What are your Risks?

DeafCaver

Reaction score
Today's world is violent, probably more so than 10-20 or even 30 years ago.
This quiz helps one assess the chances of being a victim of a crime. It's anonymous and doesn't ask any personal information (name, address, etc.).
Think about the questions and answer them honestly. Some are drug/gang related but again they don't know who you are so be honest to get a good assessment of your risk of being raped, robbed, beatened, murdered or burglarized.
Post your answers and thoughts.
https://secure.moses.com/www.rateyourrisk.org/beaten.html

https://secure.moses.com/www.rateyourrisk.org/murder.html

https://secure.moses.com/www.rateyourrisk.org/burglary.html

Mine:
Beaten: Your total is 31.

Murder: Your total is 10.

Burglary: Your total is -21.

I had to think twice about it all, especially burglary ... since I live with my parents and they are deaf themselves. We wouldn't hear glass being broken or even a door kicked in... vibrations MIGHT wake one of us up... (hope it's me) but... they're elderly and fixed income and I am on low income so affording high or even low-tech anti-burglary devices is not an option at present.
Still my parents have lived here over 30 years and the police/fire/ambulance KNOWS they're deaf and their response time is amazingly quick. We have a fire-ambulance station less than 2 blocks away and police patrol heavily in this area.

Beaten: Your total is 9.

Murder:Your total is 12.

Burglary:Your total is -5.

:D

I wouldn't bother about worrying on hearing because thieves tend to try to be ultra quiet. If they (Thieves) see double paned or triple paned windows they won't dare break it because it does make sounds.

I am not going over that link, however I do know the risk here. I live in suburb-like community which is in the city and I do not live far from bad area, would be far if walk by foot, and my area is somewhat hidden which means it is not obvious to general traffic. I have had some friends trouble finding my home. My area did have some break ins and vandalism, not too often which is good thing. I do have nice neighborhood.

I prefer have dogs, it is best because thieves wants to be ultra quiet yet couldn't be quieter for dogs. Also, my wife is stay home which reduces chance of being burglarized. Most burglars prefers no one's home.

DHB

Murder is 47: You are probably a middle class person who faces a normal (low) risk of murder in today's society.

Didn't do the burglary one, I doubt anyone wants to steal my bags of clothes :|

Wow, this was definitely uplifting and I just can't wait to go hiking with a fellow gal pal :D

Very interesting!....

Beaten = 14
Murdered = 32
Burgularized = 2

I think that my many years of living and working in a big city, working night shift, and especially at a Newspaper kept me well-informed of all the risks involved....Always "Be Aware/Alert" of ur surroundings, stay out of high-crime areas, never answer the door until you know who it is and always have enuf gas in ur car, never stop at night to get gas.

Beaten 14
Murder -12
Burglary 45

We live in a med-high crime area, but we keep the house locked all the time.

Beaten=4
Murder=40
Burglary=17

41 for beaten
25 for burglary
25 for murder

What's funny about this is...
I live in a town that has a better than the national average for crime rates and such.

And my activities makes me at danger.. Ah well.

Beaten 48
Murder 68
Burglary 104

Hm, only people who ever did these things to me were supposed to love me. How bout that...

Beaten 48
Murder 68
Burglary 104

Hm, only people who ever did these things to me were supposed to love me. How bout that...

FINALLY! I was shifty-eyed in this forum until you came along, whew.

twenty_one_with_a_hot_pink_bulls_eye_on_the_back_tshirt-p235399836766255802tr92_210.jpg

Beaten 31

Murder 20

Burglary 26

And yes, I've observed that when these crimes occur they generally are perpetrated by "friends and family". Once in a while I hear about a neighbor doing something criminal to someone, but usually they know the person responsible.

Back