What communication tools was you raised in?

Shel, speaking of how you like to know what deaf education is like in other countries, let me tell you something I recently heard.....don't have links so....A group of deaf tourists were in Burma and when they asked the Burmese Travel Bureau where the deaf schools in that country were so they could go and visit them. The reply they got is, "There are no deaf people in Burma". :eek3:

Also, in North Korea, the deaf folks are shipped to remote places in the country to starve to death. And we think we have it bad, lol.

Wish I could get my hands on some links to back these allegations up.

Geez! That's horrible! I think I read somewhere about what's happening in North Korea. Yea, we should be grateful for what we have which is why we need to keep fighting for awareness and our rights.

Geez! That's horrible! I think I read somewhere about what's happening in North Korea. Yea, we should be grateful for what we have which is why we need to keep fighting for awareness and our rights.

Yeah, Shel...I get mixed feelings; for example, in the case of the North Koreans. Suppose, all of a sudden, that government pulled out all stops and catered, cared for, properly educated their deaf bretheren, then what happens, given what we know about that country? Can you see an ax-weilding Korean deafie going after you? Lol!

Yeah, Shel...I get mixed feelings; for example, in the case of the North Koreans. Suppose, all of a sudden, that government pulled out all stops and catered, cared for, properly educated their deaf bretheren, then what happens, given what we know about that country? Can you see an ax-weilding Korean deafie going after you? Lol!

Well, I wouldnt be surprised..if they were treated in an inhumanely way, then they will more likely act inhumane to others. I have a friend who was born in Korea..he never said anything about this kind of treatment. However, I am not sure if he was born in South or North Korea. Will have to ask him. He lives here in the US cuz more opportunities for deaf people here.

i was raised english and NZSL (mother is Deaf and father hearing) I had problems growing up. Teachers thought i had a learning disability but it was because i spoke in SL

Back