What did you learn today? Part II

That I may, after all, become legal guardian of my daughter's friend. Her friend (16) moved in with us last fall in anticipation of her mother moving out of state (and the friend wanting to graduate from her HS). Well, mother hasn't moved except out of her house into her current boyfriend's house recently. I only know what I hear from my daughter and her friend, but things are definitely not stable as far as her mom goes. Found out today that her mom is giving up custody of both her daughter and her son. I think they said the son will go live with his grandfather. Now I'm waiting to hear what I need to do and when the court hearing is. Then I think I need to file for the child support payments to come to me rather than to the mom....who has only spent some of it on her daughter over the last 8 months. I will only use the child support money to pay for things directly for the girl and put the rest into "savings" and if there's any left when she's 18, I will give it to her. I'm doing basically the same thing with the Social Security money my daughter is getting each month (using it to pay for "her" car and car insurance).

That I need a check-out. :lol:

I feel like I have been particularly crabby lately, especially on here. And I haven't meant to be. Feeling stressed out with issues with the house, a very sick cat, among other things. I apologize to anyone I have upset here.

That I may, after all, become legal guardian of my daughter's friend. Her friend (16) moved in with us last fall in anticipation of her mother moving out of state (and the friend wanting to graduate from her HS). Well, mother hasn't moved except out of her house into her current boyfriend's house recently. I only know what I hear from my daughter and her friend, but things are definitely not stable as far as her mom goes. Found out today that her mom is giving up custody of both her daughter and her son. I think they said the son will go live with his grandfather. Now I'm waiting to hear what I need to do and when the court hearing is. Then I think I need to file for the child support payments to come to me rather than to the mom....who has only spent some of it on her daughter over the last 8 months. I will only use the child support money to pay for things directly for the girl and put the rest into "savings" and if there's any left when she's 18, I will give it to her. I'm doing basically the same thing with the Social Security money my daughter is getting each month (using it to pay for "her" car and car insurance).
It's good you are in a position to do this for the girl. Too bad the mom can't/won't do it.

I feel like I have been particularly crabby lately, especially on here. And I haven't meant to be. Feeling stressed out with issues with the house, a very sick cat, among other things. I apologize to anyone I have upset here.

Hopefully your cat will get better soon. Lots of people have been a bit grumpy lately.

Your friend in fury! :wave:

It happens to us all. No love lost here.

*hugs* Hope all is good.

ps: you never upset me, not even close at all.

It happens to us all. No love lost here.

*hugs* Hope all is good.

ps: you never upset me, not even close at all.

Ditto :hug:

I totally know what you are going through and hope that everything gets better for you.

Hoping Millie (am I right) gets better and stronger. You have not upset me at all and I appreciate a lot of your comments.

It's good you are in a position to do this for the girl. Too bad the mom can't/won't do it.
She's a good kid and is very helpful around the house. She calls me mom. She still sees her mom and does things with her. Not sure what her mom's problems are. Could be bad choices or just bad luck. I'm happy to help...as long as it doesn't cause me legal or financial difficulties.

Miss Delectable and I have learned:

I learned today that when my coworkers made snide remarks about my company "not caring about people anymore", they were referring to the fact that my company's mission statement wasn't "People, Performance, Profits", but merely referenced Performance and Profits, not due to the fact that a VP in the same presentation made disparaging remarks to the effect of saying that breaching the levee walls in Mississippi (or someplace similar) which flooded hundreds of acres of farmland so that a small town protected by the levee wouldn't be flooded was a bad decision since we're going to lose money because of the flooded farmlands.

learned that a gazillion of my family members are graduating this year whether it is from college, high school, preL or 8th grade...I gotta go and buy out a store of graduation cards and break my bank. geez

I have learned that there are freaking MILLIONS of apps on iTunes, and only a few of them grab my attention.

Back