What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

Forget the commercial books. Read the real good stuff. I'm talking lit.

Check out my book list below (sig) to see what I'm talking about. There are good writers (King, Grisham, etc) and then there are the great writers (Capote, Hemingway, etc). So go from so-so to oh boy! You will NOT regret it...believe me. Mature readers, read mature (great, all-time) writers.

AquaBlue, do you always buy books at the thrift shop? Do you keep all of your books? I saw few books you post, seems interesting. I always shop at Barnes & Nobles. If I am at Walmart, I grab a book or two...and sometimes at CVS while waiting for precrisption to be filled. I never tried thrift shop yet. I was afraid some pages would be missing :shock:

I buy them all the time no matter where I go. I do have library of books all over the house and the shed also. I will not get rid of them books. I had to recount all of my books since I have lost count and starting over. So far in total in two thousands...and still counting more...

restless...you and me are one in the same person. What you posted is how I am too.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

51RRKMW0QNL.jpg

The very last book I purchased was Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere.

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy

0060977493.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Now this is funny. I was going to purchase this one next week (new for 15 plus dollars)...but I found it today, in very good condition, at my local Goodwill shop for 75 cents. Super cool! :)

I also purchased, My Sister, My Love by Joyce Carol Oates

9780061547485.jpg

Check out my new booklist webpage (link in my sig).

Tell me what ya think.
:cool2:

aquablue your page look great
i had one favorite from your list The Handmaid's Tale and i am planning to get that for my collections as well as other book i wanted to get the book i plan to get was called Sophie's World

I bought Tom Clancy's EndWar (novel) as
endwar28novelcover29uw5.jpg

its good book! its about russia attack USA and worldwidewars!

Narnia book [WHOLE like Prince Caspin, Narnia, The Last Battle, Silver Chair.. blah blah].

done with it, it like ages ago.

Ernest Hemingway: Four Novels...Click here.

The Sun Also Rises
A Farewell to Arms
For Whom the Bell Tolls
The Old Man and the Sea

Four novels in one complete and unabridged volume. :)

The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
The Granta Book of the American Short Story by Richard Ford

Both used; both under two bucks!

Twilight
New Moon

and countless Historical Romance books....

But I'm planning to get Eclipse and Breaking Dawn to complete the series of Twilight.

Apart From the Crowd by Anna McPartlin. I read it at the library and wanted one for myself!

I also like Sarah Addison Allen's books. Can't wait for the next one!

Back