What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah. I'd say you're just bored the *** outta your mind or that your work environment is not conducive to your well-being. It's time for a change of scenery.

Yeah I've been there 3 years 1 month. I'm getting more valuable as time goes on (skill-building), but the unit and its people just seems dysfunctional at times. I know I could secure a better elsewhere easily in the State as I am writing Policies and Procedures for the unit I'm in (it is boring overall though- I relate to nobody at all). I also know quite a bit about computers, which is an amazingly scarce bit of skill that many lack.

For now, I'm going to cruise through until I know whether I want to pursue a more intense programming/planning/design career or go to Fremont School for the Deaf to teach/counsel kids there. Or both. Shrug. It'll pan out.

Black Canvas said:
Just got diagnosed with adult ADHD last Friday actually and already seeing a difference with the meds I just thought all that stuff was due to being blonde and with the caffeine doesn't everyone need a 6pack of pop and 2 cups of coffee to before they feel any sort of effect...

No but seriously started meds Friday and haven't had any caffeine since saturday just don't have any 'cravings' I suppose and already feeling more focused, even set a new record of almost a week without locking my keys in the truck...

Ok sorry I shouldn't be posting at midnight, I will edit if this makes absolutely no sense what so ever...

Makes perfect sense. I think meds would work well for me at this time. Just tired of feeling like my brain is trying to do too much. And no I don't smoke weed cause I'm still holding on to that outside chance of working for the feds. hmm yeah, not looking forward to the caffeine headaches, but that's good news you haven't had those cravings. :)

Took a test, reviewed for the hardest one tomorrow, and cleaned up a flood.

So proud! Go , Dixie!

Yup, I didn't fall off the slats and I didn't have my neck compressed! :lol:

However, usually when I celebrate going a for a bit without an accident, something worse happens, but it's usually done in the stupidest ways.

Yeah I've been there 3 years 1 month. I'm getting more valuable as time goes on (skill-building), but the unit and its people just seems dysfunctional at times. I know I could secure a better elsewhere easily in the State as I am writing Policies and Procedures for the unit I'm in (it is boring overall though- I relate to nobody at all). I also know quite a bit about computers, which is an amazingly scarce bit of skill that many lack.

For now, I'm going to cruise through until I know whether I want to pursue a more intense programming/planning/design career or go to Fremont School for the Deaf to teach/counsel kids there. Or both. Shrug. It'll pan out.

Makes perfect sense. I think meds would work well for me at this time. Just tired of feeling like my brain is trying to do too much. And no I don't smoke weed cause I'm still holding on to that outside chance of working for the feds. hmm yeah, not looking forward to the caffeine headaches, but that's good news you haven't had those cravings. :)

To be honest the crazy part is no headaches went cold turkey, it really just doesn't sound good (caffeine) I have quit many a times, shoot I've tried going until 11am and massive migraines. So, for me at least, it was easy :)

For the first time in my life I can go to sleep without my brain thinking about a zillion things at once, even sat thru an hour long lecture and paid attention to most with out all the effort, So its not like poof all is better but really I have noticed a huge difference!
Ya I don't do drugs either

Drugs are bad for you. I've always felt that going down that proverbial road, you'll go farther and faster than you really wanna go. Once you are gone, you are gone.

Drugs are bad for you. I've always felt that going down that proverbial road, you'll go farther and faster than you really wanna go. Once you are gone, you are gone.

Ya know I normally don't even take tylenol but honestly forgetting my daughters field trip was the last straw, I hate feeling like I have no control over my brain especially with all the other health crap in my life lol

So actually going to the head doc in the first place is not my thing but really I'm glad I did it :)

Ya know I normally don't even take tylenol but honestly forgetting my daughters field trip was the last straw, I hate feeling like I have no control over my brain especially with all the other health crap in my life lol

So actually going to the head doc in the first place is not my thing but really I'm glad I did it :)

Hey, it's ok. I've done something similar. It was the day I was dx as Bi-Polar. I've been off my medication due to lack of insurance and can't afford a $400/month rx, so I just returned to dealing with things the old way. It sucks but at least now I know why I behave the way I do sometimes. We don't have local head docs, I had to go to a GP as walk-in at the clinic.

speaking of head docs, i went to one this morning, and got shots for my headaches so i can have instant relief.

To be honest the crazy part is no headaches went cold turkey, it really just doesn't sound good (caffeine) I have quit many a times, shoot I've tried going until 11am and massive migraines. So, for me at least, it was easy :)

For the first time in my life I can go to sleep without my brain thinking about a zillion things at once, even sat thru an hour long lecture and paid attention to most with out all the effort, So its not like poof all is better but really I have noticed a huge difference!
Ya I don't do drugs either

Can't wait. It'll be nice to get a little relief without resorting to using up vacation time at the moment. It's a critical time for our unit and I'd rather be there and be ready to go (instead of my focus being elsewhere or mentally fatigued) Supervisors want me there and I want a promotion.

I think the biggest step for me is getting over my ego/pride and letting go of the stigma of using medication as a temporary intervention (hopefully). I suspected I needed some help somewhere in my life, but wasn't really sure how the problems/negative outcomes came together (still have to talk to the doc to confirm). I did a lot of research into anxiety-related disorders, however ADHD seems to "fit" or encompass what I've been experiencing. It's not like I'm not capable of having intelligent bursts of awesomeness, it's the moments of sheer "WTF?" events that actually worries me.

Can't wait. It'll be nice to get a little relief without resorting to using up vacation time at the moment. It's a critical time for our unit and I'd rather be there and be ready to go (instead of my focus being elsewhere or mentally fatigued) Supervisors want me there and I want a promotion.

I think the biggest step for me is getting over my ego/pride and letting go of the stigma of using medication as a temporary intervention (hopefully). I suspected I needed some help somewhere in my life, but wasn't really sure how the problems/negative outcomes came together (still have to talk to the doc to confirm). I did a lot of research into anxiety-related disorders, however ADHD seems to "fit" or encompass what I've been experiencing. It's not like I'm not capable of having intelligent bursts of awesomeness, it's the moments of sheer "WTF?" events that actually worries me.

Ya I never minded the over active brain, just thought everybody had their brain wired like that... but it was the spacey blonde moments that I found to be irritating... and then like I said forgetting my daughters field trip was the final push (I have a HUGE ego and on the outside AD world I play the tough girl haha)

Well I woke up super early around 6am to finish a psychology test online. Then I left the house and have been babysitting since 8am this morning. Not to much going on since the little girl is on punishment.

nah. I'd say you're just bored the *** outta your mind or that your work environment is not conducive to your well-being. It's time for a change of scenery.

Look who's talking too. :giggle: little sleepy bear!

Woke up at 4:30 am, rode the bike to the bus stop at 5:30 am. Ran for almost a hour. Climbed for about a hour and half. Got a new bag since I got sick of carrying two bags (One for climbing and equipment and the other for laptop.). Very happy with the bag.

Chilled at a cafe til sushi restaurant opened next door. While chilling, girl passed out in front of me, with food and coffee around laptop and hand on mousepad for laptop. Was funny for a bit, then got concerned, woke her up. Seemed ok, very tired though. Headed over to sushi restaurant. Enjoying gyozas, two nigiri and two rolls.

Good day so far.

Usual hubby and cat chores. Got 4 wrong number calls between 6:30 and 7:45am that really ticked me off. Made bacon, eggs and grits for breakfast. Packed hubby's lunch and took it to him, made 2 bank deposits, went to WalMart again, came home, read a little, went to "BK Lounge" for lunch (no bun and no cheese Whopper), then took a ride to show kids the Port of Palm Beach and there was a cruise ship from the Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines there and a container ship from Germany (not sure where, just a German name), then took daughter to her orthopedic appointment. Home now puttering around. Have to switch out the littler box as the garbage goes out tonight.

Tomorrow psychiast to start to figure out plan do :)

that is very not funny exciting anxiously I am handle to crazy! I am very lots of sleep pretty sound! work out! pretty sound!

Worked all day, and had a meeting with my supervisor about our project. Once again, I'm doing most of the work and must push to get this phase done in the next 2-3 weeks. Oh the pressure! xD

Will head to MIT Museum tonight for the MIT transportation showcase, including a research someone else did that caught my eye....hrmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back