What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about clueless recruiters who can't understand "it's not the phone connection, it's my hearing" when I tell them why calling me back won't help. And that's after I told him in an email that I prefer to "talk" via emails because I sometimes have trouble hearing in the phone. Sheesh

Thinking about clueless recruiters who can't understand "it's not the phone connection, it's my hearing" when I tell them why calling me back won't help. And that's after I told him in an email that I prefer to "talk" via emails because I sometimes have trouble hearing in the phone. Sheesh

Oh, doesn't that just make you boil? Happens to me too, ask them nicely, this is any correspondence, to please e-mail because I don't use the phone, next thing you know...."ring, ring" they are calling me. grrrrrr! :lol:

Oh, doesn't that just make you boil? Happens to me too, ask them nicely, this is any correspondence, to please e-mail because I don't use the phone, next thing you know...."ring, ring" they are calling me. grrrrrr! :lol:

I will tell a person I am HOH and can't hear them while talking on the phone and the person will say to me " I can hear you just fine!" WTF! I will say to the idiot " How does that help me ? " This happen a lot and I hate making phones calls to new places .

Ahh yes...

and my all time favorite...

- Get email from recruiter about job
- I reply with resume and mention that preferred communication is email and I purposefully leave off my phone number
- get a reply "please call me" or "please give me a number that I can call you at"

gaaah.

Some recruiters are better than others and are ok with the VRS calls (usually). I almost want to think that many times there is a communication gap because the recruiter's English skills isn't the best...

Ahh yes...

and my all time favorite...

- Get email from recruiter about job
- I reply with resume and mention that preferred communication is email and I purposefully leave off my phone number
- get a reply "please call me" or "please give me a number that I can call you at"

gaaah.

Some recruiters are better than others and are ok with the VRS calls (usually). I almost want to think that many times there is a communication gap because the recruiter's English skills isn't the best...

And sometimes, I think they just don't read our replies.
Haven't heard back from the guy I tried to talk with yesterday. Trying to come up with something to say to him in an email I'll send later today. I don't really care if he threw my resume in the trash can, but will let him know he's discriminating against me (let him think I'll sue him, maybe).

About where to go to find neon orange vests for the dogs. It's hunting season and hubby hears hunters very close to our yard and I don't want the dogs hurt or shot at.

About where to go to find neon orange vests for the dogs. It's hunting season and hubby hears hunters very close to our yard and I don't want the dogs hurt or shot at.

Do you have a pet store anywhere near you? I'm sure they carry them. Lots of people in my neighborhood put them on pets.

I also wear a flame orange vest on my walks, lots of hunters in my neck of the woods.

People should not wear anything white if they're planning on walking in or near the woods . I think most people heard about the woman who was in her backyard and she had on 'white ' gloves and some damn fool got so trigger happy about shooting a deer he shot and killed the woman. And the cops did not press charges against the fool.

Thanks everyone. We will go looking tonight. There's a number of sporting goods stores like Gander Mountain near us, so we'll need to go look.

Thinking I failed miserably at another attempt to get some Christmas shopping done. I walked the mall and came up with nothing expect a few things for me....that I did not need. Mall was pretty much empty when I went, great sales too.

Thanks everyone. We will go looking tonight. There's a number of sporting goods stores like Gander Mountain near us, so we'll need to go look.

oh yea gander mountain i have not been at there but heard about it.. hope it comes with LED lights that would be an badass! :lol:

How some members on AD always seem to have something negative to say about other ADers' posts. Sad to think they must have miserable lives.

Thinking only one more doctor's appt/exam/what-have-you for this year. They all seem to be within a month of each other any more.

Thinking I failed miserably at another attempt to get some Christmas shopping done. I walked the mall and came up with nothing expect a few things for me....that I did not need. Mall was pretty much empty when I went, great sales too.

I heard stores were starting their sales early this year , before black Friday b/c they're trying to compete with the online shopping. I better get out too before it too late , we only have a few stores in my small city.

And sometimes, I think they just don't read our replies.
Haven't heard back from the guy I tried to talk with yesterday. Trying to come up with something to say to him in an email I'll send later today. I don't really care if he threw my resume in the trash can, but will let him know he's discriminating against me (let him think I'll sue him, maybe).

Sent the guy an email (no, did not imply discrimination) and never heard back from him. These recruiters are like car salesmen. Just want to get their commissions. Guess he felt I wouldn't be a good candidate to send to the client because I can't hear well...on the phone. Unless I get a really soft spoken or heavy accented interviewer, I do ok at interviews (well, at least hearing wise).

We always used bright orange collars for the hunting dogs and its seen easy. If your hubby heard them the deer heard them too and they won't get much :laugh2:

Buy yourself some things and wrap with a different paper and put on the tag "To: Angel, From: Santa" then act surprised when you open them :D

Do you have a pet store anywhere near you? I'm sure they carry them. Lots of people in my neighborhood put them on pets.

I also wear a flame orange vest on my walks, lots of hunters in my neck of the woods.

A pet store near me has bright orange bandanas for dogs to wearing . Maybe a sport store carry vest for hunting dogs to wears .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back