What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what your friend said - NO DOUBT!

These are not "broad" skill like math/english/communication/history major. it's a good choice. good luck! You may not make much from that field but it's an excellent job security.

So you say I should do it? I know I'll likely have to take an additional biology course with a lab, probably an additional math credit somewhere and probably an internship with a state or federal agency for a semester. I'll look into it and see. I hate to give up my hardwork I've put into English Ed - but with schools consolidating like mad in this state - education may not be a viable option.

I'm just listening to my options and seeing what's out there. The income wouldn't be an issue - I figured up the max salary I could make with USDA using that degree as my promotion point and I would be a GS-12/13 which makes around $75,000/year. This is damn good money for my area by far where the average income is around $30,000.

Yes, stupid shoulder surgery. I had completely torn Labrum and also some rotator cuff issues. Maybe if Im a good boy I'll have my cannon back in a few months. But still, watching all my friends makes it hard to be a spectator right now.

Good luck with the healing....My shoulder (Hurt right before Portland) healed on it's own with therapy. I made a throw a couple of weeks ago and I was like "holy ^%^& did that come out of my hand" so there is hope. My arm has been quite lively this spring. I did take a ball to the face already though.

2day, went 2 work for few hours in early morning. then come home 2 sort out motorbike stuff n some omelette :). went 2 gun shop to sell my gun but changed mind and decided to sell it 2 my bro. went 2 nando's for some munchies. home. watch Brotherhood dvd. dropped dad off pub n returned hired dvds back 2 blockbusters. back home. sucked my mouth into fried scrambled white eggs n vegs. now online here. :)

Today, not a whole heck of a lot. Been lazy reading books.

I got into an argument, I went to the diet clinic, I ate a Butterfinger for dinner.

Now I'm looking at changing my Passover plans for the third time. :/

Oh, and I sewed. And swore a lot.

Worked...what else? Had a minor spat with my hubby this morning plus PMS so I kinda snapped at my students during math class but apologized to them later on. Always have to keep myself in check when it comes to being moody. Went to the gym after work and now, I feel better. :)

Dixie, getting a setback of one semester is NOTHING in terms of your whole life. The more important question is, do you LIKE Animal Husbandry and AgriScience? If so, then go for it! If you're doing it only for the money, think again.

You can make money a lot of places. It's good to keep career potential in mind with any given major, but you have to at least reasonably like what you're doing in order to be happy with a 25 - 30 year or more career.

Also, your work as an English Education major is definitely not wasted. Any job you have, writing skills will set you apart from people who don't write well. And the ability to outline and give an effective presentation, skills that you learn in an education major, is also something that will be useful to you in any career.

Signed: A Communication major with minors in English, Education, and Psychology. It was all worth it.

I kind of think people should go to college at least twice. First for the stuff they wanted to study (a priceless thing to have) and then for what might make them cash (an investment).

Signed,

Polisci/History major turned graduate certified teacher turned aspiring linguist

I'm serious. I fully intend on paying for my son's philosophy/anthropology/women's studies degree. :P

I was lazy reading a good book, with my cat. He was sleeping at the time.

If anyone is interested in looking for a job. Try Care.com or Craigslist.com. Good luck!

Happy Passover Week! :)

Happy Passover Week! :)
demotivational-posters-10.jpg

Also, reading a book is never a lazy thing to do! <3

Dixie, getting a setback of one semester is NOTHING in terms of your whole life. The more important question is, do you LIKE Animal Husbandry and AgriScience? If so, then go for it! If you're doing it only for the money, think again.

You can make money a lot of places. It's good to keep career potential in mind with any given major, but you have to at least reasonably like what you're doing in order to be happy with a 25 - 30 year or more career.

Also, your work as an English Education major is definitely not wasted. Any job you have, writing skills will set you apart from people who don't write well. And the ability to outline and give an effective presentation, skills that you learn in an education major, is also something that will be useful to you in any career.

Signed: A Communication major with minors in English, Education, and Psychology. It was all worth it.

I wouldn't mind AgriScience/Animal Husbandry as long as I'm not the one having to do all of the work for half the pay! :lol: But seems like no matter where I go I end up in some part of the poultry industry. I can safely say I have worked all parts of the process from Evisceration to packout and shipping. My theory is if I am going to be stuck in the poultry industry, I might as well be the one doing half the work for twice the pay! :lol:

I wouldn't mind AgriScience/Animal Husbandry as long as I'm not the one having to do all of the work for half the pay! :lol: But seems like no matter where I go I end up in some part of the poultry industry. I can safely say I have worked all parts of the process from Evisceration to packout and shipping. My theory is if I am going to be stuck in the poultry industry, I might as well be the one doing half the work for twice the pay! :lol:

Yea, why not and poultry will always be in demand.

speaking of chicken, I am eating a chicken sandwich :eek:

Far as I know none of the local poultry processors ship product to Australia. However they do ship to Asia, Russia, and parts of the Middle East as well as all over the United States and Canada.

Far as I know none of the local poultry processors ship product to Australia. However they do ship to Asia, Russia, and parts of the Middle East as well as all over the United States and Canada.
I know that - we get ours locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back