What are you thinking about? Part VIII

we have mice and various small mammals, also lots of frogs and toads. At night we often have frogs on the windows/patio doors. Since the patio doors lead to the backyard, the dogs go in and out that way. I always have to check and see if there are frogs on the patio and patio doors before I open them and take dogs out. Last night we had a large green frog right in the path where I would take the girls <dogs> out so I stepped outside and gently nudged him out of the way. AC we have water too but it's back behind the fence line. Don't think either of my girls would go in if they could access it, though my big girl would be more brave if someone else went in ahead of her. :)

We have 5 acres. So we have a very large (narrow) pond on the back end, and two smaller ones on both east and west sides of the house. Do you remember the pics on FB when I went paddle boarding? That is the biggest of the 3. And it's really long! That's where I lost my flip flops. The mud took them away. :)

we have about 3 all total, some of which the dogs don't have access to, there's a waterway behind the fence line. Yup, I do remember those pictures, looked like fun! oh, but oops about your flip flops - I can picture - squish squish, there they go.... the mud and for lack of a better description - slime - in the waterway behind us is where my hub got stuck with his ATV. He didn't realize it was so....slurpy.... :)

I haven't seen a lot of frogs or toads in my yard , I will see one after a good rain storm but we haven't got a lot of rain this summer. They're cute and I won't let my dog go after them . I will let my dog bug the chipmunks b/c they're trying to get into our building through the drain pipe.

yeah I don't let my girls go after the frogs etc..my youngest girl will go little mammals in their holes, which we do have in the yard. Once she tried to demolish a mole trapped in the window well. I managed to get her away from there and took her in the house; several hours later, I checked first before letting her outside and the mole was gone. She went right back to the window well to check it out when I released her outside-

The chipmunks have dug a hole right next to a drain pipe and a cat will sit there waiting for one to come out and my dog will go after the cat ! UGH! I have no idea if the cat is homeless , but I have found dead small animals around so it could be the cat just like to hunt for fun. My dog love to poke his nose into the chipmunks holes

Lots of animals here. The normal country stuff - snakes, mice, lizards, birds, toads and such. There's actually a toad family that lives under my lawnmower. When I take the tarp off, they hop off (usually). Lots of farms nearby, so foxes, possum, raccoon, deer, skunk, groundhog, .... Sometimes the domesticated things get loose and we get a cow or horse wandering around. Not fun cleaning up after those visits :(

Lots of animals here. The normal country stuff - snakes, mice, lizards, birds, toads and such. There's actually a toad family that lives under my lawnmower. When I take the tarp off, they hop off (usually). Lots of farms nearby, so foxes, possum, raccoon, deer, skunk, groundhog, .... Sometimes the domesticated things get loose and we get a cow or horse wandering around. Not fun cleaning up after those visits :(
The toad family might be eating the bugs that are under the tarp. We had some deer in our yard a few time which is unusual and wild turkeys , foxes and coyotes. Some of my neighbors said they heard the animals howl at night , I would love to heard that too !

The toad family might be eating the bugs that are under the tarp. We had some deer in our yard a few time which is unusual and wild turkeys , foxes and coyotes. Some of my neighbors said they heard the animals howl at night , I would love to heard that too !
Oh yeah, that could be. There aren't many ants and crickets under the deck. I missed getting a really good picture of a hawk yesterday. It glided directly overhead while I was waiting with my daughter for the bus. Not very high up, either. A lot of small birds hand out on the power lines going through the farm, so it's a pretty good feeding spot for them.

Oh yeah, that could be. There aren't many ants and crickets under the deck. I missed getting a really good picture of a hawk yesterday. It glided directly overhead while I was waiting with my daughter for the bus. Not very high up, either. A lot of small birds hand out on the power lines going through the farm, so it's a pretty good feeding spot for them.
A Cooper hawk landed on a pole right in front of me and I have a crappy camera on my cell phone and none of my photos came out ! :( The hawk was beautiful , the your hawk was trying to get one of the birds on the wire. I remeber when were kids we set up a tent in our back yard and the next day it had insect on it I think they were drinking the water droplets on the tent.

I live in suburbs. I only see feral cats and dead mice surrounding my apartment. I haven't seen dead squirrels. Thank god. I guess they are too fast for cats.

Phone call at work. Don't want to say anymore just yet - but it's all good. :)

Saw a blurp about the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruling that black men who try to flee the police have legitimate reason to do so--based on reports. If these reports are overwhelmingly true, then the police need to make some changes; otherwise, this may be the death knell of civilization that our Constitution promotes.......

Saw a blurp about the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruling that black men who try to flee the police have legitimate reason to do so--based on reports. If these reports are overwhelmingly true, then the police need to make some changes; otherwise, this may be the death knell of civilization that our Constitution promotes.......
There is a huge problem in Massachusetts with racial issues , the head a school just quit b/c Black students weren't being taken serious about the racist remarks being said to them.

Back