What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked, but from home. Taking another snow day because we are in the middle of Blizzard Part II :shock:

How much snow are you getting? This storm is about to hit us soon.

Really? It's 71 degrees in Lynchburg Va today. I'm not that far from you. I would estimate about 170 miles or so away from you. it does look like rain though.

Really? It's 71 degrees in Lynchburg Va today. I'm not that far from you. I would estimate about 170 miles or so away from you. it does look like rain though.

We are under a winter storm warning until 7am tmw. Expecting about 7 to 10 inches of snow overnight. I think the storm is very far up north and just moving west so it probably will miss you.

12 inches so far and some areas just 30 minutes south of me have 20. And its still going!! All schools closed today according to the news.

That's one of the interesting thing about weather. Earlier this winter, Philly and NJ got hit hard with snow and we in northern DE barely got anything. I think the same will happen tonight. They're only calling for 2-4" for us, but to the north and west, a lot more.
Spring's not far away. My one lone crocus has poked it's leaves out.

Wirelessly posted

I slept all day just about, woke up craving banana cream pie a sign I must be getting well. I did buy a cheeseburger and chocolate shake mmm

I fell off the slats at work and rolled my ankle pretty good. It's swollen and turning blue, but I have it wrapped in a sports bandage for now. But man it hurts like a bitch.

I fell off the slats at work and rolled my ankle pretty good. It's swollen and turning blue, but I have it wrapped in a sports bandage for now. But man it hurts like a bitch.

Ouch! Hope you get better soon !!!

Ouch! Hope you get better soon !!!

Thanks. I've unwrapped and will re-wrap it here in a bit, seems like it's still trying to swell up and it felt like the bandage was getting tighter. It's not broke as far as I know, but I probably stretched a ligament. I just know it hurt like hell for the first 10-15 minutes right after it happened, but I just continued on as normal as best I could. I had my boots on and I'm thinking if I had not had my boots on, I likely would have broken it. :shock: I'm just thanking my lucky stars it's not worse. It still hurts from the inside of my ankle, across the top of my foot and down to the other side towards the bottom of my heel.

But the chickens were looking at me like "What the hell are you doing?!?"

4053683284_956e462ec4.jpg

Hen says: Dixie WTF are you doing?

Tried my hardest to fake a smile and get thru the day... Can't wait for spring break lol

Snow is here...a pretty good amount. My 3 day weekend has just been extended to a 4 day weekend as of now. The good news is...we dont make up today's closing!!!! From now on any school closings we have, we dont make up cuz it is too expensive. Yayayayayaya!!!!

Snow is here...a pretty good amount. My 3 day weekend has just been extended to a 4 day weekend as of now. The good news is...we dont make up today's closing!!!! From now on any school closings we have, we dont make up cuz it is too expensive. Yayayayayaya!!!!

it's too expensive? i don't get it. how?

My daughter now has a 6 day weekend. They had off for teacher development on Thurs & Fri and yesterday for the holiday.

So far I've made a roux, simmered a broth with a good dose of garlic, a little roux and a splash of sherry till 11 am. Next I'll brown my chicken leg on both sides and then put my chicken leg and my broth/roux mixure (sans garlic and about 1/4 c. Crockpots don't require a lot of liquid.) in my crockpot and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. I'll be having braised chicken leg with rice or mashed potaoes, either stewed tomatoes and spinach salad or tomato Rockfeller for dinner.

Among the usual morning routine, I went and got my hair cut. Will post a picture after I cool off. It is 82 outside and I am melting.

Wirelessly posted

Dixie, take care of yourself do ice up on your ankle and apply heat pad as well you will be good as new :) do go to the doctor in case it worsens you might have fractured it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back