What are you thinking about? Part VIII

The mention of Pinning is something that I associate with someone becoming an RN (nurse).

I'm pretty sure Botts knew that... she was replying to the conversation that started with AC's mention of a monk-tress and Cappy wondering what that was leading to AC's comment "I'll leave that to your imagination...leading to... Bott's humorous comment...............

*wanders off to dinner*

I'm pretty sure Botts knew that... she was replying to the conversation that started with AC's mention of a monk-tress and Cappy wondering what that was leading to AC's comment "I'll leave that to your imagination...leading to... Bott's humorous comment...............

*wanders off to dinner*
Actually it all started with what AC thought convocation referred to which makes Bott's post fit right in with the thought processes that followed.

I agree that, "convocation" started this hot mess. The monk-tress thingy was no help what so ever.
Since she thought a convocation had something to do with monks and monks are men and my daughter is a women, she made a female name for monk - monk-tress

This is too funny. I was just reading up on the pinning ceremony and came across this

The earliest record of pinning ceremonies being used in the nursing community was during the Crusades of the 12th century. Monks participated in similar rituals with the Hospital of St. John where they agreed to treat wounded Crusaders.

http://www.nursedegree.net/faq/what-is-a-nurse-pinning-ceremony/

I agree that, "convocation" started this hot mess. The monk-tress thingy was no help what so ever. :)

Lol. I hereby petition Webster to add a new word to their dictionary. I think it's only fitting.

Lol. I hereby petition Webster to add a new word to their dictionary. I think it's only fitting.
Okay,...AC you owe us an explanation as to your made up word "monk-tress" All eyes are on you now.

Well I get confused easy :P

Pfft don't put pressure on the woman Cappy. We can imagine whatever the word is :)

Well I get confused easy :P

Pfft don't put pressure on the woman Cappy. We can imagine whatever the word is :)
Well... That is what I said earlier that it's a made-up word. I invite anyone to use their imagination as to what it is. Kind of like Game of Thrones (I love that violent show :lol: )

AC, Our imaginations are fried. We went thru convocation, pinned, and monk-tress. The latter no one really knows but YOU. Fess up. :)

i have nothing to Fess. I know nothing. (Yvitte)
Sgt-Schultz-I-Know-Nothing.jpg

Back