What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
did my CI surgeon also put in a whistling tea kettle into my ear? That's what I'm hearing right now (tinnitus) haha. kind of annoying, but nothing I can do about it.

yeah I don't like that either.

On top of that after doing some reading about locked vs unlocked phone it seems it isn't really worth it to just be able to buy a phone and take it to whatever carrier we want because the carriers operate on different networks (AT&T and TMobile are GSM while Verizon and Sprint are CDMA...).

Pain in the patootie. May just stick with TMobile- have to look and see how much it will cost to upgrade then change my plan to a cheaper one.

It's the same with Verizon cable too you have to sign up for 2 years .
It's not in my city yet so I would have to have a dish setup on my deck as I can't have it on the condo roof .

funny-dog-halloween-costume.jpg

This would be a great costume for my dog . LOL!

I'm thinking about how to get rid of trespassers on my condo property. Long story short, I live in a condo and for about a year, I've been harassed by a group of college age kids, namely two guys and their muscle cars. They use the condo parking lot as a hang out (there's a pond by our building) and they just use the lot and dump their trash, hang out in cars facing my window and drag race off the lot. They're usually so loud, they wake people. Last night the two guys showed up in their muscle cars and revved the engine to get my attention - sometimes they beat the horn to get me to come to the window.

I've called the cops several times so they know me and see me clearly from where they're parked. If I kept my windows shut and the shades down all the time, I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue, but I actually like to let the air in and see the swans so since I live here, it's my right to have my bedroom windows open if I want. The first few times the cops came out, checked their driver's license but they stayed after the cops left. I found out they said they were "waiting for a friend." The second time the cops came by they said "they just moved in." They're 18 years old. At no time did the cop asked them which building and what unit but I was spoken to afterwards and the cop said he didn't know why they're parked outside my window doing this "but it's a free parking lot." Translation, they'll do nothing. BTW, isn't it illegal to lie to the police?

Every weekend, they drive onto the lot, park by my window, make a lot of noise and drag race off. Never changes. They were so disruptive tonight they woke my parents, who say they'll mention to the condo association, but I expect nothing from this.

I'm planning on getting a night vision video camera now and contacting the condo manager, but I expect nothing to come of that. The condo association is a joke. I've confronted them, called the police and still it keeps happening. If I could afford to move I would. I just love the money I'm going to need to spend on this never ending harassment. I wonder if I should contact a lawyer or if I can afford one....

Laura

I'm thinking about how to get rid of trespassers on my condo property. Long story short, I live in a condo and for about a year, I've been harassed by a group of college age kids, namely two guys and their muscle cars. They use the condo parking lot as a hang out (there's a pond by our building) and they just use the lot and dump their trash, hang out in cars facing my window and drag race off the lot. They're usually so loud, they wake people. Last night the two guys showed up in their muscle cars and revved the engine to get my attention - sometimes they beat the horn to get me to come to the window.

I've called the cops several times so they know me and see me clearly from where they're parked. If I kept my windows shut and the shades down all the time, I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue, but I actually like to let the air in and see the swans so since I live here, it's my right to have my bedroom windows open if I want. The first few times the cops came out, checked their driver's license but they stayed after the cops left. I found out they said they were "waiting for a friend." The second time the cops came by they said "they just moved in." They're 18 years old. At no time did the cop asked them which building and what unit but I was spoken to afterwards and the cop said he didn't know why they're parked outside my window doing this "but it's a free parking lot." Translation, they'll do nothing. BTW, isn't it illegal to lie to the police?

Every weekend, they drive onto the lot, park by my window, make a lot of noise and drag race off. Never changes. They were so disruptive tonight they woke my parents, who say they'll mention to the condo association, but I expect nothing from this.

I'm planning on getting a night vision video camera now and contacting the condo manager, but I expect nothing to come of that. The condo association is a joke. I've confronted them, called the police and still it keeps happening. If I could afford to move I would. I just love the money I'm going to need to spend on this never ending harassment. I wonder if I should contact a lawyer or if I can afford one....

Laura
Maybe it's not a "free parking lot" depending on your condo rules. In that case, the association should enforce the rules but if you have a weak association that might be a problem.

Maybe it's not a "free parking lot" depending on your condo rules. In that case, the association should enforce the rules but if you have a weak association that might be a problem.

As I've pointed out to the cops, there are two no trespassing signs post by the pond and at the entrance of the condo. Personally, I think the cop that responded and fed me that line was an idiot.

Thinking good thoughts....and going shopping late evening for some Cargo Shorts for my middle son...seems every pair he has...has paint on 'em!...Came over yesterday with a pair on with paint...so I made a comment to him...(in one ear and out the other)...he just grabs any pair of pants and rushes to work...

Also thinking of The Walking Dead tonight!

Not thinking good thoughts because my son has a baseball game at 1 and the winds are strong outside. I am worried about my allergies. They are already acting up now after last night's event.

Laura

Can you NOT do things that make it obvious to them that you care what they are doing for awhile? I get the impression that a good part of the attraction is the rise they get out of you.

I'm thinking about the baby lizard that is hiding in my family room. Every time I try to catch it, it hides under a piece of furniture. When TCS gets home maybe we can corner it together.

They are tricky to catch because you can't grab them by the tail. :lol:

Laura

I live on a dead end street and there is a turn around at the end of the street for people to use . We have people speeding through our driveway to turn around all the time and I hate it. This is risk to some of my neighbors that are very old and my condo will do nothing about it. We also have some dog owners that walk their dogs and let their poop and pee on our lawn. I told one woman that was private property and she said "No it wasn't The fool think it's public property , the sidewalk is public property but not people lawns. I would love to move too but I really hate condos and not able to care for a house on my own anymore with all the snow we get . I could if I lived in California . Condo association are a joke they're only as good as the people running them.

@ Reba the baby lizard tail would break off ,right ? I am thinking it's time to dig out my winter gears , hats, gloves etc. UGH!

I'm thinking about the baby lizard that is hiding in my family room. Every time I try to catch it, it hides under a piece of furniture. When TCS gets home maybe we can corner it together.

They are tricky to catch because you can't grab them by the tail. :lol:

I remember those lizards from when I lived in GA in the 50's/60's.

Hi Laura, it sounds like these boys have parents that have more respect from the local police than you do. You are a local tax payer and pay for police protection. You have some kind of elected representative for your district . The police force is ruled by politics. You are a member of a group of concerned citizens trying to deal with a problem using some discretion but it is an escalating problem. If the phone doesn't get you there then a personal appearnce come next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back