What did you do today? Part II

^^^Glass tile is different than block. It's more dimensional than traditional ceramic tile. Very cool stuff.

Went to work, chilled with my kids, made jalapeno mango chicken sausages for lunc ( my kids LOVED them), am back at work eating marzipan Ritter Sport :). Next we may go shoot some clays, and then I will help my friend with some sewing.

No. Mbrek has it right. Same thickness as most tiles, etc just that it's glass. And you can find in all sorts of colors. Very modern.

Oh ok, I know what you are talking about. I haven't seen it in a bath but I bet that would be pretty cool.

Oh ok, I know what you are talking about. I haven't seen it in a bath but I bet that would be pretty cool.

I think it will be. I just did Google Images and my gosh, there are so many cool colors/designs.

Look at this for a wall !!

bathroom-glass-tile-ideas.jpg

So this is what I'm thinking of replacing the tub with:

Master_Bath_Garden_Tub.jpg

This tub would be about half the size of what I have now.

Niceeee ones, Alleycat... ohhh... love the bubbles look on that wall.. niceee...

Did mail all but 1 card for Xmas to family and friends of family.. had to grab something and the local newspapers and did dishes to wash and waiting after NHL hockey game (Mtl Canadiens vs NJ Devils) is over so I can do laundry work and get set for office party tonite at my boss's place (good thing I got BB traffic app where I can get the route to my boss's place without getting so damn lost.. hehe) and then tomorrow something else as well before going to 2nd brother's place for dinner (have to wait for his wife to email back with time for that dinner so ahhh...)

Glass tiles are so pretty. What colour?

Something other than boring beige !! LOL I'll go take a pix of what I have now, maybe you guys would have good ideas on a color choice. It must be something I would not get sick of, though. Too much work and $$ to replace AGAIN :)

Drew up plans for a new bathtub. Going to rip the jacuzzi out and replace with a smaller tub. The jacuzzi's way too big for just 1 person. Honey doesn't like baths.

Very smart. If you have a second bathroom with a tub, you might want to think about doing without a tub entirely and just do a really nice shower, including a shower seat.

We ripped both our upstairs bathrooms down to the studs and completely remodeled them last winter. We thought about going with "shower only" for the master, but in the end decided to stay with a tub. Very modest tub, but we got a lot of bells and whistles elsewhere.

My favorite: heated floor! SO nice on chilly mornings to have a warm floor!

ETA: Love, love, love that bubble-look for glass tiles! Very contemporary, and nice soothing color. Really beautiful.

Very smart. If you have a second bathroom with a tub, you might want to think about doing without a tub entirely and just do a really nice shower, including a shower seat.

We ripped both our upstairs bathrooms down to the studs and completely remodeled them last winter. We thought about going with "shower only" for the master, but in the end decided to stay with a tub. Very modest tub, but we got a lot of bells and whistles elsewhere.

My favorite: heated floor! SO nice on chilly mornings to have a warm floor!

We do have a second tub, but I really want to keep a tub in the master bath. The bath room is about 12x14, probably too big to not have a tub in it. We have heated floors !! LOVE it.

Something other than boring beige !! LOL I'll go take a pix of what I have now, maybe you guys would have good ideas on a color choice. It must be something I would not get sick of, though. Too much work and $$ to replace AGAIN :)

Maybe pale blue or green? Easy on the eyes and soothing. I like the blues and greens in this pic - the dark blue, not so much. Blue is very complimentary to brown.

I could see myself going for the top left (because it has color flecks in it) or bottom right. I'm not a fan of the darker blue, either. Makes me feel like I'm in a swimming pool !! :)

I also love this mirror collage. Very creative. I might not have used the leaf, but something else ... I might end up taking the tiles off the wall to do something like this.

nature-motive-glass-tiles-for-bathroom-wall-2.jpg

I am more into light bluish grays for the bathroom. We plan on rennovating the 2nd floor bathroom next summer. As many of you know, we finished rennovating the first floor bathroom. That was a lot of work for a small bathroom! lol

Good luck AlleyCat!

I am more into light bluish grays for the bathroom. We plan on rennovating the 2nd floor bathroom next summer. As many of you know, we finished rennovating the first floor bathroom. That was a lot of work for a small bathroom! lol

Good luck AlleyCat!

Thanks! :) This will be a project for after the holidays are over, so it'll be a bit before I post back with new pics.

Back