What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Looking forward to seeing the CA kids and grandkids tomorrow. Not looking forward to finding a parking spot for daughter's Pinning (convocation).

Not sure of the size of the city where the Pinning will be held. But got to thinking if there might be a park and ride lot that would be easier than trying to part on campus.

Not sure of the size of the city where the Pinning will be held. But got to thinking if there might be a park and ride lot that would be easier than trying to part on campus.
Don't you think I'm smart enough to have thought of all the options. :rolleyes: It's going to be crazy no matter what.

Her university is in the middle of the city. The convocations are spread out, but there's going to be cars and people all over.
This weekend is the "avoid the city" weekend for those who live in and around it. I know because we used to live there. I still live close to it but am now on the side of it where I don't need to go near it.

What is a convocation?
Good question. Without looking it up, I'd say it's where the different colleges within a university have their own little ceremonies. The commencement will be Saturday. That's when all the students get their diplomas. It's optional and my daughter has chosen not to do that, which is ok with me. I think she and her bf are going up to NY for his sister's graduation on Saturday.

Flea markets and bike sales are both great. I don't have to worry about trying 2-3x as hard as others to fit in. I hate Deaf events. I don't care whether they're coffee chats or fundraising events. No one likes me. People only like me if I can sell bikes. If I can't, I'm useless.

Flea markets and bike sales are both great. I don't have to worry about trying 2-3x as hard as others to fit in. I hate Deaf events. I don't care whether they're coffee chats or fundraising events. No one likes me. People only like me if I can sell bikes. If I can't, I'm useless.
This is NOT true at all ! If you keep feeling this way it's going to made it hard to met people .

That's pretty weird. It doesn't make any sense to like someone for selling bikes. If it's true you need to get some hobbies and interests that would help you make friends.

Nobody is going to like you for selling bikes. If that's your idea of a popularity plan, you are going to be terribly lonely.

As for no one liking you at deaf events, that has to be due to your aura of doom and gloom. That's kind of contagious and healthy people will run a mile.

The only thing that can better your life at this point is to get some counseling and get a good prescription medication to help combat your depression.

The older I get, the less desirable I get. The older I get, the less wanted I'm. I'm not worth a damn.
Not true.

The older we get, we change our interests and direct our energies differently, which appeals to a different group of people.

Selling bikes has nothing to do with likability. Your attitude either draws people to you or pushes them away. If you have a pleasant upbeat attitude and show interest and concern for others, that attracts similar people. Negative attitudes either push people away or attract only other people who want to share in complaining and moaning.

Speaking of bicycles, my Schwinn Southport, rear brakes fell off and parts are missing. Only bike shop near me is owned by someone with a bad attitude. Makes me second guess going there for help.

For those of you wondering: Schwinn Southport, same colors as mine. (stock photo)
k2-_c207073a-e9ac-454a-8764-1bde547439e4.v1.jpg

Not true.

The older we get, we change our interests and direct our energies differently, which appeals to a different group of people.

She's right. To add.. the less you like yourself the less others will too. (believe me... been there done that though I managed to fake pretty well when I was younger. Now due to certain events in my life I'm happier (well as happy as I can get...) and like myself a lot more- thus I am able to trust myself with interacting with people. To be sure- I don't have many friends that I hold close but do have friends on a lower level (there's an interesting article/'video' I saw a while ago that described 'friends levels').

Schwinn bikes.. Oh how I miss them.. I grew up with them. No idea what happened to my 10 speed schwinn- I stopped riding so long the tires went flat and disintegrated. Would love to get back to riding but not so sure anymore lol.

I'll leave that to your imagination. Have at it and tell us what you come up with.
I admit googling "tress" Womans long hair/locks. So, how about a hippy monkey? Female monkey w/tress on the street corner? Thats all i got.

This kind of negativity doesn't help you or anyone here. Please read Bottesini and Reba's post... go seek counseling. Your negativity doesn't attract women, women get turned off by this.

Back