What are you thinking about? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so too! Glad your daughter is with you, Shel!

Thinking that I'm excited to meet someone from AD and show her a bit of my city today :) So glad we're having good weather!

I am thinking its been fun taking care of the condo and the pets :)

Gave much thought - what to post in the nothing thread.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

My hearing is improved again today..... I think I am closing in on what is causing this. I am charting everything.

Thinking I need to page TWA and make a date for a get together with him now that he is living in DC. :hmm:

Ooohh the suspense. What would cause your hearing to fluctuate??

Well fluctuations are part of Menieres but I really haven't trended this far upward in years. I was just able to hear Ewan McGregor on TV (unfortunately) and I remember that he is not easy to hear anyway. Normally I don't have the sound on TV at all because I can't understand anyone.

I think there are several things causing it but one thing I have noticed is that I hear MUCH better after a 30 minute steam. Of course that makes sense because you sweat out sodium and sodium is horrible for Menieres..... Although I though that was more about the vertigo part than the hearing part.

That's very interesting. Do you steam in a sauna or just in the shower? Fascinating to discover how our bodies react to different things.

Well fluctuations are part of Menieres but I really haven't trended this far upward in years. I was just able to hear Ewan McGregor on TV (unfortunately) and I remember that he is not easy to hear anyway. Normally I don't have the sound on TV at all because I can't understand anyone.

I think there are several things causing it but one thing I have noticed is that I hear MUCH better after a 30 minute steam. Of course that makes sense because you sweat out sodium and sodium is horrible for Menieres..... Although I though that was more about the vertigo part than the hearing part.

Just guessing that the sodium would retain fluids in your ears?? Steam expands and opens up your pores and helps you sweat so releases all the fluid or sodium. Makes sense.

Just one.... I had a labrynthectomy in one ear so I only have one ear that works.

Oh gosh I don't know that word. So for the one ear that does work . . If your theory is correct, are there meds you can take to minimize your sodium levels?

And, you have been considering a CI. For which ear would that be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back