What did you learn today? Part II

I've known for a long time that I talk in my sleep when I go to bed really tired. My fiance has informed me that the past few days I've started signing in my sleep :giggle:

I've known for a long time that I talk in my sleep when I go to bed really tired. My fiance has informed me that the past few days I've started signing in my sleep :giggle:

Well if he squeezes your big toe and asks you questions in ASL - would you be able to respond with your eyes shut? :lol: I'm told if someone is talking in their sleep you can squeeze their big toe and ask them questions and they will respond truthfully.:giggle:

Well if he squeezes your big toe and asks you questions in ASL - would you be able to respond with your eyes shut? :lol: I'm told if someone is talking in their sleep you can squeeze their big toe and ask them questions and they will respond truthfully.:giggle:
:laugh2:

I just discovered last week that the church I attend will have sign language interpretation. It will be TSL (Thai Sign Language) but no matter. Yesterday I also discovered some Thai Sign Language Lessons videos on YouTube. I am learning some TSL signs for Sunday. I will finally be able to meet some Deaf people here where I am. :happy:

I just learned that "dragonman" is a former member here. Wonders never cease.

Hope "he" has recovered from caffeine addiction through a secret technique-don't buy caffeined pop! Can't drink if none around! Round on the house over that discovery! Cheers

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I learned that in CA they charge sales tax on the full price of the vehicle and do not deduct the trade in first. That is insane....and double taxation. Also the tax is 9.5% :shock:

^^^ Huh. Time to go car shopping in another state, hm? :)

Yup.....luckily I still own property in Tx. I will fly there to buy my Prius. Savings of $3500. Even after airfare and paying an unemployed friend to drive it here I will save $2000.

Probably illegal. Washington residents can't buy a vehicle in Oregon to beat the sales tax.

Yes, but I did know (as TXGolfer said) that he hailed from TX and still owned a home there. So legally he's still a resident there.

Yes, but I did know (as TXGolfer said) that he hailed from TX and still owned a home there. So legally he's still a resident there.
Maybe. States don't like tax loopholes. They may want to know his primary residence state.

I just learned I may be able to meet up with a girl of my dream in Florida... just maybe.... :)

I learned that we have idiots for weathermen here in Arkansas. They kept saying that Subiaco was between Paris and Havana. Uhm no - the last time I checked it was between Paris and Midway which is about a 45 mile difference and on a completely different highway. They also kept calling Perry County Yell County.

I learned that in CA they charge sales tax on the full price of the vehicle and do not deduct the trade in first. That is insane....and double taxation. Also the tax is 9.5% :shock:

That's crazy. Good thing you could purchase it in TX.

Does it make you wonder if it's worth living in CA? :lol:

That's crazy. Good thing you could purchase it in TX.

Does it make you wonder if it's worth living in CA? :lol:

There is no way in the world I would live here if I had to work and pay these taxes. Most of the taxes miss me now. It is amazing this state is in such a financial hole with the amount it taxes.

But the scenery and weather are great and free. Hard to put a price on that.

Maybe. States don't like tax loopholes. They may want to know his primary residence state.

Loopholes, shoopholes. I don't ass-u-me if I can help it. After 5,000 posts, I know many of my fellow posters here.

(And he followed up with a confirmation.)

Back