What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am serious as the heart attack I flirt with everyday. Stop and listen to yourselves and think. I am not trying to guilt anyone. Just try and match up your beliefs to a BIGGER reality.

Why do you cause yourself to flirt with the possibility of having a heart attack? Do you want to die early? Self-esteem is not always dependent upon the body's size, however, that is not an excuse to ignore heath implications that can occur due to one's lifestyle.

Where do people get the idea that fat is a choice? I know skinny people that could not get fat no matter how hard they try. I know much larger people who could not get skinny no matter how hard they try. Not only that there is a good chance you do as well.
So why use the larger person as someone to poke fun at? Open displays of disgust is also right in there as a player. Discrimination is there too. Bullying right there in a big way. I remember being bullied because of my weight. Talk about hurtful.

People want to kick dirt on some one. When you have experienced bullying in all of its forms you get a real insight into human beings. I am not trying to guilt anybody. It is to a greater or lesser degree in all of us to be bad.

Where do people get the idea that fat is a choice? I know skinny people that could not get fat no matter how hard they try. I know much larger people who could not get skinny no matter how hard they try. Not only that there is a good chance you do as well.
So why use the larger person as someone to poke fun at? Open displays of disgust is also right in there as a player. Discrimination is there too. Bullying right there in a big way. I remember being bullied because of my weight. Talk about hurtful.

People want to kick dirt on some one. When you have experienced bullying in all of its forms you get a real insight into human beings. I am not trying to guilt anybody. It is to a greater or lesser degree in all of us to be bad.

so true...bullying is worse sort of treatment you can have,bully is coward..i can honestly say i never been a bully but have suffered at hands of them i thankful i can stand my ground with them.
i not sure how can get bullied on internet people do and it lead to suicide in young people,maybe i simplistic why just not block these awful people.
the weight problems my friend was very thin she got awful time at school but in the end she winner as everyone wanted be like her it became fashion not that she was following it she born that way....
if you having issues with these sort of people is there someone who could help can they be reported..

what i done today is have very determined three year old and i exhausted i feel my age

I remember my best friend, who was a "big" girl, and also my body-guard...she is still a "big" girl and eats like a bird....Thyroid problems...So guessing only you know why you are "so fat"?.....Feels bad that you were bullied. And I used to think the reason why "fat" people were that way because they couldn't stop eating so much....now I know the difference......

Yes sometimes being fat has medical causes. But MOST if the time it's a result of choices. It's not like someone decided one day, I'm going to be fat. But choices about what you eat and how you spend your time lead to either being fit or fat. It doesn't happen over night either, it's a cumulative effect of choices made.

America by and large is fat. And it's attitudes like that that help it along. Example, I cannot tell you how many times I've talked about my workouts and somebody has said "why do you workout? You don't need to lose weigh." See that's the problem I don't need to lose weight because I eat healthy and I exercise. Be fit doesn't just happen. This thought process that you working out is fir losing weight is one reason America is far.

Now let's start with the "curvy girls are better than skinny girls" campaign. This is awful for women. Fir one thing it's not empowering. It's not self esteem building. You're still comparing yourself to someone else and your tearing a group if people down to make yourself feel better about yourself. Let's face it, when they say "curvy" they mean chubby. If you look like J Lo you're curvy. Most the women calling them selves aren't curvy okay. And for the most part any woman that is smaller than you is skinny. Because that's how they justify themselves. I get called skinny all the time. I'm not skinny I just am not fat. This whole stupid campaign is basically giving woman the thumbs up to sit on their asses and eat donuts and validate the ever expanding size of their ass.

i got the thyroid problems use be over active i was very thin now under active i not so thin now...not sure american size but i gone to 16/18 i was 8/10

Now if that hurts someone's feelings, sorry but that there is the truth and sometimes the truth hurts. I'm not a sugar coater. I'm not politically correct, I don't mollycoddle.

I was underweight growing up. Being called skinny is as bad as being called fat. People don't realize how hurtful it is to be called skinny. My earliest memory was in maybe 4th grade and this 8th grade girl, overweight, would tell me that I'm so skinny that I'm going to die. Luckily I knew that wasn't true and shrugged it off. I couldn't help it. I could eat anything and not gain an ounce. I was 90 pounds in high school. I was happy the way I was but didn't like the comments I constantly got.

I'm no longer skinny anymore and I haven't been told I'm skinny in ages.

At my age...I watch carefully what I eat...and can wear a 10..sometimes an 11...I don't "work out" at the gym, using free weights anymore...just take walks whenever my balance isn't acting up....but I'll say one thing here....if you exercise when you're young and stay away from those sweet & fatty foods...you'll be much healthier when you get older and less active, as I am today.

Good grief. Seconds after I walk into somewhere to get a bite to eat, the place suddenly becomes busy. What is it with me and places that immediately become busy after I walk in?

Nothing, it's nothing and has nothing to do with you

Good grief. Seconds after I walk into somewhere to get a bite to eat, the place suddenly becomes busy. What is it with me and places that immediately become busy after I walk in?

I know that feeling. why can't they just wait till I leave? :lol:

I know that feeling. why can't they just wait till I leave? :lol:

Ah, well. No biggie. Although I could make do without slipping on ice and severely injuring one of my toes due to an awkward landing. Good thing is that it's not fractured or broken. More than likely I severely sprained it.

There is no good defense for picking on people. We all have things going on.
I am a 200 lb., 6' 1' white male construction worker who has been for most of my life except when injured or fighting cancer in excellent physical condition. Does that mean I should pick on people who may or may not by any fault of their own be different than me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back