What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dixie, an 800 yard long driveway!? Wow, sounds like a runway......

Imagine shoveling the snow out of the driveway during the winter! :lol:

7 miles? That's quite a long driveway.

Yeah, he decided to uproot and moved to the Telluride area. Bought a house sight unseen alongside with this huge chunk of earth. :shock: 100% off grid.

His first winter he was stuck for a bit, then he decided to get the snowcat. That thing is a beast.

He still is a professor, teaches online courses.

I wouldn't mind buying a place in an isolated territory someday.

Yeah, he decided to uproot and moved to the Telluride area. Bought a house sight unseen alongside with this huge chunk of earth. :shock: 100% off grid.

His first winter he was stuck for a bit, then he decided to get the snowcat. That thing is a beast.

He still is a professor, teaches online courses.

Telluride! I've been wanting to go there some day....last I checked, there appeared to be only one way down there....around, ummmm, Red Mountain....? Is that the only way in?

Telluride! I've been wanting to go there some day....last I checked, there appeared to be only one way down there....around, ummmm, Red Mountain....? Is that the only way in?

pretty much yeah. I take a highway off the million dollar hwy from Ridgway around to the west of Telluride. I'll be there again June. Come by?

I've been to Telluride. It's a nice little town or at least it was when I was there at aged 14. Have you been to Fat Tire Week in Gunnison/Crested Butte? Now that's wild. I remember going there in the mid-90s and I kid you not I saw a guy with long greased hair with pieces of a bicycle chain in it. Gives new meaning to 'gear head'. :giggle:

We often stayed at Rocky River Resort in a cabin in which the property backed right up to the Gunnison River. It's not unusual to see people rafting through there in the summer.

So I was out today in a public area and had my ASL book out practicing with myself. After sometime a hard of hearing guy approached me and started speaking to me and minimally signing with me. Here is what's interesting he was telling me his story and talked about an ex girlfriend because of the story I asked if she was deaf he said no I hate and don't talk to deaf people WTF!?!?

worked. told kids to "stop it" several times and " give that back" gahhhhhhhhh

Took my little one out sledding. We sledded for an hour and a little girl joined us. Her father sat in the car. I cant imagine just sitting in the car while my kids go sledding. I want to be part of the action! Anyways, my son and I crashed into a tree but luckily we were ok. My hand is bruised a little bit.

The rest of the day..just being lazy. My hubby and my brother's girlfriend are coooking dinner together. Japanese food. Smells good!

Took my little one out sledding. We sledded for an hour and a little girl joined us. Her father sat in the car. I cant imagine just sitting in the car while my kids go sledding. I want to be part of the action! Anyways, my son and I crashed into a tree but luckily we were ok. My hand is bruised a little bit.
We were lucky to live in a house with a good sledding hill. Once the kids were old enough to sled alone, I'd watch from inside (I'm an "older" mom) and be ready to make the hot chocolate. I liked not having to drive to/from a sledding hill.
I also taught my kids how to tip over before hitting any of the trees at the bottom of our hill.
Hope your hand feels better soon.

I wish my boobs could do that.

Since I am stuck at home again, I am thinking of taking my son sledding this afternoon.

I CAN make mine do that!

(I am not entirely sure if that's a good thing.)

(And, guys, NO, I will not be posting any of those pixs here anytime soon. ;) )

Some things are best left unsaid. :giggle:

Agreed. :lol:

Went to work came home, changed clothes, made pizza and ate it, and now I am checking AD.com and Farmville. I will soon check my DD's homework then come back here to piddle some more.

I CAN make mine do that!

(I am not entirely sure if that's a good thing.)

(And, guys, NO, I will not be posting any of those pixs here anytime soon. ;) )

OMLA funny on picture cats! :giggle: hahah

Thinking about changing the channel, I do not like watching The Nanny!

got up late, due to have watched Harry Brown to the wee hours...was a good film not for everyone though might bore the action fans whose expecting more...
then trimmed a hedge plant that took 2 hours, then went out looking for pavers, and sands, big job looking around....have decided (mostly on the colour scheme and yet decide if 450x450 slabs or 500x500...will post up the pics later when i get it all done...not a big flash house but cosy...

then went to deaf club, just before that went to the Hot Rod club, chatted for a while, it was fantastic, been in a chopped 1934 coupe with a Chrysler 354 Hemi, cripe it MOOOOOVEDD !! but i loved it, and the engine made wonderful music, even better than the V-12's ive been in...it was a very interesting experience...as ive also been in quite a few Hot Rods and Ferraris in the past, but this one stands out as quite unique, i wasnt planning a ride, just talking and hop over next door to join my freinds...but wow OK it was a pleasent experience, quite an EVIL looking car too though...and i mean EVIL...i guess theres a reason... to keep the morons away from it...and it sure has the speed, in Big strides...ok im babbling like silly now I'd stop lol, but wow just Wow lol.
that's my highlight of the day and probably of the month (or year) its a rare treat to get a ride in this sort of thing...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back