What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Are you feeling okay still? That's great it went so smoothly.

That it's cool Ghostbusters is being filmed in Boston but it being made to look like NYC. I wonder why it was not filmed in NY then.

That it's cool Ghostbusters is being filmed in Boston but it being made to look like NYC. I wonder why it was not filmed in NY then.

Who cares? A lot of shows and movies are not filmed in areas that look like they are.

They do that a lot either to budget concerns, permission by the city itself to be able to film in the city or whatever location in the city.

Frankly most cities all look the same to me minus any historic monuments that I may recognize like Washington Monument or Golden Gate Bridge.

More and more they're filming on set lots and just 'create a city' or use green screen and insert already filmed footage.

I thought today was Tuesday...shocked that tomorrow is Friday already. Surgery date is coming way too fast. Starting to panic and second guessing myself.

Best of luck on your surgery Angel! I know you will be fine as you have many people thinking about you :)

Sad tomorrow is Friday... last day here (and I still haven't gotten to the beach- oh well...better for my ankle not to I suppose lol). Maybe I will get to come back next year :).

Best of luck on your surgery Angel! I know you will be fine as you have many people thinking about you :)

Sad tomorrow is Friday... last day here (and I still haven't gotten to the beach- oh well...better for my ankle not to I suppose lol). Maybe I will get to come back next year :).

Ahhhhh thank you very much, I'm so lucky to have great friends here on AD.

Vacations take so much time to plan, pack etc. but seem to go by so quickly. I hope your ankle feels better soon. Sounds like me missing the beach when we went to Maui for our anniversary....broke my leg on day two.

everything will be good angel best of luck..you don't need luck bc everything will be fine

Our poor doggie tore a part of her foot pad. I think from chasing tennis balls while hubby and I were playing tennis. She's now wearing a Hello Kitty! bandaid :) it doesn't seem serious enough to take her to the vet, it's not bleeding but I bet it hurts a little.

Was walking my little doggie the other day...spotted a big piece of glass on the sidewalk. Wearing flip-flops and being stupid I just kicked it out of the way, not wanting my doggie to step on it....Cut the heck out of my big toe...and didn't even feel it....:shock:....walked on and felt something "slippery"...was my toe bleeding...Now it's all wrapped up, not too bad....Seems the older I get, the less pain I feel....:hmm:

I notice that too. I don't seem to mind pain as much as others do.

BUT ...

Did you ever read that redheads actually tolerate pain better than any other hair type? I wonder if that really is just a myth. I have a hard time buying that theory, but ...

Anyways. I am a redhead. So maybe I'm just a little lucky at pain tolerance. :)

I notice that too. I don't seem to mind pain as much as others do.

BUT ...

Did you ever read that redheads actually tolerate pain better than any other hair type? I wonder if that really is just a myth. I have a hard time buying that theory, but ...

Anyways. I am a redhead. So maybe I'm just a little lucky at pain tolerance. :)

May be some truth in that theory tho'...all my family are redheads...me the blonde...but oldest sister has been thru a hell of a lot and still so cheerful. She has a horrible cut on her foot, was about 7 or 9 I feel...(the heel of her foot by some glass she stepped on)....The scar is still there and the heel is indented somewhat...didn't see a doctor or stitches....Very bad cut and looks awful. She almost bled to death...But back in those "old days"...we never saw a doctor for anything...we just sucked it up.

saw experiment done with redheads and bigger % took more pain than the others

We had a meat slicer at home and I was slicing some meat and talking to someone and when I looked down I saw that I had slice my left thumb
really bad . I was bleeding badly , I didn't go to the doctor to get it sewed up ,my thumb has a big indentation today . But I did have to have my middle finger sewed back on .

Day started early with the door bell ringing.....Jehovah's Witness......they're back!!!! Ignored them like usual and later went for brunch down by the river. Went on a three mile walk on a very beautiful day. Will be warming up again later this week, cooler weather was nice while it lasted.

Finally received a letter from the insurance company of the driver who totaled my car last July. The adjuster says she needs to talk to me to find out my side of the story. OMG...my side of the story is what the police report states. Plus, when we filed the claim we had to write out exactly what happened. Stupid people!!!!!

@ RR You could have some nerve damage and not be able to feel pain , if I wore flip flop now I would be in a body cast ! LOL! My balance is getting worst all the time. That glass was real dirty so I guess you washed your foot real good.

I took Marty for a second walk today and we went to a different park and someone had put up a memorial plaque for their dog . It was next to a new tree , I guess dogs can pee in memory of the dog. :aw: There was 2 older women there too a mother and daughter , the mother was hoping to see some dogs to pet so I let her pet Marty . He laid down right next to her feet and the woman loved it. My dog does not do this with people but I guess he could tell the woman really liked dogs. I was glad I took that second walk it made the woman happy to get to pet a dog before going home .

@
I took Marty for a second walk today and we went to a different park and someone had put up a memorial plaque for their dog . It was next to a new tree , I guess dogs can pee in memory of the dog. :aw: There was 2 older women there too a mother and daughter , the mother was hoping to see some dogs to pet so I let her pet Marty . He laid down right next to her feet and the woman loved it. My dog does not do this with people but I guess he could tell the woman really liked dogs. I was glad I took that second walk it made the woman happy to get to pet a dog before going home .

Ahhhhhh that is sad about the dog passing. It was really nice of you to let the lady have time with Marty. Sounds like they both enjoyed it. Dogs are amazing and seem to understand all our different feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back