What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are obsessed with memorial pages that are over 3 months old.

That some jerk posted spam on Mark's memorial page again !

I send an email to the funeral home asking for I to be removed. Some people are so disrespectful ! :mad:

Calvin closed the other page for a reason. If you have a problem with the memorial page, you can email the funeral home, as you did, but it isn't necessary to keep posting it here.

Alleycat then why did you quote me ??? You just posted it again.
What the heck?

What does her quoting you have to do with anything? AlleyCat quoted you because in general that is the polite thing to do when responding to a post- so that other posters know which post she is referring to.

(and that is why I'm quoting you here... as a reference point)

There is no reason to keep coming here to post about the memorial page; it is fine if you want to go visit it every day and keep an eye on it but to continue to comment about it is a little tiresome. A few of us would rather like to move on; none of us are "mean" (as I'm sure you will say) as just about everyone was saddened by the loss. Spam is going to happen on those type pages anyway as the months go by so I'm betting you are going to be doing a lot of reporting unless they close the comments/guest book and/or take it down.

Good grief! You want to start fighting with everyone again.

By the way, you are Jewish? Check the mourning times allowed for a casual acquaintance. It's not this long.

Come on... seriously?!

This forum has nothing to do with that memorial page. Don't bring their problems to this forum as there is nothing AD can do about it. Like AlleyCat said, e-mail to that funeral home to remove it if they can.

Like I said, if there is any update to Mark's situation, send a message to my PM and I will post it in that thread.

This kind of drama is totally unnecessary, you were the one brought it up and AC quoted you. Enough of this please.

Last edited:
I learned something on my iPhone how to use the square.

I learn I need do exercise three times a week eat healthy diet and don't smoke or drink...
what to do live to 100 miserable as sin or die at 70 with smile on my face..these the doc gave me as options.Obviaosly I go for miserable diet 5veg and three mile walk...oh god

I learn I need do exercise three times a week eat healthy diet and don't smoke or drink...
what to do live to 100 miserable as sin or die at 70 with smile on my face..these the doc gave me as options.Obviaosly I go for miserable diet 5veg and three mile walk...oh god
Welcome to the club! :D

Probably you'll end up somewhere in between those two extreme options. :)

The walking's not so bad if you have a good place to do it.

Welcome to the club! :D

Probably you'll end up somewhere in between those two extreme options. :)

The walking's not so bad if you have a good place to do it.

one day invent cream cake that good for you a ciggi that clears the air passage and best exercise be using tv remote..in mean time I got plod on three miles a day eating musali :(

Come on... seriously?!

This forum has nothing to do with that memorial page. Don't bring their problems to this forum as there is nothing AD can do about it. Like AlleyCat said, e-mail to that funeral home to remove it if they can.

Like I said, if there is any update to Mark's situation, send a message to my PM and I will post it in that thread.

This kind of drama is totally unnecessary, you were the one brought it up and AC quoted you. Enough of this please.

I forgot what you said about PM you . People do forgot things . and I really did not think I was doing anything wrong ,as that is what I learned that day .

one day invent cream cake that good for you a ciggi that clears the air passage and best exercise be using tv remote..in mean time I got plod on three miles a day eating musali :(
I'll vote for that cream cake. :giggle:

My MIL was a heavy smoker for years. Once, when my daughter was little, she asked her grandma why she smoked. Grandma told her, "Because it's good for you!" :eek3:

What kind of muesli do you eat? I alternate between oatmeal (doctor's suggested breakfast) and muesli cereal, with 0%-fat milk (had to get used to that--I grew up on whole milk).

Many years ago, cigarette smoking was recommended for asthmatics. I am almost 14 years an ex smoker, but it's awfully hard to quit.

Many years ago, cigarette smoking was recommended for asthmatics. I am almost 14 years an ex smoker, but it's awfully hard to quit.
It is...

I know of several ex smokers who have quit between 1 year and at least 30 years who say they still crave a cigarette every now and then. Some have even mentioned having very vivid dreams of smoking and thinking they are actually doing so until they wake up. Dad was able to quit cold turkey but one of my aunts had a difficult time- she quit numerous times only to go back to it. This last time she finally quit for good-- I think it's been about 10 years now.

I just learned that Tom and Jerry killed themselves in the final episode. :(

I just received the invitation to the first out of state wedding we are going to. I'm kind of ticked off because it states "black tie". We just bought two new suits for my husband. I think when you send out the save the date cards it should let people know then if it is formal or not.

I got a save the date for a wedding and it did not say it was a formal wedding. I agree it should had

Learned once again...that there are some nice people on this Planet....put a smile on my yapper after spending 4 hours at the car repair shop...:giggle:..."No charge" they said....stopped by the convenience store to get gas and a soda...Lady caught me looking at the car refresheners (new items) on the counter...told me to take my pick at no charge...."whaaa"? Thanks!...
Gonna return the favors and take a friend to my computer tech to check out her PC..."No charge"...

I got a save the date for a wedding and it did not say it was a formal wedding. I agree it should had

The actual invitation should have stated that it was formal, I agree with Angel.

A "save the date" is an informal notice for people to plan ahead on their calendar and doesn't necessarily need to say at that time that it's a formal wedding. Most real (the actual) invitations are mailed out about 6 weeks ahead; that would have been more than enough time to get formal wear. So yes, Angel's actual invitation she received should've said that, but the save-the-date? No.

Edit: I just saw what Angel said about already having bought 2 suits. I can see the point now. I guess all save-the-dates I get are "fun" and "funky" and merely say "Save the Date!" and not much other info. Maybe it's different around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back