What did you learn today? Part II

I learned that my Amazon Prime order got misdirected. Instead of taking two days, it will take up to seven days. I hate how they use USPS now instead of UPS or FEDEX. I used to be able to depend on two-day delivery.

My order was in Columbia, SC, about 100 miles north of me. So, instead of shipping it down to me, they sent it north of Columbia, about 117 miles, to Concord, NC. Why? Now it has to be reshipped to Columbia, then down to me. Crazy.

This isn't the first time that this happened.

I learned that my Amazon Prime order got misdirected. Instead of taking two days, it will take up to seven days. I hate how they use USPS now instead of UPS or FEDEX. I used to be able to depend on two-day delivery.

My order was in Columbia, SC, about 100 miles north of me. So, instead of shipping it down to me, they sent it north of Columbia, about 117 miles, to Concord, NC. Why? Now it has to be reshipped to Columbia, then down to me. Crazy.

They use cheaper service to use USPS and OnTrac (west coast). Some of my order went through OnTrac and USPS, once a while use UPS or FedEx. Not sure what happened there but sounds like someone misloaded your order to a facility farther away a mistake from postal sorter.

They use cheaper service to use USPS and OnTrac (west coast). Some of my order went through OnTrac and USPS, once a while use UPS or FedEx. Not sure what happened there but sounds like someone misloaded your order to a facility farther away a mistake from postal sorter.
It's aggravating. One of my orders (last year) went from Columbia up to Chicago and back down again. Also, when they come USPS, my mailman stuffs them into the mailbox until I can't pull them out. Even TCS could hardly get them out. (The mailman doesn't want to get out of his vehicle and bring the packages to the front door.)

It's aggravating. One of my orders (last year) went from Columbia up to Chicago and back down again. Also, when they come USPS, my mailman stuffs them into the mailbox until I can't pull them out. Even TCS could hardly get them out. (The mailman doesn't want to get out of his vehicle and bring the packages to the front door.)

I've had that share of problem too, apparently the mailman thinks if it fits the mailbox, he'd stuff it in. In some residence area, the mailboxes is by the front door so the mailman has to walk house to house to deliver the mail. I know how frustrating it is when the order you're waiting for gets misrouted to the wrong facility.

A 2 day delivery normally cost more $$$ so you should get a refund if you paid extra for this service.

I learned this morning it's going to rain all week. We could definitely use it, with still having "new" sod that we just put down last year.

A 2 day delivery normally cost more $$$ so you should get a refund if you paid extra for this service.

No... Amazon Prime has a free 2 day delivery service for any carrier but they use cheaper carrier such as USPS or other cheap carriers to save money. Reba might not to be able to get refund because she is NOT the shipper... but she could talk to Amazon and maybe they might give her credit such as one free month, voucher or something like that.

http://time.com/money/3955429/amazon-prime-late-deliveries/

No... Amazon Prime has a free 2 day delivery service for any carrier but they use cheaper carrier such as USPS or other cheap carriers to save money. Reba might not to be able to get refund because she is NOT the shipper... but she could talk to Amazon and maybe they might give her credit such as one free month, voucher or something like that.

http://time.com/money/3955429/amazon-prime-late-deliveries/
Not many things are free today so I am surprise to hear that this is free. I don't buy online , I like to be able to see what I am going to buy before paying for it.
Most stuff is made so poorly today .

Not many things are free today so I am surprise to hear that this is free. I don't buy online , I like to be able to see what I am going to buy before paying for it.
Does somebody not on her ignore list want to explain to her what Amazon Prime is (it certainly is not free).

This is from the link in Calvin's post, which I guess she did not bother to read.
"Guaranteed two-day delivery is a big promise, and from Amazon.com Inc, it comes with a pretty hefty price tag of $99 a year"

Does somebody not on her ignore list want to explain to her what Amazon Prime is (it certainly is not free).

This is from the link in Calvin's post, which I guess she did not bother to read.
"Guaranteed two-day delivery is a big promise, and from Amazon.com Inc, it comes with a pretty hefty price tag of $99 a year"

I think in this discussion the use of the word "free" is an issue. "At no additional charge" would probable fit better to describe what comes as part of Amazon Prime.

[QUOTE="LoveBlue]"Guaranteed two-day delivery is a big promise, and from Amazon.com Inc, it comes with a pretty hefty price tag of $99 a year"[/QUOTE]

See LB' post... Amazon Prime membership annual fee is $99 that includes free 2 day delivery.

You should check this out the Amazon Prime benefits: https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Prime-One-Year-Membership/dp/B00DBYBNEE

I think in this discussion the use of the word "free" is an issue. "At no additional charge" would probable fit better to describe what comes as part of Amazon Prime.

No. There is a fee for Amazon Prime. WDYS seems to think this is a free service. It's not. There is no additional charge to those who have PAID already for Amazon Prime, but there certainly is for those who don't use that service. Know what you are writing about before you post.

I have no needs to check this out , I said I don't like to buy things on line.

Fine, then don't assume if you don't know the reason behind this from Reba's post. Some of us here are frequent Amazon customer. If you don't buy things online then this doesn't apply to you. Like some of us here said, 2 day delivery is included with the Prime membership so it doesn't cost us more money for a faster delivery. It's the cheap carrier like USPS that causes the delay.

I learnt that tin foil should definitely NOT go in the microwave :giggle:
You are still young! And "hands-on" is the best way to learn. :) I have to tell you this, just to make you feel better: My buddy was drinking and realized his ear mold was too hard. He Popped it in the microwave with the idea to soften it, the HA still attached. Everything....melted....

See LB' post... Amazon Prime membership annual fee is $99 that includes free 2 day delivery.

You should check this out the Amazon Prime benefits: https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Prime-One-Year-Membership/dp/B00DBYBNEE
I have no needs to check this out , I said I don't like to buy things on line.[/QUOTE]
:bowlol: This is actually incredibly funny. No interest, except to start fights.

Think how many more she could start if she didn't have the majority of the board on ignore!!

Back