What did you learn today? Part II

did you address to Pastor about this?

He will not speak with me since I can't hear him. I am unable to read his lips and he refuses to have anything to do with pen and paper or notepad on the netbook. He is the reason I quit going to church.

He will not speak with me since I can't hear him. I am unable to read his lips and he refuses to have anything to do with pen and paper or notepad on the netbook. He is the reason I quit going to church.

I see....

His behaviour makes him sound like a very classy and highly ethical person. I assume there are circumstances preventing you from disassociating both yourself and your family from him and other similar people?

His behaviour makes him sound like a very classy and highly ethical person. I assume there are circumstances preventing you from disassociating both yourself and your family from him and other similar people?

MIL and hubby like him a lot. He has been with this local church for 32 years and that's 25 too long according to church standards for the Church of God based out of Cleveland TN. He thinks he knows all about everything, but doesn't really. The worst of it is, he is now wearing 2 hearing aids himself, but he still claims I am faking my hearing loss, or I haven't prayed and asked for forgiveness enough. Sorry, that's not what I believe and not how I was raised. My kids do not like him and have refused to go to his church, my mother has never liked him and the only time she was at his church was my wedding.

but he still claims I am faking my hearing loss, or I haven't prayed and asked for forgiveness enough.

lol oh such people especially in this 21st century.... I would love to meet those kind of people :)

MIL and hubby like him a lot. He has been with this local church for 32 years and that's 25 too long according to church standards for the Church of God based out of Cleveland TN. He thinks he knows all about everything, but doesn't really. The worst of it is, he is now wearing 2 hearing aids himself, but he still claims I am faking my hearing loss, or I haven't prayed and asked for forgiveness enough. Sorry, that's not what I believe and not how I was raised. My kids do not like him and have refused to go to his church, my mother has never liked him and the only time she was at his church was my wedding.

Had a preacher, tell me I did not have enought faith. Which is why I was not healed. I was just a kid at the time.

I obviously don't know all the details of your situation, but in that case, I'd just let your children know that he is not a person who deserves their respect and that it is okay to ignore him and/or hang up on him if he calls.

Assuming your husband knows your opinion of him, he should respect you enough not to bring this other person into your life, as well as not forcing him into the lives of your children. If not, there are deeper issues there.

Same goes your your in-laws, though the way you've spoken, it doesn't sound like she has any respect for you, either. Could just be me, but people like that have no place in my life.

Had a preacher, tell me I did not have enought faith. Which is why I was not healed. I was just a kid at the time.

Kick him in the balls. Tell him he didn't have enough faith for God to stop you from kicking him in the balls. Then walk away. :giggle:

Alternate church. It is hard to imagine not being able to find a better pastor.

Alternate church. It is hard to imagine not being able to find a better pastor.

She doesn't have control over what church her husband and in-laws choose to go to, which is who is keeping this moron in her life.

She doesn't have control over what church her husband and in-laws choose to go to, which is who is keeping this moron in her life.

Hubby takes MIL to church. I stay home with my mother and kids stay home as well. There are no other churches I am able to attend and follow and I cannot leave my mother home alone. I could leave her with the kids, but that's another story. (My mother has cirrhosis of the liver and dementia) When we move back to Missouri, we will be going back to the church we went to there. Daughter will stay home with mother as daughter does not do well having to sit through church. I do attend an online bible study stuff like that, so all is not lost.

I wouldn't have anything to do with the Pastor's wife either because I'm no longer associated with that church. Also I have found that many Pastors and their spouses talk about the conversations that go on in the pastor's office - even if confidentiality was promised.

That's why I am so reluctant to seek 'spiritual counseling' with any of the pastors at my church. I found this out the hard way some time ago. It wasn't a bad fall out but I just don't trust these people even with the last time I had a bowel movement.

I've also found it's worse in the south when a pastor has been at a church for decades. It's just a Southern thing - gossip.

I learned that plants and flowers really do grow in the direction of the sun. I had to rotate mine yesterday otherwise I wouldve had pretty funny looking flowers!

2 things I learned today so far, 1: I have to find a new place for one of my plants. Tinkerbell has decided to try and nibble on the leaves and it's poisonous to cats (Philodendron). It's the last plant I have from my father and he died in 1991. Also, 2: I learned that hubby really wants to move back to Columbia, MO and may have a lead on 2 different jobs there. If we go there, I have to hope he can find housing we can afford.

i have gotten that same message on my facebook page when you were around they didn;t need you and now all the sudden want to be friends what's up with that.?

I learned that my phone is about to crater on me as it's been doing stupid things all morning. I charged it last night before I went to bed. This morning it said "Charge complete" so I unplug it and it's only half charged. UGH. Good thing it's just three weeks until my upgrade. I was going to sell my current phone to a friend that's been wanting it but if it's about to crater I may just give it back to Verizon for a *small* discount on my upgrade. They can refurbish it.

I learned that my phone is about to crater on me as it's been doing stupid things all morning. I charged it last night before I went to bed. This morning it said "Charge complete" so I unplug it and it's only half charged. UGH. Good thing it's just three weeks until my upgrade. I was going to sell my current phone to a friend that's been wanting it but if it's about to crater I may just give it back to Verizon for a *small* discount on my upgrade. They can refurbish it.
May be just the battery. Reba posted something similar recently.

Back