What did you learn today? Part II

I've learned that teenagers and pre-teenagers....tax my patience thread bare....when I think I'm on my last nerve...I go to a cornor and mediate....

Got bad news when swimming today> No single.deaf cougars for Chonni Silue! Couldn't use Fingerspelling either.
I was the only one in the pool.
Achieved one goal- a hot 5 laps for Bottesini under the eye of the lifeguards-making sure I didn't drown. Nice to know. Pays to be early-sometimes!

:rofl:

Oh boy!...gonna have a very sluggish day....maybe the boss will let you leave a litle earlier....my son and I have a cough also and congestion. Woke up this AM with it again. Seems Mucinex-DM isn't doing much for it. Bought some coug drops yesterday.

Boss? I don't have a boss <grin> After Few hours at work, I decided to go back home.. my brain is not functional at all!! When I got home, I just dive to my softy comfy beautiful bed... and slept till 3 PM.

That snarky and sharky are two different words, different in spelling, yet so similar in meaning.

I learned that my son is burning some of his school work in the wood stove.

if I were 50 years old, that would be year 2031. I'm sure at that time, it would be so advanced that tooth extraction would be considered barbarous :lol:

I'm reminded by this scene in old movie - Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home where Dr. McCoy was wearing surgical garb at hospital, passing by this dying old man. He asked him - what's the matter with you?

Old Man said - "kidney dialysis..." and McCoy took a look at his chart and exclaimed - "my god... what is this? Dark Age? Here (giving him a white pill). You swallow that and if you have any more problems, just call me!"

If you don't need to get the tooth extracted, don't worry about it.

I've done that before! :D

But I bet you weren't home-schooled! It makes no sense. I just give the same work again. It's not like Mom the Mom doesn't know what Mom the Teacher told him to do.
13 year old boys.:roll:

But I bet you weren't home-schooled! It makes no sense. I just give the same work again. It's not like Mom the Mom doesn't know what Mom the Teacher told him to do.
13 year old boys.:roll:

No home schooling for me.

I learned today....that my Mother (now deceased), only had a 5th grade education!....also "heard" but not "learned and skeptical" of believing....that back in the 50's-60's...no one sued for "malpractice"....:hmm:

I learned today....that my Mother (now deceased), only had a 5th grade education!....also "heard" but not "learned and skeptical" of believing....that back in the 50's-60's...no one sued for "malpractice"....:hmm:

Which is why insurance & medical care is so high these days? I'm not against sueing for legitimate malpractice, but there needs to be limits/ceilings on the payout of these suits.

Which is why insurance & medical care is so high these days? I'm not against sueing for legitimate malpractice, but there needs to be limits/ceilings on the payout of these suits.

It's kind of hard to put a price on human life. But I know what you mean.

Back