What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is changelle?

Wirelessly posted

Dixie, take care of yourself do ice up on your ankle and apply heat pad as well you will be good as new :) do go to the doctor in case it worsens you might have fractured it.

Today I was able to get around but I wasn't able to get my boot on with the wrap so I just put my boot on as normal and walked more carefully than usual. It still hurts, it didn't help that I rolled it again when I stepped off the concrete pad walking to my truck this morning. I can tell my ankle is weaker than before and it pops when I take a step.

But get this I have managed to injure myself again. This time it is my neck, specifically the c-spine area.

My DD was using me for a jungle gym when I was sitting in the chair in the kitchen. She decided to lay her stomach on my head and then put all of her body weight right on it. I felt something pop and immediately a stabbing pain. I screamed it hurt so bad. Now I can barely move without it hurting and turning my head is impossible.

I think tomorrow I will wrap myself in bubble wrap and see if that helps. :shock: It sucks working full time and not having insurance.

Today I was able to get around but I wasn't able to get my boot on with the wrap so I just put my boot on as normal and walked more carefully than usual. It still hurts, it didn't help that I rolled it again when I stepped off the concrete pad walking to my truck this morning. I can tell my ankle is weaker than before and it pops when I take a step.

But get this I have managed to injure myself again. This time it is my neck, specifically the c-spine area.

My DD was using me for a jungle gym when I was sitting in the chair in the kitchen. She decided to lay her stomach on my head and then put all of her body weight right on it. I felt something pop and immediately a stabbing pain. I screamed it hurt so bad. Now I can barely move without it hurting and turning my head is impossible.

I think tomorrow I will wrap myself in bubble wrap and see if that helps. :shock: It sucks working full time and not having insurance.

Bad news: Your ankle will never be the same again, you've stretched the ligaments. That popping is most likely the peroneus longus ligament slipping out of place. It's held in place by a bone. When it gets loose it can move around the bone and cause the popping.

The only real way to fix it is to cut the achilles and then cut and stitch it back together then, stitch the achilles. a good long healing period.

ice up and rest. :) enjoy.

Bad news: Your ankle will never be the same again, you've stretched the ligaments. That popping is most likely the peroneus longus ligament slipping out of place. It's held in place by a bone. When it gets loose it can move around the bone and cause the popping.

The only real way to fix it is to cut the achilles and then cut and stitch it back together then, stitch the achilles. a good long healing period.

ice up and rest. :) enjoy.

That's what my initial thought was as if I had broken it, it would have been a far worse pain that lasted much longer than 10-15 minutes and I wouldn't have been able to hobble from one end of the chicken house back to the other. (which is 500 feet). It hurt (and still hurts) bad enough, but at least today it is tolerable. As for the way to fix, it's out of the question financially. I've been told Achilles surgeries cause more harm than good with limited range of motion in the foot from the surgery on. I would think this would be a 6 month or more healing period.

That's what my initial thought was as if I had broken it, it would have been a far worse pain that lasted much longer than 10-15 minutes and I wouldn't have been able to hobble from one end of the chicken house back to the other. (which is 500 feet). It hurt (and still hurts) bad enough, but at least today it is tolerable. As for the way to fix, it's out of the question financially. I've been told Achilles surgeries cause more harm than good with limited range of motion in the foot from the surgery on. I would think this would be a 6 month or more healing period.

if its stretched, the only other thing they do is an boot for the feet. 6 weeks.

I would recommend this.

if its stretched, the only other thing they do is an boot for the feet. 6 weeks.

I would recommend this.

Well either option requires a trip to the doc for a confirmation dx. But I'm betting they will want x-rays and such and such and charge more out the wazoo just for the boot. Either way this is gonna be expensive. :shock:

I had to calm down my mom in a panic attack along with my sister. Why?

You may not believe me but here it goes. I can see spirits and feel them. Horrible feeling. Since I was a kid I run away from a room in my house were I have always felt like someone is there. I'm not the only one cause my mom and sister have seen stuff in that room as well. I was the first to see the spirit of a woman coming out of the bathroom and no one believed me until my mom saw her too. That was around two years ago and many minor stuff happened but not enough to spook us badly. Today was another story. My sister had a hand fan from her best friend who lend it to her so my sis could paint a design with acrylics...My sister " lost " the fan and given the fact that yesterday something happened that couldn't be explained while I was alone in the house we all assumed it was the spirit again playing tricks. I was right. I told my sister " it is playing tricks...spooked me last night and now it has your fan. Look for it...it has to be somewhere. " So we all started looking for it and when we had given up, we hear our mom screaming her lungs off and saying " IT'S UP THERE! I SEE IT! " we had to help her get down the ladder and get her to calm down enough to speak coherently. She was shaking and crying. I took leadership and started saying our prayers for safety in the house and claiming the house as ours. Thing is that I grabbed some Holy water we keep in the fridge and went to the bathroom with my sister...lo and behold...it was there, hidden behind some boxes. I sprayed some Holy water in the bathroom and left.

I know it's not enough to shake a spirit out but we are going to get some help for cleansing. I know it's not harmful and it likes to play tricks but tonight was the last straw. We got sick of its jokes. Frankly...I wish I weren't as perceptive. I am not deathly afraid but I do know they do not belong in this plane of existence so I guess it's a healthy dose of fearful respect of what they are.

School,made a few bad jokes and think someone got offended oops not my intentions, decided not to over think it, more school, then got feathers in my hair and my girls got some too, homework, study... next and last on the list sleep :)

Someone over the weekend suggested I might have ADHD. I usually drink a lot of caffeine in the morning/afternoon to try to feel "normal", not even as stimulated as a normal person might. And I'm grumpy and careless. So true today. Or I just dislike -greatly- the style of "mentor" my teammate is trying to be (I'm not doing what he wants, to which he is very contradictory and not professional)...probably OCD and trying to take over as manager once ours retires. Frustrating. Going to the Doctor.

Someone over the weekend suggested I might have ADHD. I usually drink a lot of caffeine in the morning/afternoon to try to feel "normal", not even as stimulated as a normal person might. And I'm grumpy and careless. So true today. Or I just dislike -greatly- the style of "mentor" my teammate is trying to be (I'm not doing what he wants, to which he is very contradictory and not professional)...probably OCD and trying to take over as manager once ours retires. Frustrating. Going to the Doctor.

Just got diagnosed with adult ADHD last Friday actually and already seeing a difference with the meds :) I just thought all that stuff was due to being blonde :giggle: and with the caffeine doesn't everyone need a 6pack of pop and 2 cups of coffee to before they feel any sort of effect...

No but seriously started meds Friday and haven't had any caffeine since saturday just don't have any 'cravings' I suppose and already feeling more focused, even set a new record of almost a week without locking my keys in the truck...

Ok sorry I shouldn't be posting at midnight, I will edit if this makes absolutely no sense what so ever... :)

Some people thought I have ADHD, but after they saw me how much I drink coke and how much sugar I put in my coffee. When they saw me like this, I told them "I love being hyper". They laughed. So I stopped drinking pops years ago and drink less coffee, more H2O...

nah. I'd say you're just bored the *** outta your mind or that your work environment is not conducive to your well-being. It's time for a change of scenery.

I know expereince ADHD before long time ago! I am study lots of experience pretty share to you I know ADHD is very not attention :)

I am personal bio change better mature because ADHD is vey frustrated and behavior! i know I am successfully my own way change tough! not easy! complication! I believe ADHD is very hard find professional aware how doctor help advise!

Today, I have done cat duty, took hubby his lunch since I forgot to pack it, went to 2 libraries, came home for 10 minutes. Took MIL for a doctor's appointment, then to lunch (at 3pm), to the bank and also the Post Office. Back home, I have read some and now I need to clean litter box again as Tinkerbell has really stunk it up big time. Still have dinner to fox and I'm not in the mood.

I worked and managed to go all day without injuring myself, woohoo! That's an accomplishment considering how this week has been going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back