What are you doing right now? Part II

Daughter is cooking an "Irish" meal for the whole family tonight. She loves to cook. It will be nice to have all my kids here for dinner. My son is going to bring his newly adopted little dog over. Will be interesting to see how he interacts with Marley.

Working with someone here..... turns out our hot water is out again, and I've been told a broken pipe is to blame, but here's the problem-- the property manager told the front desk that we should have had our hot water back on, which we don't. Either he's lying or there really is a broken pipe (Doubtful, as it would've been breaking news). Now I need to figure out my next move. :|

Working with someone here..... turns out our hot water is out again, and I've been told a broken pipe is to blame, but here's the problem-- the property manager told the front desk that we should have had our hot water back on, which we don't. Either he's lying or there really is a broken pipe (Doubtful, as it would've been breaking news). Now I need to figure out my next move. :|
A broken residential hot water pipe would be breaking news? What? Is it a slow news day in Chicago?

A broken residential hot water pipe would be breaking news? What? Is it a slow news day in Chicago?

Not those pipes. I'm referring to the city pipes. They're saying one broke, but given the area where I live at, it would've been breaking news, as a broken pipe here would have caused major headaches around here. Plus, from what I have been able to gather, none of the pipes here broke, as I was able to get hot chocolate just an hour before it went out. Something's not right, but what exactly, not sure yet.

Not those pipes. I'm referring to the city pipes. They're saying one broke, but given the area where I live at, it would've been breaking news, as a broken pipe here would have caused major headaches around here. Plus, from what I have been able to gather, none of the pipes here broke, as I was able to get hot chocolate just an hour before it went out. Something's not right, but what exactly, not sure yet.
Oh, you mean like a water main. Well, I don't think a water main broke because if it did you wouldn't have any water, cold or hot. Do you still have cold water?

Oh, you mean like a water main. Well, I don't think a water main broke because if it did you wouldn't have any water, cold or hot. Do you still have cold water?

Cold water, yes. I just talked to the front desk again, and he tells me he doesn't know exactly what is going on, but it has something to do with pipe maintainece, but what exactly, we're not sure, and he did call the City, which told him that it would take several hours to restore it, and I told him I would recheck with him in a few hours, so give them time to make the repairs, whatever it is.

Cold water, yes. I just talked to the front desk again, and he tells me he doesn't know exactly what is going on, but it has something to do with pipe maintainece, but what exactly, we're not sure, and he did call the City, which told him that it would take several hours to restore it, and I told him I would recheck with him in a few hours, so give them time to make the repairs, whatever it is.

I took a shower and the water was ice cold , it was no fun! Someone had to been running the washing machine or taking a shower too.

What is happen with you moving to a new place , did that fell through?

I took a shower and the water was ice cold , it was no fun! Someone had to been running the washing machine or taking a shower too.

What is happen with you moving to a new place , did that fell through?

We're still working on it, but with the holidays here, not much to do until after New Year's Day, when things will likely pick back up. I'm still determined to get out of this h***hole.

I'm following the weather...and it looks like it's going to be a blue Christmas for a lot of folks in the eye of the storm so to speak. I think this Christmas is going to a mess. I'm so glad I took the 24th off...I wouldn't want to be on the roads for that commute....

Laura

My daughter and granddaughter are coming over Saturday and staying the night , we're having a Hanukkah dinner . So I will not have to travel on Christmas day , everyone else live close so they'll not have to dive too far .

Wondering how long it will take for my family to notice I'm not there. They're all sitting around the table chatting. I did ALL the dishes, cleaned the whole kitchen, took Marley for her walk and no one has noticed. I can't follow the conversation anyway......pretty sad, one hour and counting.

Wondering how long it will take for my family to notice I'm not there. They're all sitting around the table chatting. I did ALL the dishes, cleaned the whole kitchen, took Marley for her walk and no one has noticed. I can't follow the conversation anyway......pretty sad, one hour and counting.

You're not alone I'm sitting right here in the corner with you.

You're not alone I'm sitting right here in the corner with you.

Took 1.12 hours for my youngest to come sit with me. I've accepted that this is how get togethers go now that I can't hear. I'm fine with it, Marley keeps me company.

shopping online for my wife.
hard to pick clothes for her.
saving lingerie for Valentine Day's

Doing my bills. Then I will head out to enjoy the craziness of the busiest shopping day because I have all my shopping done. I will stop at one store to buy pecans for next year's cookies. Then I will walk the mall (not the one close to me that I walk daily during the winter) and maybe sit and people watch. Later I will meet my daughter to shop for our tree.

Trying to figure out what to do today..... flurries might be abound today, so that'll make things interesting, to say the least. :hmm:

Back