What are you thinking about? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, I missed out..what happened with you?

I was in the hosipital for a week due to a couple of infections in my ulcer on my leg. I just came home yesterday.

I'm thinking the downside of advocacy for animals is being aware of too much. Just saw an undercover video of a pig farm in Iowa and now I'm feeling sick. It's just gruesome.

that's why I don't advocate much for large organizations. as they get bigger - they get politicized and along the way, they start slowly losing the sight of their original goal

Well it's diabetic related. They're prone to infections. Infections were what landed me in the hopsiptal.

What can you do to prevent that from happening again?

What can you do to prevent that from happening again?

Keep blood sugars under control and make sure that my wounds are dry and not take long soaks in the bathtub. It's very drying on the skin and makes the skin on my feet crack up.

I think my last infection happened as a result of my migraine headache. The only place that has total darkness in my apt is the bathroom with the tub and my bandage over my wound got soaked and my leg became infected as well. My migraines can last as long as 72 hours. I had to stay there for at least 12 hours. It doesn't happen often thank goodness and I prolly won't get another headache like this one till next year.

Now I am using plastic bags and tape to keep water out of my bandage when I take shower or baths.

that's why I don't advocate much for large organizations. as they get bigger - they get politicized and along the way, they start slowly losing the sight of their original goal

I don't advocate for large organizations.

oh my, deafskeptic... be careful! :grouphug:

I am thinking need to call the doc in the morning to get my ears cleaned the wax issue ugh! Busy day tmw

I am thinking need to call the doc in the morning to get my ears cleaned the wax issue ugh! Busy day tmw

dang - you still haven't gotten to it before?

I'm thinking: I'm chatting with an idiot....He asks me what am I studying and I tell him " ASL to become an interpreter to work with the hearing impaired " and the following happened:
[You]
I love it
[Idiot Dude]
u sure?
sounds boring :((
brb
[You]
it's the same thing as learning French and going to work translating in a place where they speak French only....the difference is that they can't hear. They are people like everyone else, have lives and stories to tell...

... -sighs- what an idiot....

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Awesome. Another 5:35 wake up and I'm trying to go back to sleep.

Wirelessly posted

Awesome. Another 5:35 wake up and I'm trying to go back to sleep.

:laugh2:...I get 'em too...I look at the clock...then turn to the left and look at my doggie...all sprawled out on her back, legs sticking up in the air...means she ain't gonna get up that early....so I go back to sleep, waiting for that "lick" from her to get up...time to pee-pee!

:laugh2:...I get 'em too...I look at the clock...then turn to the left and look at my doggie...all sprawled out on her back, legs sticking up in the air...means she ain't gonna get up that early....so I go back to sleep, waiting for that "lick" from her to get up...time to pee-pee!

It drives me crazy! No matter how late I stay up, I automatically wake up at the same time. :lol:

Thinking how I have to watch my diet this week for my wonderful (not) procedure next Tuesday. I just made chicken salad for my lunches this week and just realized I can't have celery. Guess I'll be picking at my food this week. :D

Thinking about how smithtr has a crush on me! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back