What color is your hearing aid?

i finally get my new ha 2morrow..blackkk ha all the wayyy:)

I have translucent purple with clear ear molds.

And re: the person who said it was unprofessional to have colored aids-- I don't find it any less professional than colored glasses frames (my glasses are purple, to match my aids, naturallY :giggle:) or brightly colored clothing, even. I have short hair so the aids are noticable, and I have had several jobs in business (doctor's offices, college admissions offices, etc) and retail environments, and nobody has ever said anything to me about the color of my glasses OR hearing aids except to admire them.

My philosophy behind getting bright-colored ones (my audi tried to sell me on the plain skin-tone/brown ones) is that if I am going to pay tons of money for them, I want them to be something I'm going to like and that people can see.

I have translucent purple with clear ear molds.

And re: the person who said it was unprofessional to have colored aids-- I don't find it any less professional than colored glasses frames (my glasses are purple, to match my aids, naturallY :giggle:) or brightly colored clothing, even. I have short hair so the aids are noticable, and I have had several jobs in business (doctor's offices, college admissions offices, etc) and retail environments, and nobody has ever said anything to me about the color of my glasses OR hearing aids except to admire them.

My philosophy behind getting bright-colored ones (my audi tried to sell me on the plain skin-tone/brown ones) is that if I am going to pay tons of money for them, I want them to be something I'm going to like and that people can see.

Wow, you have the same colour glasses and HAs as me and made the same comment to your audi as I made to mine! You must have good taste. ;)

I'm a professional photographer and to be honest it's not a problem having colour HAs in my line of work. In fact, I get a lot of comments from hearies about how they see the "perky" colour choice and immediately feel more at ease. They've told me that they feel I'm probably comfortable about wearing them, so they feel more relaxed around me. I've been told several times by the same people that they feel awkward when they see the beige ones because they think people are wearing that colour to try to hide them, like they might be uncomfortable about people knowing they wear HAs and not want people to ask open questions if they're not sure if they're communicating in a way that is respectful or easily understood. We probably all know that that's just their assumption, but it's funny to see how different people perceive the colours and the funny impressions they have about them!

I don't have one. I'll probably end up with standard beige when the time finally comes to me getting one. I want to know, though; how do you get the different colours? Can you buy little 'coats' for them? :D

I want mine (now tan) to be changed to bright neon yellow or orange that glows in the dark and will flash when I clap or something. I'm always losing the damn thing...looking for it almost every morning. If you guys ever ever hear of this being invented, please tell me! Meanwhile, I'll try to train myself to put it with my keys...if I can ever remember where the keys are...hmmm...

They DO have glow in the dark earmolds...........I might get those.

:shock: Really?! I was half joking...in that case, me too! It will totally make my life easier...My new morning routine: "Hey, kids! Turn off the lights! Mommy's looking for her hearing aid again!"

:shock: Really?! I was half joking...in that case, me too! It will totally make my life easier...My new morning routine: "Hey, kids! Turn off the lights! Mommy's looking for her hearing aid again!"

LOL! That would be funny! I did the same thing with my retainer, so whenever I lose my retainer, I turn off the lights, lower the shades in hope to find something glowing among the discarded dirty clothes. Go and get it! Your kids would be like - Ooh! Mommy Your ears are glowing!

LOL! That would be funny! I did the same thing with my retainer, so whenever I lose my retainer, I turn off the lights, lower the shades in hope to find something glowing among the discarded dirty clothes. Go and get it! Your kids would be like - Ooh! Mommy Your ears are glowing!

:lol:

I don't have one. I'll probably end up with standard beige when the time finally comes to me getting one. I want to know, though; how do you get the different colours? Can you buy little 'coats' for them? :D

I have a Tan (dark beige/light brown, matches my hair) and I use superseals - usually in navy, but they do have other colours ...
They're latex based , so if you're allergic, sensitive to latext they wouldn't work .. they're "balloon material" basically that is made in the shape of the HA.

In fact, I get a lot of comments from hearies about how they see the "perky" colour choice and immediately feel more at ease. They've told me that they feel I'm probably comfortable about wearing them, so they feel more relaxed around me. I've been told several times by the same people that they feel awkward when they see the beige ones because they think people are wearing that colour to try to hide them, like they might be uncomfortable about people knowing they wear HAs and not want people to ask open questions if they're not sure if they're communicating in a way that is respectful or easily understood.

That's what I tell myself (of course, it also might have something to do with the fact that it just looks cool!), but at a place I temp-worked recently, I'd been there a month when someone alluded to my "bluetooth headset". :facepalm:

Edit: My HA is silver with translucent blue parts; my CI has several different snap-on colorful bits. I think the company calls the theme "Techno", but they look more tie-dyed to me (I have a reddish-pinkish-orangish one, a green one, and a blue one).
My CI can't be mistaken for anything else, though, and I've had people who thought it was awesome that I could change its color from one day to the next.

Really?! I was half joking...in that case, me too!
Yes, I'm surprised they don't promote them more..........I mean we all know how hearing aids love to hide!

Mine is clear earmolds. I has a beige "Behind the ears." I am tired of same beige! I would like to get a pink. LoL I like many cool color on BTE and Earmolds. I prefer clear. I used to have a bright blue and white marble earmolds. It got everyone's attention on my color. I didn't like it.

Everyone are different for style and design.

I want to show you something from link. I thought it's cool for everyone who wear HA & CI for play sports or work. Check it out

gearforears.com

I think black and brown and the other neutral colors are way cooler then boring ol' beige..........Beige is just MAJOR MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back