What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

i purchased Vision by Heather Graham and Presence by Heather Graham last week

Playing for Pizza by John Grisham

Loved Playing for Pizza. It was the first Grisham that I've read. Finished a couple of Jeffrey Deaver and Patricia Cornwell books and a little Trek. Started an Arthur Conan Doyle biography last night. Could be just as interesting as Sherlock Holmes.

Loved Playing for Pizza. It was the first Grisham that I've read. Finished a couple of Jeffrey Deaver and Patricia Cornwell books and a little Trek. Started an Arthur Conan Doyle biography last night. Could be just as interesting as Sherlock Holmes.

That's awesome. If you are interested in reading more of John Grisham's Books, I'd recommend you to read "The Client" and "The Chambers". Both are excellent!

That's awesome. If you are interested in reading more of John Grisham's Books, I'd recommend you to read "The Client" and "The Chambers". Both are excellent!

:werd: I cant say how much good they are! John Grisham totally rocks with the lawyer books. My favorites happen to be "The Firm", "The Testament" and "A Time to Kill".

I recently bought the book, "The Eight". It was okay. My favorite book is The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy and The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

I recently bought the book, "The Eight". It was okay. My favorite book is The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy and The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

If you like DaVinci Code grab Angels and Demons. I do prefer it to the DaVinci Code. Even better read "Digital Fortress" ..just take my word for it :)

And Tom Clancy? I recommend "Without Remorse" set in 1973 that tells the tale of John Clark and how he got into the CIA (and sets that up for the later Jack Ryan novels). Its my all-time favorite Tom Clancy novel.

If you like DaVinci Code grab Angels and Demons. I do prefer it to the DaVinci Code. Even better read "Digital Fortress" ..just take my word for it :)

And Tom Clancy? I recommend "Without Remorse" set in 1973 that tells the tale of John Clark and how he got into the CIA (and sets that up for the later Jack Ryan novels). Its my all-time favorite Tom Clancy novel.

I just finished reading Angels and Demons. It was a good novel!!! I have not read "Without Remorse". I will go to the library to check out that book.

:werd: I cant say how much good they are! John Grisham totally rocks with the lawyer books. My favorites happen to be "The Firm", "The Testament" and "A Time to Kill".

Indeed, John Grisham rocks. My first Grisham book was The Rainmaker. After I read that book, I was definitely hooked on his books. So far as of now, I have 5 of his books. I still plan to collect more of his books down the road.

I just got President Obama's "The Audacity of Hope".

Think of it as a guidebook for the Obama Administration :)

Just need to find that book "Twlight" - am interested to read one of these books.

WAIT A MIN?! Michael Cricton is just passed away?! AW MAN! i love his books what he wrote.

Then we came to the end by Joshua Ferris. It's a National Book Award finalist so it should be pretty good.

AquaBlue,
Your early assessment of the Remains of the Day is right. A beautiful written, unforgettable story - enjoy! I am new to alldeaf.com, so you're probably already done with it by the time I posted this. The movie is brilliantly acted, also. One of those rare stories in which the writing and the movie could rival each other. One of Anthony Hopkins' best roles. Either way, the story will make you ache (in a good way).

prayerflag

Last edited:
My most recent book purchase was I Am A Soldier Too by Rick Bragg. It's the story of the young Army soldier, Jessica Lynch, who was captured then rescued early in the Iraq War. I'm not too far along yet, though. If any of you are unfamiliar with Rick Bragg, you should probably start with his other books:

The family trilogy he recently finished is, in order,
All Over But The Shoutin'
Ava's Man
The Prince of Frogtown

Read them in that order. No one can paint a picture of a person, a place, or a caste of people like Rick Bragg. These are can't-miss books. Let me know what you think. Oh, by the way, before he started writing novels he was a Pulitzer-Prize-winning feature story writer with various papers including the New York Times. It was his feature stories that won him a year's fellowship at Harvard after one! semester of community college in Alabama - yeah, he's that good.

prayerflag

Back