What are you doing right now? Part II

Done checked both bicycles. The Trek is in very good shape overally. Both brakes work, and tire pressure is good. As for the Mongoose, the front tire needs air, and my left handlebar brake needs repairs. I will inquire about prices when I fill the tire up in about 20 or so minutes.

You keep talking about going to get air for your tires. Don't you have a hand pump so that you can do it at home?

The bunch I grew up with in the 1950's all had single speed bikes with balloon tires and used hand pumps. We very, very rarely filled up at a gas station.

You keep talking about going to get air for your tires. Don't you have a hand pump so that you can do it at home?

The bunch I grew up with in the 1950's all had single speed bikes with balloon tires and used hand pumps. We very, very rarely filled up at a gas station.

Still to the day, 2014, i used the hand pumps for my kids bikes as well. hand pumps are more safer to control the air in the tire than the machine that got out of control then would go straight to explore the tire. :giggle: I guess.

hand pump my bike then got foot pump.no more bikes for me cycle days over:(

Still to the day, 2014, i used the hand pumps for my kids bikes as well. hand pumps are more safer to control the air in the tire than the machine that got out of control then would go straight to explore the tire. :giggle: I guess.

You mean it could go KABOOM! I never thought of that. I always have a some at the gas station check my cars tries .

You mean it could go KABOOM! I never thought of that. I always have a some at the gas station check my cars tries .

i misspelled.. i meant for explode. yes kaboom

the machine is huge for the tiny tire.

For car tire, that is more proper.

No. However, there is a bicycle store nearby where I can get free air. That's where I filled up my rear bicycle tire after replacing the blown tube on my Mongoose bicycle. And come to think of it, I think I need to replace the others with self-sealing bicycle tubes.

No. However, there is a bicycle store nearby where I can get free air. That's where I filled up my rear bicycle tire after replacing the blown tube on my Mongoose bicycle. And come to think of it, I think I need to replace the others with self-sealing bicycle tubes.

But you have to get there first (if air is way down it means pushing the bike).

isn't a shame that we have to pay for air today. Free air ,I don't see that a lot anymore.

But you have to get there first (if air is way down it means pushing the bike).

No. Just the tire. Easier to do it that way. Pushing a bicycle with a flat tire is tricky, and hard to control. Thankfully, taking the tire off and putting it back on is easy to do, but here's the thing, though-- putting the rear tire on either bike is tricky, and has to be done a certain way. Not easy, but can be done. Only thing is, you would get your hands dirty messing with the bike chain.

No. Just the tire. Easier to do it that way. Pushing a bicycle with a flat tire is tricky, and hard to control. Thankfully, taking the tire off and putting it back on is easy to do, but here's the thing, though-- putting the rear tire on either bike is tricky, and has to be done a certain way. Not easy, but can be done. Only thing is, you would get your hands dirty messing with the bike chain.

I don't think any of us ever even thought of taking a whole wheel off just to get air in a tire!

This is the type of bike I am referring to:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1950s-Schwinn-Admiral-Meteor-balloon-tire-bicycle-original-frame/261683739381?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D15ca3de22d10418493bbc82eb4ea922e%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D20131017132637%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D261682628257

That's because both of my bicycles are 24-speed bicycles, and both aren't exactly light. That's why it's easier to do it that way.

I think WDYS is thinking of the air available at gas stations in the USA.

Yeah, I know. Used to be in the 1990's air would cost $.25, but the last time I went to an air pump station at a gas station, it was $.75, so I quit going there.

That's because both of my bicycles are 24-speed bicycles, and both aren't exactly light. That's why it's easier to do it that way.

Did you even look at the listing with the photo? This is not a LIGHT bike. I can remember it taking two of us to put it in the trunk to take mine for new tires.

Back