What did you do today? Part II

I have made a small run to the grocery, made a heavenly good lunch, vacuumed the house 3 times, typed out my Christmas letter for 27 of my 54 Christmas cards. (yes, I had to address a few more) Driven family to Cracker Barrel for dinner (MIL paid), bought a real cute Christmas teddy bear that recites the "Twas the Night before Christmas" in full, then drove the family to see Christmas light in a specific neighborhood that in 25 miles North of where we live. Now we are home and stuck in the bedroom due to wet carpeting after Stanley Steemer came.

Went to work, went to Walmart to pick up my Christmas cards that I ordered from Snapfish.com, cleaned the house, filled out the food list for my hubby, and now relaxing here.

I finished my holiday shopping online. Plenty of shipping time. We've decided to go to House of Pies on Christmas day. Who doesn't like pie?

Played with the cats and dog. Such smiles. :). Supposed to go out to a bar with friends, but I'm too tired.

Pretty relaxing day today. Looked out the window this morning to see the first snowfall of winter! It was really pretty, but boy do I hate the cold... Brrrr.

New audi in the future for you, maybe?

Perhaps. Though it would be annoying to look for yet another one after the last one I dealt with, whom I switched away from a couple of years ago after that audi while replacing the tubing on it decided my hearing aid was a 'snap on' ear hook style rather than it's 'screw on' style and proceeded to yank the ear hook off and broke my hearing aid instead. And then had the gall to refuse to pay for more than 1/2 the cost of a replacement one!

So, in comparison to that, this audi is just merely being annoying. :roll:

This morning, I had a shower and thought the pressure was somewhat weak considering that on other water taps, the pressure is much stronger. Disassembled my shower hose (old fashioned bathtub - handheld shower hose is attached to tap) and gave all the pieces a good bath with CLR and cleaned out the filter. Made a huge difference!

Got Christmas presents for my brother. Bought moving supplies. Started packing, done with the first box... Which is full of cherished books and more books to pack...

Got Christmas presents for my brother. Bought moving supplies. Started packing, done with the first box... Which is full of cherished books and more books to pack...

Packing? Where ya off to?

Are you moving back to CA? Good luck with your packing!

I have been turned away from so many places trying to donate blood since I have baby veins that roll. It's too hard so they get frustrated and give up. Even in the midst of a severe shortage in Columbia, MO, they asked me to not come back since my veins are "touchy".

I have never been able to donate, either. I have AB- and they could always use my blood, but first I didn't weigh enough, and now the CMV antibodies keep me from donating.

When you leave??

Not sure yet. Think end of January. Staying here is making my mental health deteriorate. Plus now that my brother's doing drugs again and parents are in trouble. And all of my best friends reside in California. I just need to get home as soon as possible.

Made a grocery list and went shopping. Came home, had the boys unload the car. Now I'm exhausted...gonna take awhile to get my strength back I guess. Dunno if it's the antibotics or what. Had to buy a lot of Yogurt since I got a female infection from the meds...so eating a lot of that.

Still so much to do and so little time!...But having a big family dinner tomorrow! Will lift my spirits and keep me in the kitchen.

Drew up plans for a new bathtub. Going to rip the jacuzzi out and replace with a smaller tub. The jacuzzi's way too big for just 1 person. Honey doesn't like baths.

Back