people enjoy his music meant to how good they were and there music lives on..we deafies front row and acoustics best in country London philomonic reherse there.i never go to music things but husband want company I so enjoyed it.all words of songs up I could feel the beat clear........Anne I thought comment aimed at me I got dreadfull spelling I must admit I bit lazy and not got spell check to rewrite my errors bit of a pain..I can't get paragraph wretched computer alters it when I do it. I find it more comfortable dooing line of full stops se it better..it worse than ever I got prism glasses they driving me nutso

Loved Roy Orbison!..."Only the Lonely" was one of my fav's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back