What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's why I wear sunglasses but I lost my prescription sunglasses. and I haven't bought another one cuz it's $$$ :mad2:

Same here!!! I hate not wearing sunglasses...

You all should get glasses with tinted lenses as well anti-glare shield put on glasses. Might cost a bit but good investment as it's all in one glasses.

When I was in Canada, I had glasses with anti-glare shield. It helped but it does scratch easily, I think.

Now I just wear glasses with tinted lenses and I like it.

You all should get glasses with tinted lenses as well anti-glare shield put on glasses. Might cost a bit but good investment as it's all in one glasses.

When I was in Canada, I had glasses with anti-glare shield. It helped but it does scratch easily, I think.

Now I just wear glasses with tinted lenses and I like it.

I used to have Rx sunglasses until, like Jiro, I lost them. I hope to get new ones in the Spring if money permits.

Either that or get contacts and buy cheap sunglasses.

Day was busy and I was in the middle of a great Science lesson plan to get my students ready for a final test when the fire alarm went off. One staff burned her popcorn causing a lot of smoke. So, we returned after evacuating the building and I proceeded to continue my lesson when the secretary interrupted my lesson to let me know that my son's school called saying that I needed to pick him up due to him throwing up so I had to leave in the middle of my lesson. I hate hate letting go control of my class to another person especially if it was a review for a test. I hope my students did well on their Science test. GRRR!

So, I got home with my son and have been making trips back and forth to the bathroom helping him while he gets sick. Poor baby. :(

I used to have Rx sunglasses until, like Jiro, I lost them. I hope to get new ones in the Spring if money permits.

Either that or get contacts and buy cheap sunglasses.

Could your health insurance cover the cost of glasses and tinted lenses? Just curious

So, I got home with my son and have been making trips back and forth to the bathroom helping him while he gets sick. Poor baby. :(

Poor kid. Hope he'll get back to good health by tomorrow.

Wirelessly posted

I went to work this morning, helped a hoh student learn to download music from youtube (frustrating) we both tried it was not successful lol, then I went to grocery store and came home to fix lunch. Now, I am resting before going to zumba class.

Have fun! :)

I lost my RX sunglasses many times, that pissed me off. They were expensive, tho. I swore I would never buy expensive sunglasses again. So, I bought cheap sunglasses instead. So, I don't have to worry about that.

I hope your son feels better soon, Shel!

When I got my glasses, I got the clip on sunglasses that fit my frames. Since I use a rollator, my sunglasses stay in the basket and I always have them when I need them. Son is always forgetting his sunglasses and his eyes get sunburned easily. He has "pale pigment" in his eyes and so has to be very careful.

I will bring two pairs of sunglasses for the road trip to prevent snow blindness. Gonna be a long weekend. CYA later!

I went to work and while there I got a call from my cousin and she wanted to know if my DD could have a sleepover at her apartment with her two kids. I said yes. So as soon as I got finished I boogied home and got her bag packed. Before I left dad said I got a phone call to help out with a 5K race in the morning as they found themselves shorthanded at the last minute. I tried calling back but I kept getting the 'disconnected' message. I may just get up extra early in the morning and drive by the race site to see if I am still needed. I don't mind helping out in my community where I can. I also have to go to work tomorrow as soon as I am done with the race. After that I am going back to pick up my DD from my cousin's apartment, then I will drive by the Verizon store to inquire about their plans for the iPhone when it is released officially. After that we are going to a friend of mines apartment to play the Wii and watch a movie. We may possibly eat out tomorrow night depending on how late I get done. I may go 30 minutes early to see if I can try to get done early. I will see.

I went to work and while there I got a call from my cousin and she wanted to know if my DD could have a sleepover at her apartment with her two kids. I said yes. So as soon as I got finished I boogied home and got her bag packed. Before I left dad said I got a phone call to help out with a 5K race in the morning as they found themselves shorthanded at the last minute. I tried calling back but I kept getting the 'disconnected' message. I may just get up extra early in the morning and drive by the race site to see if I am still needed. I don't mind helping out in my community where I can. I also have to go to work tomorrow as soon as I am done with the race. After that I am going back to pick up my DD from my cousin's apartment, then I will drive by the Verizon store to inquire about their plans for the iPhone when it is released officially. After that we are going to a friend of mines apartment to play the Wii and watch a movie. We may possibly eat out tomorrow night depending on how late I get done. I may go 30 minutes early to see if I can try to get done early. I will see.

What a hectic day for you, Dixie?! You've got any of your own time. ;)
I stayed in my bed last night despite my cough. (It is getting better a little.) I surfed AD, chatted with my sister via IM and read a book, "The Faith Club".

I was woken up at 9am, got dressed and basically chilled out all day on fb etc.

It's 11:45am and so far, I have fed the family eggs, grits and biscuits for breakfast, taken hubby to the dentist for the first of 3 impressions for his dentures and gotten daughter ready for a day of work with a neighbor. Now, I have to fix lunch, take MIL to the hair dresser, take MIL to a seniors group at church and then take her to dinner, come home and work on lesson plans and grading papers for the kids. Have to get a shower in sometime. I also have to clean the bathroom again and vacuum the house. We have 2 cats coming to us tomorrow. We are picking them up after church.

Last edited:
Yay for the kitties! I was up until 1 am but that's nothing, I actually slept until 8 am (for once !!) I was just too over-tired this week with the few hours of sleep I get.

Today? :hmm:

Forced myself to wake up at 11 AM to rush to Central Square post office to ship out this textbook I had sold. I won't been needing that book for awhile, so I figure just to sell it to someone.

I'm relaxing in my room today, all sore and tired from dancing for 2 hours non-stop and walking for 3-4 hours more with my friends around Cambridge in the freezing cold, and then having a small social get-together with some of my pals in me and my roomie's room yesterday. I personally think Jonnie Walker Scotch whiskey is too strong for me. Irish cream coffee whiskey is pretty good. One of my pals got really drunk after drinking bit too much of alcohol while we were playing Dixit, a board game. He was going bit crazy in this room. lol

Today? :hmm:

Forced myself to wake up at 11 AM to rush to Central Square post office to ship out this textbook I had sold. I won't been needing that book for awhile, so I figure just to sell it to someone.

I'm relaxing in my room today, all sore and tired from dancing for 2 hours non-stop and walking for 3-4 hours more with my friends around Cambridge in the freezing cold, and then having a small social get-together with some of my pals in me and my roomie's room yesterday. I personally think Jonnie Walker Scotch whiskey is too strong for me. Irish cream coffee whiskey is pretty good. One of my pals got really drunk after drinking bit too much of alcohol while we were playing Dixit, a board game. He was going bit crazy in this room. lol

I don't miss the cold, but I miss the area! I used to spend a lot of time in Boston. It's like a slice of American History right there.

I don't miss the cold, but I miss the area! I used to spend a lot of time in Boston. It's like a slice of American History right there.

I know!! It's so cold here, but I love Boston/Cambridge anyway!! :) :) I think I want a property here one day as well properties in southern California and southern Florida as well ;) After all, gotta escape to somewhere warm while Boston/Cambridge is all chilly. xD xD

I know!! It's so cold here, but I love Boston/Cambridge anyway!! :) :) I think I want a property here one day as well properties in southern California and southern Florida as well ;) After all, gotta escape to somewhere warm while Boston/Cambridge is all chilly. xD xD

Hey, we can go in and buy properties together. Kill two birds with one stone!! :lol: It's even colder here in MN -- it's a BALMY 16 degrees today :lol: We had near-zero temps all this week. Fun FUN Fun NOT !!

Hey, we can go in and buy properties together. Kill two birds with one stone!! :lol: It's even colder here in MN -- it's a BALMY 16 degrees today :lol: We had near-zero temps all this week. Fun FUN Fun NOT !!

Hey, what a great idea!! ;) ;)

Wow, MN? Feels bad, man. It's about 29 degrees now in Cambridge, but I can't imagine 16 degrees?!?!?!??!

Hey, what a great idea!! ;) ;)

Wow, MN? Feels bad, man. It's about 29 degrees now in Cambridge, but I can't imagine 16 degrees?!?!?!??!

That is about normal here in the winter. :lol: We went through a deep freeze a few years back where we didn't get above zero for some 2 weeks at all. We broke records. :lol: Born and raised here so I guess I'm not leaving til I move to Alaska (my SO wants us to :lol: )

Wirelessly posted

Did zumba this morning, went to the store bought a birthday card, saw my friend who works there and chatted a bit. After, came home cleaned up, cooked breakfast, did dishes and laundry. I am relaxing and going to watch playoffs Steelers vs Ravens no for any teams, fun to watch. I am going out tonight to a club for my friend's bday which was yesterday the whole jr high school clan will be there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back