What did you learn today? Part II

Funny things can happen to an interpreter. Situation a hospital discharge , the nurse asked me if I am going home with the deaf patient:lol:

I giggled:giggle: and said, No.

I learned not to keep my hotel key-card near my cell phone.

i learned the gov will be shutting down all Deaf schools in the province next year..and to my former one has closed acceptance of students for 2016.
ie september

That there was a gas leak on a road I use all the time . The city putting in a new water pipe and hit the gas line , it been taken care of but I am glad I avoided that road today and went to another park with my dog. I just got an ER call from the city .

I learned that Hulu won't stream new TV shows for free anymore. $7.99 with commercials and $11.99 without commercials.

It could happen but there's other reasons for potential failure too...
Yeah. I did read the MythBusters article after asking the question to Reba. Very interesting. I think the Hotels are just looking to deflect blame?

What about a magnetic latch on a combination card case / phone case?
That is one possibility, but from one of the articles provided by DD, during a testing..they made sure there was no magnetization within the phone case. And it passed. I actually think, it has a lot to do with hotels using the cheaper cards and readers topped with the hotels re-writing, over-writing the stripes more than allowed. We never hear this issue with debit/credit/gift cards..no?

I learned 3.14159 does not, in fact, mean delicious pie. This is the end of the world as we know it.

I learned that Hulu won't stream new TV shows for free anymore. $7.99 with commercials and $11.99 without commercials.

I didn't realize people used Hulu. I watch everything on the internet free. I guess if you need subtitles it may be hard to find.

I learned that access is an issue. I guess I always knew it was an issue but never really thought about it.

Back