What are you thinking about? Part VIII

I wish Alex created a list of banned members so we know what happened to them.

It did happen under old software but not happen with new software.

I joined one of forum that use same forum software as here but they can still displayed as "banned" status so Alex disabled it for some reasons.

I went to a doc visit prior, then went to an urgent care the doc gave me ear drops , finally went again to an urgent care for stronger medication bec the one previously didn't work.
If it doesn't heal , I need to go to my primary doctor.
I knew a woman that had an earache so her b/f brought her to an ENT doctor , the doctor said it was nothing to worry about and send her home.
That night the woman woke in horrible pain , her ear was bleeding and there was a thin red line going down her neck! Thanks goodness her b/f realize this dangerous and got her to ER fast. I was going to see that Dr. myself I didn't go after I heard about this

I knew a woman that had an earache so her b/f brought her to an ENT doctor , the doctor said it was nothing to worry about and send her home.
That night the woman woke in horrible pain , her ear was bleeding and there was a thin red line going down her neck! Thanks goodness her b/f realize this dangerous and got her to ER fast. I was going to see that Dr. myself I didn't go after I heard about this
In all fairness the infection may not have started until later. When my cat bit me (and it got infected) it took a full day for that to show up. You're pretty judgmental for NOT having been there in those circumstances.

That's scary! Oh my goodness! Good thing you didn't go see that doctor. I noticed a lot of young doctor where I go. The urgent care has lots of them lol

How do you guys know when someone is banned on the forum? I can't find anywhere that says banned.

With this software there's no outward sign the person is banned- except maybe the lack of a "start a conversation" link on their profile when you view it. 99% of the time- there are some who do block PMs. Downside with this software as with the old one you could tell who was banned (though not whether it was temporary or perm). Like Botti said though- usually grapevine as many may know somebody outside of AD.

I joined one of forum that use same forum software as here but they can still displayed as "banned" status so Alex disabled it for some reasons.

Could be that setting is set to off by default. That happens a lot.

Still messing with student enrollments. Crazy stuff, too. And work has been really hectic. Hope I don't wind up working all weekend.

WOW ! World News Tonight with David Muir has no CC on their web site . There was a neat story about WW2 vet I wanted to post.

Thinking about the wedding we are going to on Friday. Long drive, could be horrible traffic since it's Labor Day weekend.

Thinking there are some keyboards with the following letters worn off the keys.

GLMO

Kids, yesterday I was in the car trying to explain my 7 yo daughter that I am trying to learn ASL.

So I told her I m learning American Sign language.
Reply : what is sign language ?
Me : trying to explain what sign language is, so when she kind of captured the idea that you can understand things without words.I get this from her

So is there also a Sign country ?

I thought it was adorable :)

Last edited:
Kids, yesterday I was in the car trying to explain my 7 yo daughter that I am trying to learn ASL.

So I told her I m learning American Sign language.
Reply : what is sign language ?
Me : trying to explain what sign language is, so when she kind of captured the idea that you van understand things without words.I get this from her

So is there also a Sign country ?

I thought it was adorable :)
When my granddaughter was around 4 yo we were in the car and I told her she need to talk louder so I can hear here. She said she need a microphone !
LOL ! Kids do say the most adorable things . You could send that to Reader 's Digest I bet you could get money for this story.:)

How much fun I had paddle boarding yesterday. In the pond at the back of our land. One of the dogs went swimming with. I took pics of hubby and he took pics of me but all the ones of me are terrible lol.

How much fun I had paddle boarding yesterday. In the pond at the back of our land. One of the dogs went swimming with. I took pics of hubby and he took pics of me but all the ones of me are terrible lol.
Do you know how deep the deepest part is? How big, acreage-wise is your pond? How did it come to be? Is it a spring? Glad ya had fun...

Do you know how deep the deepest part is? How big, acreage-wise is your pond? How did it come to be? Is it a spring? Glad ya had fun...

We can walk all the way across. It's no more than 5 feet at its deepest point. It is a good-sized pond. I would say it's about 2 acres long but only about (maybe) 30-40 feet wide.

We can walk all the way across. It's no more than 5 feet at its deepest point. It is a good-sized pond. I would say it's about 2 acres long but only about (maybe) 30-40 feet wide.
I don't know what 2 acres long is but I get the idea.....nice stopping off point for waterfowl right about now or in a month or two, depending how the weather pushes them, right? Maybe not the big groups but stragglers, lol.....

I don't know what 2 acres long is but I get the idea.....nice stopping off point for waterfowl right about now or in a month or two, depending how the weather pushes them, right? Maybe not the big groups but stragglers, lol.....

They are here all spring/summer/fall as it is. We have canadian geese, eagles, hawks, sandhill cranes, and so on. They actually live here during the warmer months :) We have 5 acres. Hmm how to explain 2 acres. I tried to google it but it talkes about square mileage. I would say 2 acres long is about 1/2 mile? I'm really not sure ... it looks like it!

You are right I think AC, if I understand correctly the surface is about 2 acres and if it would be 40 ft wide everywhere, it would be 0,41 mile.

I had to convert to try and grasp the size anyway, thinking in meters here

You are right I think AC, if I understand correctly the surface is about 2 acres and if it would be 40 ft wide everywhere, it would be 0,41 mile.

I had to convert to try and grasp the size anyway, thinking in meters here
The .41 sounds about right. Overall we have 5 acres but I couldn't begin to guess what that is in mileage.

Wondering why I rarely sleep nowadays. Must be the age crisis everyone was talking about causing insomnia.

Back