What are somethings that were once illegal and is now legal?

Jolie77

Premium Member
Reaction score
The thread title says it all.

We all know that Alcohol was once illegal and now is legal.

What else adds up to this list? :)

Let me raise something excatly the opposite. Marijuana was legal in Asterdam, but I heard they are limiting it and put it into illegal list :shock:

Let me raise something excatly the opposite. Marijuana was legal in Asterdam, but I heard they are limiting it and put it into illegal list :shock:

Not in America, we are reducing the punishments for marijuana, even some of the counties or cities legalized the marijuana. Only state that ever legalize marijuana was Alaska since 1975.

I was referring to the asterdam laws, apart from USA. At least, the people who has been into marijuanuas are chilling in alaska, eh

I was referring to the asterdam laws, apart from USA. At least, the people who has been into marijuanuas are chilling in alaska, eh

Yeah I know :) As my experience with being high with the marijuana, being chilling while high does feel good ;)

People of different races marrying each other was illegal before. That is now changed.

Suicide, committing it and being caught, was considered illegal. Now you get counseling instead of being institutionalized/jailed.

Alcohol was legal, then illegal, then legal again. Anything could happen. ;)

Hunting alligators was illegal til a few years ago.

In the state of Florida

Deaf peeps was illegally allowed to sign...only to talk orally in schools now we can sign anywhere we want to.

black people were finally as equal as white men in America

please no flaming! here we go - ................. abortion was illegal before and now it's legal.
29wwkmp.gif

People of different races marrying each other was illegal before. That is now changed.

Not only that, it was once illegal for blacks to use the same restroom or drinking fountain that whites used. It was once illegal for them to attend the same schools as white children attended. Homosexuality used to be illegal.

crap u all used up all the illegal turn into legal stuff .....uhhhh uhhh mmm uhhh ok i got nothing..

oh yeah spanking!! its legalized now

I dont know if it was a law or what...women wearing pants or showing leg skin?

This shouldn't be considered as illegal vs legal, but it is related in social norms.
In the states, lawsuits used to be a thing reserved for specific issues like say the black guy treated unfairly at Applebees, CEO's running off with company $$.

Now in today's world, you can get sued over anything. From having your zipper down in front of the public women's bathroom, or the faulty coffee mug handle, or for walking! People are getting way out of hand these days.

Back