What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about how people say Spanish and Romanian are the same.... HOW?! I'mm reading a "You CAN Learn Spanish" book as we speak and IT IS NOT THE SAME!!!!! Here I thought Spanish would be easy but NooOoOoOOoooOOooooooo.... :roll: Just keep thinking, extra pay, extra pay, extra pay.... :doh:

Only Spanish sentences I know are..

"Penguinos explosivos!"

"Mi cuchara es demasiado grande"

"Mucho grande futbol"

I know a little more Spanish, but it's obviously a very small amount.

How I will survive my Cultural Anthropology class because I"m a slow learner and we're on Chapter 4 already and we have class twice a week for 1 1/2 hours.... we started on Jan 7....

We got to Facetime with our daughter in Ireland today. I held up a candle and we sang happy birthday to her. So nice to see her, she looks very relaxed after their visit to Spain. Murphy, her dog, was so excited to see me and hear my voice. He gave me a big wet kiss on my daughters computer monitor. I miss them all so much.

I used to live down the road from this and I'd highly suggest your daughter visit it... Rock of Cashel

Only Spanish sentences I know are..

"Penguinos explosivos!"

"Mi cuchara es demasiado grande"

"Mucho grande futbol"

I know a little more Spanish, but it's obviously a very small amount.

I can get most of that.... just common sense though. I speak about a 3 or 4 year old's level of Spanish... :laugh2: People told me that it would be easy and that Spanish is similar to Romanian.... NO IT'S NOT! I knew they were full of beans!!! :mad: It's frustrating. The only thing similar Spanish has to Romanian is the sentence structure and that Spanish has masculine and feminine words. However, Romanian has neuter words too, but Spanish doesn't... omg I'm pulling out my hair.... :mad:

I can get most of that.... just common sense though. I speak about a 3 or 4 year old's level of Spanish... :laugh2: People told me that it would be easy and that Spanish is similar to Romanian.... NO IT'S NOT! I knew they were full of beans!!! :mad: It's frustrating. The only thing similar Spanish has to Romanian is the sentence structure and that Spanish has masculine and feminine words. However, Romanian has neuter words too, but Spanish doesn't... omg I'm pulling out my hair.... :mad:

Learn Latin, I understand its closer to Romanian. I took 4 years of Latin, but don't know Romanian at all, so I have no basis for comparison.

But yeah, my Spanish sucks!

Thinking there are some goofy people here.. ;)

I took 4 years of Latin in high school then 2 years of Spanish in college. Forgot most of the Spanish oops.

Also worrying on job hunting but hoping on 2 possible ones that popped up the last two weeks *cross fingers*

and I should really be sleeping...

I actually want to learn latin... hey mew seriously if you need help with spanish i can help you.

Learn Latin, I understand its closer to Romanian. I took 4 years of Latin, but don't know Romanian at all, so I have no basis for comparison.

But yeah, my Spanish sucks!

Are latină arata ceva de genul asta? Pentru că dacă nu, eu sunt destul de mult terminat.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Taking Latin, does this look like anything you can understand? This of course what I typed, is Romanian. I have compared Latin to Romanian in the past and it's still WAY off. Being Romanian is its own language pretty much, it's not really going to be easy to compare anything to it. :doh: Counting in Spanish, Uno, Dos, tres, quatro, cinco seise, siete, ocho, nueve, diaz. ( sp ) But they sound how they're spelled. Counting in Romanian. Unu, doi, trei, patru, ( all sound as they're spelled however cinci ( five ) is pronounced Chinch, șase (six) is pronounced Shasay, șapte ( seven ) pronounced Shaptey, Opt ( eight ) nouă ( nine ) Pronounced almost like Noah, zece ( ten ) pronounced Zeychey. The ș in Romanian makes a Sh sound while the ț makes a ts sound and that's just a few letters for you. Our C is often a CH sound... I's at the end of words are usually silent unless it's ii and verious things like that with lots of other exceptions. J is pronounced ya usually... omg I could go on and on! I understand why my friend quit learning Romanian... :laugh2: So, from looking at Latin and Spanish, they do not seem to be similar at all to Romanian. Not to mention like I said, Romanian having neuter words and Latin and Spanish do not. :doh: It's just something I'm going to have to try Rosetta Stone for. :P

True. There are some words. Like just Mexico. Which has something called an acento. And the x sounds like a j. And well when the h has no sound which is most of time.

See I thought H was silent in most cases in Spanish. In Romanian, you pronounce the H 99.9% of the time. :P

Opps...did i say otherwise? I kena tto say the h os slient most of time. Unless paired off wih a c. Then it ch make kind of a shhh sound. Or well idk how to explain the other one.

Oo to help improve your spanish try saying..... parangaricutirimicuaro. Lol see if you get that one.

Oo to help improve your spanish try saying..... parangaricutirimicuaro. Lol see if you get that one.

That's okay, when you can say pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcaniconioză In Romanian..... we'll talk about your baby word there. :) ( Yes, this is a word, it is a lung condition that affects pit workers. ( 44 letters ) Don't challenge my language up against yours missy, huge words that sound like run on sentences are Romanian's specialties! :laugh2:

Wasnt trying to challenge it
But you should see my fiance trying to say that word you just spelled out. Lol

My doggie snores when she sleeps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back