What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got tired of my computer overheating every time I went on Star Trek Online, so I took it apart the other day, but just barely and found the CPU heatsink clogged with years of dust. Few days later (today) it's still getting too hot and I never used to have problems with that game on this computer, so I took it apart way more today and aside from now wanting to upgrade the GPU and add a second one in SLI, I found this on my GTX 260M and it's heatsink..

2nkugt4.jpg

It's cleared out now and running about 20 degrees cooler, so I haven't had any overheating shut off issues yet.

I got tired of my computer overheating every time I went on Star Trek Online, so I took it apart the other day, but just barely and found the CPU heatsink clogged with years of dust. Few days later (today) it's still getting too hot and I never used to have problems with that game on this computer, so I took it apart way more today and aside from now wanting to upgrade the GPU and add a second one in SLI, I found this on my GTX 260M and it's heatsink..

It's cleared out now and running about 20 degrees cooler, so I haven't had any overheating shut off issues yet.

All computers need cleaning once in a while.. Wouldn't hurt to open them up every couple of months and clean them out. Speaking of which, I need to do that to mine.

2nkugt4.jpg

in the laptop??!

All computers need cleaning once in a while.. Wouldn't hurt to open them up every couple of months and clean them out. Speaking of which, I need to do that to mine.

I didn't know how to properly disassemble it, so it was deemed too risky. I found a video on how to and now it's clean. I always keep my desktop cleaned out, I mean, I did build it, so I know it very well (Low risk).

in the laptop??!

Yep

So strange we were just talking about this. I just checked my email a little bit ago, I got one from Netflix earlier tonight. The final season if Breaking Bad is available!!!! Hallelujah !!!!!!

What I am not doing is starting watching it tonight. I didn't read it until midnight and if I start now I'll be watching til the sun comes up. I gotta work in the AM gorammit!!!!

I wasn't aware you get emails from Netflix. Cool! Thanks for letting me know. I'll go check. There goes my time here.

laptop cleaning are a real B^^stard of a job, i did it to my lappy for the cpu fan being clogged.....literally stripped the ENTIRE laptop right down to the very last bit, CPU heatsink right at the back, NOT FUN

shit it was scary just to try put it back altogether...next laptop i getting it gonna be a bigger easier-to-service Probook or Elitebook, Id stay away from Apple's airbook - id dread tearing THAT down.......

aside from saying that i hate working on laptops...I have been playing with my latest and greatest toy- the DUNE 3D HD!! media player, I LOVE it....ethernet - howswappable hard drives, wifi network, andriod remote, normal remote, best codecs, everything I could ask for , luxuary, and adjustable everything subititles, sound you name it...

i had a ball!! which i havent enjoyed something for a long time....glad it made me smile a bit which i haven't for a while :)

laptop cleaning are a real B^^stard of a job, i did it to my lappy for the cpu fan being clogged.....literally stripped the ENTIRE laptop right down to the very last bit, CPU heatsink right at the back, NOT FUN

shit it was scary just to try put it back altogether...next laptop i getting it gonna be a bigger easier-to-service Probook or Elitebook, Id stay away from Apple's airbook - id dread tearing THAT down.......

Imagine how I feel, I had to take apart an Alienware M17xR1..lol If I didn't like longer painted nails, I'd cut them and make my work 100X easier. lol

That dirt clog started in 2009 until today basically and has been all over the US in every climate zone you can imagine.. Literally.

Drinking coffee and slowly getting ready for Uni. Yay. Then study... maybe procrastinate some more... and move a desk around to another room.

Son had opened the netbook a number of times to clean it. Found a great video online on how to do it and kept it quite clean. Sad to say though, the netbook finally died. It was bought back in 2006 or so. Now, son is without a computer until we can get him something. He did get a Chromebook, but after 2 days, it died, so it was returned.

I nee3d to open the desktop for both daughter and I and get them cleaned.

Need to learn how to clean out my laptop I got off ebay. Dell Precision M6300.... giant bulky laptop lol.

Currently right now, I am eating a baked sweet potato with cinnamon and brown sugar.

I am catching my breath after hauling cargo on a frozen day here in Chicago. Next up is to make some lunch-- chicken and french fries. Also need to work on my budget for this Friday.

Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using AllDeaf App mobile app

I'm watching the long awaited final season of Breaking Bad that Netflix finally got and I'm already addicted again. Man, I swear, that show gets better and better by each episode! Best show ever made!

I'm so jelly!!!! Tonight!! Okay, here's what I want to happen. I want Jesse to kill Walter. Yup I said it, he's such an ass and has completely f'd Jesse so many times!!!

It is weird that Walter is still alive in 6th season. I thought dr said his cancer is inoperable? :confused: I'm on 2nd episode of 1st season. I still have a long way to go.

It is weird that Walter is still alive in 6th season. I thought dr said his cancer is inoperable? :confused: I'm on 2nd episode of 1st season. I still have a long way to go.

Remember this is a TV show. Cancer can last forever. :giggle:

We want Walter to live don't we? He's the main character.

I'm on Season 5 Episode 12 - Rabid Dog. I went through 3 episodes and had to force myself to stop and take a break. It was making me feel like a criminal.

Remember this is a TV show. Cancer can last forever. :giggle:

We want Walter to live don't we? He's the main character.

I'm on Season 5 Episode 12 - Rabid Dog. I went through 3 episodes and had to force myself to stop and take a break. It was making me feel like a criminal.

Just because he's the main character duesnt mean we have to like him ;) I hate him with a fiery burning passion, and his wife lol I hope Jesse shoots him. For real lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back