What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

Howards End by E. M. Forster

25tdjx2.gif

The Devious Book for Cats by Fluffy and Bonkers

Twilight books

Those were the last ones I bought by Stephanie Meyer, and her adult Science Fiction book. I finished the teen books and saw the movie.

I've been busy working on my own Science Fiction writing lately, so I haven't been reading anything else. :)

i have tons of Royals books since late Diana,Princess of Wales's death in 1997 and i have brothers Wales and Prince William,HM Queen Elizabeth II,Princess Diana had lots of em!

i had WWE books include WWE unscripted and Dave Batista but i would get another books of WWE called WWE Encyclopedia but im huge fans of WWE im hope i would get that WWE Encyclopedia at Barnes and Nobles stores somedays this books is $45.00 plus taxes! and also members of BN i would be imagine!

i read Chicken Soup for the soul books its so great for ladies but im so huge fans of that books!
Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul
Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul
Chicken Soup for the Bridal's Soul
Chicken Soup for the Soul Love Stories
Chicken Soup for the Soul new mom's
Chicken Soup for the Soul Twins and mores

all the books i buy are boring academic books for my PhD studies and i doubt anyone will run to their nearest b & n to buy them, hehe.

i have yet to find good fiction books that have characters with disabilities (like paraplegic, deaf, blind, ms, amputee, etc.) so haven't read anything other than a bunch of children's books 4 years ago for a paper i did. i like reading things like that, especially if the character(s) are deaf. sort of like shared experiences, ya know?

anyway, the two books i just got from on-line bookstore (i buy my books all over the place--amazon, b & n, chapters, eBay, etc.) are:

inside deaf culture by padden & humphries
disability and/in prose by brueggemann and lupo

Telex from Cuba by Rachel Kushner. It's a National Book Award Finalist (and a historical novel) so it should be a good one. The novel comes out Jun 2, 2009- the paperback edition.

51hCqdZ-gjL._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't had a lot of reading time lately so I've been stuck on the same couple books..

Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy - Very descriptive writing, and well crafted storywise. He really paints a vivid picture of life in the west, with no filter on it.

Crime by Irvine Welsh - My favorite author of all time. Just started this but I'm sure I'll love it

What is the What by Dave Eggers - Really delves into the life, hardship, and triumph of its African protagonist. Eggers has done his homework and is providing a real solid read... I'm almost done and I really like it. [ I saw one of my old posts from when I bought this: Like, a year and a half ago lol.. took me long enough to get around to I guess :)]

ONE CHILD by Torey Hayden
KAY SCARPETTA by Patricia Cornwell

And two more books my Othilie Bailly that I don't remember the title of but the author is the same kind of writer as Torey Hayden ;) GOOD STUFF!!!! :D Can't wait to read those 4 books!!!

Jamie

Back