What are you thinking about? Part VIII

I liked fried when I was a kid, now I hate them... Come to think of it, someone must have just crawled across the dessert and was really hungry to try Okra....lol

LOL...Not too many people care for Okra...or Asparagus. I like 'em both. As for Squash?...ewww...hate that.

LOL...Not too many people care for Okra...or Asparagus. I like 'em both. As for Squash?...ewww...hate that.
I like okra if it's breaded and fried. I also like asparagus and squash (all kinds but crooked neck summer is my favorite).

Funny, I love squash very much. :D

I like okra if it's breaded and fried. I also like asparagus and squash (all kinds but crooked neck summer is my favorite).

Non-fried okra is ok but Whole 30 require okras to be non-fried or bread with almond flour only, that tastes very differently, not awful, hehe.

:P to okra but like asparagus and collard greens. Though it has been well over 20 years since I had collard greens- used to buy a "lunch box" from one of my co-workers- I think her church sold them. Yum- fried chicken (light not super crunchy), mac & cheese, collard greens, roll... probably mashed potatoes. I can't remember what else. What was interesting..."southern cooking" in Pennsylvania lol.

I've never had collard greens so I don't know what that is, but the rest of that meal sounds good!!!

A disadvantage of being an early riser. My TV station plays infomercials at this time on weekends. I usually sit in bed for 30-45 mins checking my forums on my phone and watching the news before I get up for the day.

I'm much like you, although I might be more of a never-get-to-sleep-in-the-first-place. Frustrating!

Sorry I missed the okra squash conversation :( Got a lot of those growing up, to the point I would get sick of it. We had a garden and for a while most of our meals involved potatoes, squash and string beans. Good in moderation, but after 3, 4, 5 days start turning into weeks it gets old. Mom was big on the crock pot and making stew. At some point it was no longer beef stew - she called it prairie dog stew to make it sound more interesting. But oh yeah, some fried squash in the vegetables with fried steak, potatoes and gravy.

I have to clean up the house. Really dreading it. It's not horrible, I just hate doing it sometimes. At least I'm not hoarding.

Sorry I missed the okra squash conversation :( Got a lot of those growing up, to the point I would get sick of it. We had a garden and for a while most of our meals involved potatoes, squash and string beans. Good in moderation, but after 3, 4, 5 days start turning into weeks it gets old. Mom was big on the crock pot and making stew. At some point it was no longer beef stew - she called it prairie dog stew to make it sound more interesting. But oh yeah, some fried squash in the vegetables with fried steak, potatoes and gravy.
You didn't miss it, even if you did someone will revive it 5 years from now...lol

Back